Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #477
Senior Member
 
spritz's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: c above
Posts: 4,607
Should I feel comforable?

I have a daley driver a 64 Cad convert, mowers, (push/tractor), tools,house, MH. My agent says not to worry I am covered and have replacement coverage. Should I be worried?
tb
__________________

__________________
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #478
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Snowbird - Waterford Mi and Citrus Springs Fl.
Posts: 3,398
I'm sure it depends on the policy? I'm told anything insurable on it's own, like the Caddy for instance, likely not covered. That would require a comprehensive or storage policy of it's own? I am told maintenance equipment (even a compact utility tractor w/loader for instance) are insured under the homeowners policy.

FWIW, something I do on occasion, is walk through with a digital camera (once a year?) and snap pics of EVERYTHING (including serial number plates if present), so documenting a loss (god forbid!) will be much easier. -Al
__________________

__________________
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #479
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
I'm sure it depends on the policy? I'm told anything insurable on it's own, like the Caddy for instance, likely not covered. That would require a comprehensive or storage policy of it's own? I am told maintenance equipment (even a compact utility tractor w/loader for instance) are insured under the homeowners policy.

FWIW, something I do on occasion, is walk through with a digital camera (once a year?) and snap pics of EVERYTHING (including serial number plates if present), so documenting a loss (god forbid!) will be much easier.
-Al
Good idea ... as an "extra" I use a vidcam and shoot a front page of today's newspaper, zooming to the date, within each room. Belt + Suspenders ... maybe.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #480
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Olivehurst, CA
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Good idea ... as an "extra" I use a vidcam and shoot a front page of today's newspaper, zooming to the date, within each room.
What's a newspaper?
__________________
Winnebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #481
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
What's a newspaper?
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #482
Senior Member
 
mikeh2obury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 124
sorry about your problems. Take a deep breath, nobody died. You are fortunate.
__________________
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #483
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh2obury View Post
sorry about your problems. Take a deep breath, nobody died. You are fortunate.
No he isn't ... fortunate is when nothing bad happens to you ...

"Could have been worse" is about the best you can say about this.

The OP has my best wishes.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #484
Senior Member
 
mikeh2obury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 124
i agree but remember, there isn't a trailer hitch on a hearst for a reason.
__________________
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #485
Member
 
USMC1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MACON, GA
Posts: 99
new gadget...

Installed an Ultra-Gauge on our '98 Dolphin motorhome and it is a neat info gatherer. Got some reading to do as to all it does display... but I have a new toy for "The Pig"
__________________
2004 National Tropi Cal T370, Cat Power
"SEMPER FI" Married to my best friend for 47 years
We are self employed dog groomers for 43 years
USMC1968 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #486
Senior Member
 
Blag's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 181
I did a little work on the front end.













We finally got around to squeezing the replacement cab into place on the front of our MH.




One step closer.......
__________________
Currently restoring our 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun on GMC G35 cab/chassis. 400ci
Blag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:56 AM   #487
Senior Member
 
Blag's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by olevangaurd View Post
I have no more garage, it burnt down Nov 8. taking our new 23 ft Travel Trailer , pickup, 2 snowmobiles,Honda Gold Wing, Tire Machine, Quad, and 3 generations of tools, my fathers, my sons and mine..
Sorry for your loss olevangaurd,

Your situation is my worst nightmare. You have my best wishes also. I hope you can get something built and get your shop back to they way you'd like it as soon as possible.
__________________
Currently restoring our 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun on GMC G35 cab/chassis. 400ci
Blag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #488
Member
 
Kenvb's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Whitecourt.Alberta
Posts: 91
thanks gang, just got the final payout for the garage,I had 4 qoutes to rebuild it at average of $60,000 Insurance said they will go $32,800 less the clean up charge of $12,600. leaves me with not enough to rebuild it, Underinsured they say !Had made partial list of tools I could remember of $89,000 , they havnt said what they will pay for those yr?so will do like my Father did, buy rough lumber from a local sawmill and build myself.with the help of some of my retired friends, carpenter,electrician,plumber, maybe do it for $20,000 .00 and its going to be 12 ft high too, to get the olevangaurd in the garage.
__________________
Kenvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #489
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by olevangaurd View Post
thanks gang, just got the final payout for the garage,I had 4 qoutes to rebuild it at average of $60,000 Insurance said they will go $32,800 less the clean up charge of $12,600. leaves me with not enough to rebuild it, Underinsured they say !Had made partial list of tools I could remember of $89,000 , they havnt said what they will pay for those yr?so will do like my Father did, buy rough lumber from a local sawmill and build myself.with the help of some of my retired friends, carpenter,electrician,plumber, maybe do it for $20,000 .00 and its going to be 12 ft high too, to get the olevangaurd in the garage.
Did you take on the cleanup yourself? I know you could probably do that for less.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #490
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 473
RGB porch lite strip - $18.00 Supernight with RGB remote control. They also remember the led setting when light power is removed ( using the inside light switch) So turning the LEDs to their last setting was as easy as flipping the wall switch.

Also bought a new porch light and installed controller and ir receiver within it. New light has a switch so it's easy to run one the ther r both lights.

It was a fun afternoon project.
__________________

__________________
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
twier
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.