Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #4747

This how they are attached, epoxy and screws. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	237715
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #4748

I bought a new battery for my motorcycle from Batterys Plus here in Tacoma. This in anticipation for 5 more for my coach. I didn’t realize the battery I ordered was the wrong one and because I was wearing my MAGA hat the salesman let me walk with it. When I went to install it, I realized it wouldn’t work ( poles were reversed) and then Batterys Plus wouldn’t exchange it!
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #4749

I was able to get the heater cable to work, its iffy at best to stay on I need a new cable and haven't found one yet. got the new stereo working and with the old amp and equalizer. mounter the flat screen on a full motion mount. the list is large of what all I have fixed in the 2 months we have had it but mostly minor stuff.
Greg20d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #4750

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitedg View Post
I love it! I started experimenting with this in the fall. How did you fill the cracked decals, or did you? I lightly sanded and that was not enough.

Thanks Mark
Mark, I have had pretty good luck with just sanding but it take it down quite a bit. I have some I am working on now that need filling. It is raining today but I will be working on it tomorrow. Give me a few days and I will post the results.

Meanwhile take a look at this.
New paint for the ole Southwind – 1999 Southwind 35S

Got a lot of good info from this.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:40 PM   #4751

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I worked on diagnosing my kitchen slide. It won't deploy at all. We are honkered down in Lordsburg, NM. waiting for the severe winds to pass at the moment. One of the slide locks won't disengage. I think its the magnetic position sensor but cannot get to the slide lock because the slide is stuck in the in position. ARGH! At least it's stuck in.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:09 AM   #4752

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
What did you do to your old RV today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie and Martha View Post
I worked on diagnosing my kitchen slide. It won't deploy at all. We are honkered down in Lordsburg, NM. waiting for the severe winds to pass at the moment. One of the slide locks won't disengage. I think its the magnetic position sensor but cannot get to the slide lock because the slide is stuck in the in position. ARGH! At least it's stuck in.

Been there done that. Maybe this will help you.

I would pop the pin out of the arm that connects it to the actuator (the motor thingie) and then just tape the arm closed flush to the slide.

This will falsely trip the magnetic switch on the faulty side allowing the logic board to engage the slide motors. You may notice a time delay as you are overriding the logic board by a step. It will add about 15-20 secs.

Good luck and if what I wrote above doesn’t make sense let me know!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:48 AM   #4753

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Mark, I have had pretty good luck with just sanding but it take it down quite a bit. I have some I am working on now that need filling. It is raining today but I will be working on it tomorrow. Give me a few days and I will post the results.

Lynne
Ive not used this product yet on my fading decals but am planning on doing so this season. The product is called "Peel bond". Its a heavy duty primer sealer that is thick and fills cracks and uneven surfaces. I use it a lot in my contracting business and it is a fantastic problem solving paint. You won't find it in box stores.
Harris
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:29 AM   #4754

Finished up the radio project. Had to hook in a toggle switch to the ignition wire.

I mounted outdoor speakers under the camper on the outside of the frame.

Wife and mother in law are slowly getting all the new curtains done. I have the rods installed. Just waiting for the curtains.

I also changed out all the light bulbs for LED. Man what a difference. I found some on Amazon. 20 LED bulbs for $20. Time will tell if they hold up.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190312_100828.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	237890
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #4755

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnuts View Post
Ive not used this product yet on my fading decals but am planning on doing so this season. The product is called "Peel bond". Its a heavy duty primer sealer that is thick and fills cracks and uneven surfaces. I use it a lot in my contracting business and it is a fantastic problem solving paint. You won't find it in box stores.

Harris

That stuff looks awesome. I will be trying this, some of my cracks are very deep and I would be sanding off the decal essentially to get rid of them. Hoping this will fill the cracks and be a nice base for a top coat.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #4756

Winnebago Owners Club
Painting new decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post

Lynne
I tried to paint over the cracked decals, but I was never happy with the results. I finally removed them and painted new ones. I tried a heat gun, didn't like it. Tried the rubber wheel with a drill, didn't like it either. So I found this stuff GraphXoff it makes removal so easy. I use a plastic razor blade for scraping it off. It is still a work in progress but it looks much better by starting over. I did order the lettering for Damon Daybreak in vinyl and have placed one on the front and still have 3 more to go. It is looking so much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180228_123906 (4).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	237905   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180308_123220 (1).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	237906  

mudslidemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #4757

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramichi View Post

I would pop the pin out of the arm that connects it to the actuator (the motor thingie) and then just tape the arm closed flush to the slide.

This will falsely trip the magnetic switch on the faulty side allowing the logic board to engage the slide motors. You may notice a time delay as you are overriding the logic board by a step. It will add about 15-20 secs.

Thanks for that idea. Currently we have a sustained wind of 40mph with gusts expected to 65 this afternoon. The slide is on the back burner at the moment. Dust is blowing so hard you can't be outside without goggles and I don't have any. We brought our slides in because we are rocking and rolling..

I've watched a buzzillion YouTubes on this subject now and one way I can check if it's board or locks is to switch to a known good board. Since the boards for the kitchen and living room slides are 8" apart it'll be easy to check this. And, the same video showed how to bypass the board with jumpers and bring the room out or in.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #4758

Monaco Owners Club
What did you do to your old RV today?

‘95 dynasty, mechanical Cummins c8.3

with the help of the Monaco owners forum I diagnosed that my fuel cutoff solenoid was likely inop. i tested the theory by manually activating it and starting from rear engine switch. ordering a new solenoid today.

lotsa details here:
(this is weird - incorrect link preview is displaying but links correctly!)

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/95-d...re-433324.html
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #4759

Started loading food and clothes for a trip starting Saturday So Cal, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon.
Greg20d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #4760

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramichi View Post

This afternoon we landed at Elephant Butte State Park, NM. We arrived late due to a flat. I didn't have much time to mess with the slide but tapped, whacked and wailed on both lock bodies to try to get the sensors to active. NADA. Tomorrow I am going to swap a working board with the one on the kitchen slide. If it works I know it's the board if it doesn't I may have two bad boards.

Got lucky with the flat. Inside dual, 3 miles from a Pilot and tire shop. I was able to inflate it long enough to get us there. Ended up being a defective valve core. $35 repair. Shout out to Maverick Tire Repair in Lordsburg, NM