Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #505

Brake job 1988 Coachman class A

I did a brake job, removed, cleaned and new seals in calipers. New brake pads and hoses. Boy those wheels are heavy. Did not turn rotors, they looked OK.
pappyralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #506

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by olevangaurd View Post
actually, if I would have saved my 8 track tapes, I would leave it in, I lost over 400 8 tracks in my garage fire last november. was a lot of great ole tunes.
Any tunes you need are on Spotify. Takes up less space than 400 eight tracks.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #507

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Tested the furnace today ... it's been way too hot up til today ...
Rub it in:>)
I dug a path through 13 inches of snow to get to the door. Now I'm resting until I have the energy to open the door:>)
Then I'll fire up the heater and take a nap....
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #508

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gotta luv those naps..
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
That looks good, but probably temporary. Give the Zep a try, either High Traffic or High Gloss will give you great results. Buy some and try the rear cap first. Wash it well with TSP, clean any streaks off with Comet or Bar Keepers Friend, and put on at least 5 good thin coats of Zep. It goes on alot faster than you may think, my wife and I would do a full side in about 15 minutes. Been on about 10 months looks new, most dirt rinses off with hose. Click pics for larger view, MH is a 96, was very dull before the ZEP.
NICE!
riverracerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeAndTam View Post
Well I just got my new to me 97 GeorgieBoy CruiseMaster. The first thing we did was load it up and go for a short jont for the weekend. Then comes the work, scrub the roof to prep for new sealant. As I could not find Bar keepers Friend I used Vim, not happy with those results I took to the years of experience here and had luck finding it. I haven't tried it yet but I am looking forward to it. I serviced the engine and gen set doing oil, filter, grease, fuel filters, and air filters. I had to take it in for an emission test, and the 460 with a banks set up passed easily. When I get home it'll be replace heater hoses and check upper rad hose. Flush the rad and fill with antifreeze. I have to replace the rear bushings and send it in for a trans flush. After checking the parking brake and changing the reared fluid I think I'll be ready for a short 2 or 3 hour trial run. Then I'll have a week or so to get ready for a trip from the Toronto area to Cape Breton NS . Does anyone have any other ideas that I should look at. The coach has been constantly used up until I bought it.
i installed a battery disconnect at the main battery since some appliances like new radios with bluetooth will sap the power when not in use. it starts on first turn on since I installed the cut off.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh2obury View Post
i installed a battery disconnect at the main battery since some appliances like new radios with bluetooth will sap the power when not in use. it starts on first turn on since I installed the cut off.
Yes they do !! ... parasitic weasels ...
Old 02-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #512

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh2obury View Post
Are you sure there were / are not existing battery disconnects in the coach. Frequently near the exit door, sometimes referred to as Salesman switches.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Are you sure there were / are not existing battery disconnects in the coach. Frequently near the exit door, sometimes referred to as Salesman switches.

Might not ... my 1997 Endeavor does not have salesman switches. good !!!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #514

Over the last couple of weeks I have re-rubbered my roof. I'll tell ya, over time these rubber roofs develop small pesky leaks that you can never fix with small touches, lap-seal, eternabond tape, whatever. At some point the roof's gotta have major work. I have found that with liquid rubber it needs a recover about every 4 years. In my personal experience I have found that the really expensive stuff from Camping World doesn't do well. What has worked better for me is regular old, white, EPDM liquid rubber and it's half the price. It's a messy but easy job. I can only imagine what kind of shape my RV would be in now if I didn't stay on top of these kinds of repairs. There are neglected RV's out where I store mine, many far newer, that have pretty much gone to seed. I wonder how this happens.?.
falconbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbro View Post
Over the last couple of weeks I have re-rubbered my roof. I'll tell ya, over time these rubber roofs develop small pesky leaks that you can never fix with small touches, lap-seal, eternabond tape, whatever. At some point the roof's gotta have major work. I have found that with liquid rubber it needs a recover about every 4 years. In my personal experience I have found that the really expensive stuff from Camping World doesn't do well. What has worked better for me is regular old, white, EPDM liquid rubber and it's half the price. It's a messy but easy job. I can only imagine what kind of shape my RV would be in now if I didn't stay on top of these kinds of repairs. There are neglected RV's out where I store mine, many far newer, that have pretty much gone to seed. I wonder how this happens.?.
I would venture to say those owners have never been on their roof ... same for their house ...
Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #516

Vintage RV Owners Club
what did I do to the ole RV today

I installed a Tweety Spare Tire cover on it, My wife collects Tweety things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1979 Vanguard Tweety cover.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	57146  
Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #517

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ken, was your unit built in Lethbridge? Our "C" class Diplomat which we named "Tinker" looked very much like yours and had the same trim, colour and length.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #518

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got the roof on Honey all scraped off of the old gunk on there and eternabond applied... next up is replacing the butyl tape on the leaking window... then maybe koolcoat the top, we'll see....