Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #4383

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob View Post
Where are you? We have broken heat records every day for more than a week. It's stifling in North Florida right now.
It's been cooler than normal here in northwest Montana for this time of year. Down in the low 40's in the mornings. Brrrr!

At this rate my tomatoes aren't going to finish getting ripe before the fall freeze.
Kalispell, Montana
PaulAchuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #4384

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Leveling jacks

I'm just wondering what other people have been doing with their rvs that don't have automatic leveling jacks installed. My RV dealer tells me that it would cost me $4-5,000 to buy them plus installation which is labor intensive and my motorhome isn't even worth that much. I'd never recover the cost of them I don't think if I decided to sell the coach. Is there an alternative?. What I'm really looking for is something that will stop the motorhome from rocking back and forth as we walk back and forth inside of it when we are parked.

Thanks.
Kalispell, Montana
PaulAchuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #4385

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAchuff View Post
I'm just wondering what other people have been doing with their rvs that don't have automatic leveling jacks installed. My RV dealer tells me that it would cost me $4-5,000 to buy them plus installation which is labor intensive and my motorhome isn't even worth that much. I'd never recover the cost of them I don't think if I decided to sell the coach. Is there an alternative?. What I'm really looking for is something that will stop the motorhome from rocking back and forth as we walk back and forth inside of it when we are parked.

Thanks.

Ours doesn’t rock too badly but if that bothers you, just get it as level as you can ( ramps, blocks, whatever) and then put some scissor jacks under the frame to stop the rocking
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #4386

Quote:
It's been cooler than normal here in northwest Montana for this time of year. Down in the low 40's in the mornings. Brrrr!

At this rate my tomatoes aren't going to finish getting ripe before the fall freeze.
We just started our tomato plants. It's too hot and humid here to grow them through the summer. Today's yet another record setting day of heat.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #4387

Vintage RV Owners Club
Why not buy 4 hydraulic Jack's and use them for support and leveling
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #4388

Today I got the lower filon panel epoxied to the plywood substrate, and I used a water-based contact adhesive to attach the foam to the inside of the wall. It's starting to be a wall again!
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #4389

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Thanks.
Camco stackable screw jacks.......
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #4390

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dropped it off the truck and washed it, changed the bubble levels.....

mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #4391

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Broke our lighted entry assist handle this morning and fell hard on concrete. I ordered a new one from Ebay. Also, I am in the process of sanitizing our fresh water tank. Lots of water wasted...
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #4392

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie and Martha View Post
Broke our lighted entry assist handle this morning and fell hard on concrete. I ordered a new one from Ebay. Also, I am in the process of sanitizing our fresh water tank. Lots of water wasted...

Hoping you are OK Charlie.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #4393

Tomato problem

If you have to pick the tomatoes before they are fully ripe put them in a brown bag with an apple in a cool dry place. Check them often.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #4394

Winnebago Owners Club
We want to keep the existing "leatheret" ceiling, but the bed rooom is in sad shape. What have any of you used, the sub structure is in great shape, was thinking of using Automotive headliner material, I replaced a headliner in my older dodge truck and came out really well, i used the regular automotive head liner spray adhesive and held very well. Any suggestions other than headliner cloth?
wayhilc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #4395

Winnebago Owners Club
WE are in Lake City, and yes breaking and setting new heat records, probably humidity records as well. I have every window in the rv open and fans going, still can only work a few hours straight, then long ice tea breaks needed. Between the heat and almost daily afternoon thunderstorms , work going at snails pace.
wayhilc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:03 AM   #4396

Pulled the Atwood / Dometic furnace igniter and, after testing it for spark, (It was pathetic!) reset the electrodes to give me a much more robust spark. The gap is now ~ 1/4 inch instead of 1/8th. The furnace now ignites every time where before all I usually got was the fan and a propane smell. I had previously called Atwood / Dometic for advice and they were not very helpful. Everyone is apparently Sail-Switch happy! Even telling them that all the permissives worked didn't help. I figured it was either the board or the igniter. I also got a spare board on eBay for 30 bucks just in case!

Prior to this I unblocked a heat duct that had insulation material stuffed in it and reset the propane pressure (Decreased it.). Heat now works like a champ and fires every time. Retested the fridge and water heater just in case my pressure adjustments might have affected them. All propane appliances work fine.