Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #4691

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAchuff View Post
I was wondering if anyone could put me on the path to finding a new door to my 1985 Fleetwood Southwind. I've checked most of the salvage yards and no one seems to have one. The local RV dealer is checking a source for a new one but I'm afraid that is going to be exorbitantly expensive because he told me that with a MH the lock has to be DOT approved.

Thanks!
Have you tried Rv Doctor George in Sacramento CA. 916 9277837
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #4692

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufy1 View Post
I haven't. Is there a website that you know of? thanks!
Kalispell, Montana
PaulAchuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #4693

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I did a quick Google search and found this: https://rvdoctorgeorge.com/

Is this the one you're talking about? If so, it doesn't appear that he has any doors.
Kalispell, Montana
Old 02-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #4694

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Got tried of getting down on hands and knees to get to the pots and pans stored under the sink so I build some drawers. Took some time since drawers are a right trapezoid.

That looks excellent!!
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #4695

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
ok, folks I got a Honeywell TH1100DV100 Thermostat for my furnace tonight and am wondering if anyone can tell me how to hook it up. I have a black and green wire coming from my old thermostat. The new thermostat has a W - Heat Relay a C 24Vac common (which I doubt I need to hook up) and a R - Power. I need to know which wires go where if anyone knows.

I have a 1985 Fleetwood Southwind. Thanks.
Kalispell, Montana
Old 02-14-2019, 01:31 AM   #4696

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
ok, folks I got a Honeywell TH1100DV100 Thermostat for my furnace tonight and am wondering if anyone can tell me how to hook it up. I have a black and green wire coming from my old thermostat. The new thermostat has a W - Heat Relay a C 24Vac common (which I doubt I need to hook up) and a R - Power. I need to know which wires go where if anyone knows.

I have a 1985 Fleetwood Southwind. Thanks.
As I'm not a licensed electrician, insert a caveat here. However, You just need to hook the two wires from the furnace to terminals marked R and W.

The C terminal is optional/not used in this case as per the manual "Optional 24 VAC common connection. If this connection is not made, use batteries
to power the thermostat"

Which wire to which terminal doesn't matter in the case of only two wires. The thermostat is just acting like a fancy switch, it's either open or closed. All the functioning of the furnace (the 15-second delay, the ignition, the cycle) is all handled from the computer on the furnace itself.

For what it's worth, the two wires "should" be red and white in which case you would connect the white wire to the "W" terminal on the furnace and thermostat. Repeat this for the red wire, connecting it to the "R" terminal on both the furnace and thermostat just to be consistent for then next time.

You might want to take a look at your Furnace where the wires come out. They might be red and white where they come out of the furnace, and someone just replaced with something else. While running a new wire would be a pain, you could mark the wires at the thermostat, or at least route them to the "recommended" terminal, so if someone else works on it, they don't have to guess.

FWIW, while I had red and white coming up to my thermostat, they are blue and grey coming out of the Furnace. Go figure.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 AM   #4697

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we first started full time I have some severe electrical problems starting with our transfer switch. Over that last (nearly) two years I have been battling electrical demons.

Well it happened again at Casa móvil de los Ketchums. Our convection/microwave bit the dust. We knew it had problems as it never quite worked right after our transfer switch debacle. So, we had to go buy a new one. I ended up buying a a new Whirlpool to replace it.

I've already pulled out the old one and I'm ready to put the new one in when it arrives tomorrow.

Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #4698

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I installed a Honeywell TH1100DV100 Thermostat in the MH this morning and it's working great! Much better than the old one that obviously came with the unit when it was new in 1985.

Thanks to Desdinova for all his help and advice on how to install it and wire it up.
Kalispell, Montana
Old 02-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #4699

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Tom. I did finally get ahold of them down in California and ultimately they didn't have a door for me. However I think I might possibly make him a client. I made a sample website for him to look at so he could see what kind of spit and polish I could bring to his company. Crossing my fingers.
Kalispell, Montana
Old 02-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #4700

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Tom. I did finally get ahold of them down in California and ultimately they didn't have a door for me. However I think I might possibly make him a client. I made a sample website for him to look at so he could see what kind of spit and polish I could bring to his company. Crossing my fingers.
Good luck
Hope you find a door
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #4701

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
As I'm not a licensed electrician, insert a caveat here. However, You just need to hook the two wires from the furnace to terminals marked R and W.

The C terminal is optional/not used in this case as per the manual "Optional 24 VAC common connection. If this connection is not made, use batteries
to power the thermostat"

Which wire to which terminal doesn't matter in the case of only two wires. The thermostat is just acting like a fancy switch, it's either open or closed. All the functioning of the furnace (the 15-second delay, the ignition, the cycle) is all handled from the computer on the furnace itself.

For what it's worth, the two wires "should" be red and white in which case you would connect the white wire to the "W" terminal on the furnace and thermostat. Repeat this for the red wire, connecting it to the "R" terminal on both the furnace and thermostat just to be consistent for then next time.

You might want to take a look at your Furnace where the wires come out. They might be red and white where they come out of the furnace, and someone just replaced with something else. While running a new wire would be a pain, you could mark the wires at the thermostat, or at least route them to the "recommended" terminal, so if someone else works on it, they don't have to guess.

FWIW, while I had red and white coming up to my thermostat, they are blue and grey coming out of the Furnace. Go figure.
I got it wired up Miles and it works great. Ultimately I just "poked and hoped" with the wire colors because the wiring goes up behind my refrigerator and I would have had to take it out to see where all the wiring for the furnace went and I sure didn't want to do that! My wires were green and black so I just hooked up the black wire to R which I was assuming meant Hot and green meant ground so I hooked it up to W. I guess I did it right.

Thanks for your advice!
Kalispell, Montana
Old 02-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #4702

Its Been A Hot Minute

Hey guys,
It has been awhile since I posted but things are moving along smoothly and I wanted to show you the progress. My 1989 just received a new toilet and AC unit. All that is left is replacing the counter top and fixing the generator. Things are right on schedule for the big cross-country trip this summer. Taking the rig out this weekend to keep the fluids fresh and battery charged up nicely.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aRKYyDjeLZ2LbuFh6
Abrum81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #4703

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning guys and gals.

I just wanted to report that since I installed my new Honeywell TH1100DV100 Thermostat on the 14th that my propane usage has been cut in half! I can't believe what a difference the thing makes. My furnace doesn't kick on nearly as often and when it does it doesn't run nearly as long. Normally I would have been down to half a tank by now and I'm only down a quarter of a tank. that's amazing!

Kalispell, Montana
Old 02-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #4704

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Good morning guys and gals.

I just wanted to report that since I installed my new Honeywell TH1100DV100 Thermostat on the 14th that my propane usage has been cut in half! I can't believe what a difference the thing makes. My furnace doesn't kick on nearly as often and when it does it doesn't run nearly as long. Normally I would have been down to half a tank by now and I'm only down a quarter of a tank. that's amazing!

Thats great. Did you happen to take photos when you did this. I have a Newmar and my T-stat is awful. After reading about the Honeywell I think I am going to change ours.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote