Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #631

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Pictures or it never happened.
I think I got them uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	62498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1342.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	62499  

Name:	IMG_1343.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	62500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1345.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	62501  

Name:	IMG_1347.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	62502   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1350_1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	62503  

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	62504  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #632

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Proof it happened.

Very very nice job BTW.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #633

Looks great!! I got my fresh water tank leak fixed not sure what was wrong with it. I took all the lines apart and made sure everything was clean of debris and tightened everything back up. Sometimes not asking questions is the best motto
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #634

Hard work pays off
Old 05-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #635

Big downpour of rain last night. No leaks. Nice and dry. Generator is working again... Guess it just needed new plugs. Cleaned her all out and now ready to go camping
Gank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #636

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I think I got them uploaded.
Did you install the two long screws in the two outer holes to keep the hubcaps from rotating?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #637

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Did you install the two long screws in the two outer holes to keep the hubcaps from rotating?
You know I think the previous owner cut them back. There is just enough to poke thru the whole. I think I might take the bolts off and replace with stainless , so there is something more to hold in place. I crank them down pretty tight and haven't have them move so far. I don't have any idea why he cut them back.
Tim
Added a coat of Rejex on the front cap last night. It really does what it clams it does.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #638

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred from Ga View Post
It's took me three days but the Romadam is totally washed, top to bottom, front to back and the wheels are done also. Let the waxing begin! Have done one side already along with the black plastic trim. Grill is totally cleaned and new wipers put on today also. Had to special order them from O'Rielly. Found out the rear A/C cover has a cracked place on top so will have to either patch it or get new one. Camping world has them for $108 but the Camping World nearest me doesn't have a good reputation so may have to look elsewhere. Hoping it runs as good as it looks next week.
Pictures Please...
Did you try PPL out of Houston Tx for your cover?
Tim

Yep they do but are more than CW depending on your type.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #639

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
You know I think the previous owner cut them back. There is just enough to poke thru the whole. I think I might take the bolts off and replace with stainless , so there is something more to hold in place. I crank them down pretty tight and haven't have them move so far. I don't have any idea why he cut them back.
Tim
Added a coat of Rejex on the front cap last night. It really does what it clams it does.
As someone who has installed dozens of these hubcaps, I can tell you that they can be a pain in the butt to line up. about a third of them had the bolts removed. It is better to have the brackets and bolts installed, to keep them from moving.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #640

Fleetwood Owners Club
Lost our main awning today in a strong thunderstorm while driving down the road. Does that count?

40-50+ mph wind caught us broadside and got up under the rolled up awning. I'm guessing it lifted it and then bounced it enough from the rear leg/bracket to break loose from the bottom bracket attached to the side of the MH. After that gravity took over and the rear of the awning was dragging and banging the side of the MH. Luckily we were only going about 25-30 mph. Pouring down rain, heavy traffic and just enough room to pull off to the shoulder. Guard rail on the right prevented me from exiting via the side-door. Had to open driver door when there was a lull in the traffic.

After that it was "simply a matter" of ripping the canvas all the way off the roof. Had to fight the wind and rain to get the remaining leg to come free of the side of the MH. Finally came loose and was able to completely remove the alum roll and leave what was left of the awning on the side of the road. Hated to do that but traffic was too heavy, visibility was poor and there was no way to muscle the remnants into the MH.

SO, guess I'll be shopping for a new awning this summer.

sigh
Old 05-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #641

Changed out the old 5 pin connector to the new 7 so I don't need an adapter. Crawled under and re connecter the wires to the brakes. They actually work now! Still have to replace a couple burned out marker lights and tail light. Got the bulbs just ran out of time yesterday.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #642
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Took our "New to Us" coach in for safety check to bring it in to Canada and have the mandatory DRL's done. A few other things are going to get the once over to ensure she's good to go.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #643

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill001 View Post
Lost our main awning today in a strong thunderstorm while driving down the road. Does that count?
I feel your pain - During our summer 2012 trip out west, we had wind & awning troubles twice - once on the causeway out to Antelope Island in Salt Lake, the fierce crosswind got up under the awning and somehow got it unrolled a bit - I climbed around tieing a rope around it until we could get to the Visitor Center and effect a more long-term fix - re-rolling it and then roping the awning in three places to keep it from unrolling. The problem was the old (probably original) tube had just lost all it's springiness or something, and the catch that moved back and forth for unrolling/rolling didn't hold well.

Then a few days later going across Kansas on I-70 the whole thing let go again...this time I climbed up on the roof with a carpet knife and cut the fabric off and last I saw it was flying across Kansas farmland at about 40 miles an hour...

At least both my adventures were in clear and dry, but windy weather. Can't imagine doing it in the rain on a busy road...

We did end up finding a replacement complete awning nearby on a 1993 MH that was being parted out, with new arms, tube, and fabric. When we replaced the old one, we mounted it correctly as well, so the rear BR window would open. It's green and white, which kind of clashes with the harvest brown of the Bounder, but for $20 I didn't quibble!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #644

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bummer I am glad no one got hurt. I have a Question?
My (Carefree) awing has a knob to tighten the support arms together, and a lever that needs to be pulled down and then a latch that holds it down to prevent it from opening.
Did yours have these features? I'm just wondering if I should buy a few straps to wrap around those arms? As A precaution.
Thanks Tim