Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Does installing the muffin fans help out with refrigerators that were not installed with fans? I have an '75 Itasca that the cooling tubes show rust on them I was going to pull the refrigerator out and clean up the tubes if installing fans would help this old refrigerator work or work better I'll do it.
I have a rather sizable 12v CPU fan from I pulled from an old PC I will put in behind my fridge mounted to the vent on the side of the van to help it out. A simple power switch accessible from under the sink in the cabinet will allow me to turn it on and off at will.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It came up time to change the oil, I didn't want to, so,I traded it in on a 2006 Holiday Rambler.:l augh:
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #45

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post
Went into the shop to get a new Norcold- Double Door Referidgerator Freezer put in when i get it back i will lube front ck tires all fluids and get it ready for lake Havisu AZ on 24th . O yah we wont talk about the cost of Referidgerator
well got the DP back had to work this week so in the morning will replace the old batwing antenna that i tested to see how stable it was when going under an overpass at 65 mph well it didnt hold up flew off onto freeway no hole in roof thank god just launched the arms and antenna into oblivion so obviously had to get all new set up this time a booster antenna wife will be happy she can watch her sewing shows now.:facep alm: yah im a real winner- boy hope that gives everyone a laugh, free its on the house--: )
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Does installing the muffin fans help out with refrigerators that were not installed with fans? I have an '75 Itasca that the cooling tubes show rust on them I was going to pull the refrigerator out and clean up the tubes if installing fans would help this old refrigerator work or work better I'll do it.
I put 2 at the top of the chimney..wow what a difference. Then I got a clip on ebay fan for the inside and even better! <-- I have no idea why the font changed to italics!
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #47

Vintage RV Owners Club
Building a desk for the MH. Thats my Birthday present. Ordered new timing chain set, New flat screen tv. Moving the entertainment system to the curb side as when on the road i like my head up..not down. Updating this computer so i can put windows 7 in it. Also a flat screen monitor for it too. Working on wiring that the mice got into. New battery for the coach engine. Lots of work for me.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #48

Mid Atlantic Campers
New Lighting

Because we like to use state parks that do not have RV hookups, we changed all our interior incandescent lighting to LEDs and have the best lighting we have ever had and no longer will need to habe a portable generator for lighting. We are very pleased with the change. We have had solar cells on roof for over 18 years that have been very faithfull in recharging our batteries, but our lighting was always consuming too much battery power. We just used the new LED fixtures and installed them ourselves.
Although the change cost a few hundred dollars, it is worth the change for us and will extend our 26' Sunline Solaris TT for a few more years.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In the last month I've had both rear slide seals replaced and the front drive chain for the front hydraulic slide replaced. That was a job that I'm glad I had an expert do the work. I've got about 2/3 of the washing and waxing done. Will get the rest tomorrow so she'll be ready to leave on Monday. Downloaded new map updates to both of my Garmin 7200 GPS' (one for the MH, one for the PU). I still new to put on a new windshield wiper blade so SHE can see out of her side of the windshield in the rain. Also have to put a new jack on the right front. Mostly done, a little bit more to go.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #50

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3195935251.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	452.6 KB
ID:	26517
islecop92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #51

I added a new front plate. The kids live it. Haha
islecop92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
I put 2 at the top of the chimney..wow what a difference. Then I got a clip on ebay fan for the inside and even better! <-- I have no idea why the font changed to italics!
I have had mine suddenly change to italics too, what the???????????
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #53

I replaced an amber marker light and dropped off my RV to have the right side exhaust gasket fixed. We spent the last two weeks at the beach and are itching to go back.
falconbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #54

Installed my new custom made table stand.( got rid of the pedestal type). Changed some lights to LED. Started my solar project, installed 1- 120 panel. am going to make a frame to hold the panel,so i can tilt in direction of sun. Will add more panels next year. Added a 3000 watt inverter. Things on my list will be to make a built in electric fireplace and change out my 2 reclining chairs.
Campermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #55

Ran new fuel line from the tank to the generator. About 20' worth.
phatpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpony View Post
Ran new fuel line from the tank to the generator. About 20' worth.
Now that I fixed the electric steps I noticed there was a little play in the left side of the step when I stepped on it, pulled the carpet up to find that corner of the entry floor by the door was rotted out. Got a 2ft by 4ft piece of 3/4 plywood from HD and plan to remove the steps this weekend and replace the floor. It's always something.
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote