Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
Now that I fixed the electric steps I noticed there was a little play in the left side of the step when I stepped on it, pulled the carpet up to find that corner of the entry floor by the door was rotted out. Got a 2ft by 4ft piece of 3/4 plywood from HD and plan to remove the steps this weekend and replace the floor. It's always something.
I hear ya and I can relate, LOL!
phatpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpony View Post
Ran new fuel line from the tank to the generator. About 20' worth.
This sounds complicated. On my RV the top of the tank isn't accessible without cutting a hole in the floor or dropping the tank.
falconbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbro View Post
This sounds complicated. On my RV the top of the tank isn't accessible without cutting a hole in the floor or dropping the tank.
I am "blessed" I guess, the fuel pickup tubes come out the front of the tank. I also have an external fuel pump for the engine .
Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #60

Quote:
I hear ya and I can relate, LOL!
Today I spent cutting up an old bedframe for the angle iron to make new battery holders to replace the old rusting ones in the RV
Then we removed the recently repaired steps so we could replace the rotting plywood floor they were attached to. Appaently sometime in the past there was a door seal leak which soaked the carpet and rotted that 2 sq ft entry area.
Also today the new spring kits from HWH for all my levelers arrived, guess the weekend is pre planned for me.
I cannot help but wonder what hidden surprises still lie in wait for me to find.
If I had it to do over I would have taken my own advice and had walked away when I saw evidence of water leaks and the fact that the PO could not show me anything was working because the propane tank was empy and so was the water tank and all the batteries were weak. Experiece is a great teacher .
Ps we recently found the refrigerator has an ammonia gas leak and when we put water in the water tank and pressurized the system we found we had some leaks and a tee fitting under the floor under the toilet broke apart.
SIGH, it's only money
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #61

Dang! Pretty soon you will have it ALL fixed, LOL.

Today we actually placed some of the permanent items into the coach. You know, silverware, bedding, plates, bowls etc. We did install some lining into the kitchen drawers too. 2 weeks until our maiden camping trip! Keeping it close to home just in case we need rescued, LOL.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
I've been workin' on the ol' girl all summer long. The last thing I bought (today) was a new kitchen faucet. One of those tall ones with a soap dispenser and a sprayer.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #63

Quote:
Dang! Pretty soon you will have it ALL fixed, LOL.

Today we actually placed some of the permanent items into the coach. You know, silverware, bedding, plates, bowls etc. We did install some lining into the kitchen drawers too. 2 weeks until our maiden camping trip! Keeping it close to home just in case we need rescued, LOL.
We feel the same way, our next and first trip will just be riding around in it for a couple hours to see if anything breaks, the last time we drove it around the block a few times and the last two feet of tailpipe right after the clamp fell off. My wife wants to spend a couple nights in it next to the house and pretend we drove it somewhere. She said the house will be Off Limits.
When it is finally ready we plan to take a trip down to Long Key state park for a weekend, that's about a 100 mile drive for us.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #64

Quote:
My wife wants to spend a couple nights in it next to the house and pretend we drove it somewhere..
That is actually a very good idea and I even told the wife that I want to do that a few days ago. No TV installed right now though...I have to have my TV, LOL
Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #65

I bought the same condition motor home. Everything was busted or rotted. My philosophy is, you only have to fix it once and you don't have payments! If it expires, you can walk away, sell it or fix it for a couple of grand. I'm replacing everything slowly. Now it's dry, doesn't smell like an old boat, I'm saving up for my new propane tank! Eventually I'll replace everything then start with the fancy stuff, if it deserves it! Work to date: New fiberglass roof, all new vents. New paint (primer) and aluminum diamond plate. All windows rebedded, new electric converter, battery, radio, isolation switch, New temporary upholstery, from pink-velour to canvas. New floor from pink shag to bamboo (left over from a job). Remade engine cover, Threw away the dinette (I'm single), adding a boat table. Haven't driven it anywhere, but it's passed the nap test! Starts, runs, turns around but I haven't filled it up yet, I'm Chicken!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1891.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	26977   Click image for larger version

Name:	white bus 3:4.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	26978  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2169.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	26979   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen concept.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	26980  

PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
Then I got a clip on ebay fan for the inside and even better! <-- I have no idea why the font changed to italics!
Don, you accidentally held down ctrl and hit I... that is the standard "hot key set" for italics Just like Bold is Ctrl and B... etc.

Now you know why.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I've been workin' on the ol' girl all summer long. The last thing I bought (today) was a new kitchen faucet. One of those tall ones with a soap dispenser and a sprayer.
Just a question.... do standard household kitchen faucets fit? Because I have a nice high one I never used in the old house.... it would be nice to have it in the Trailer.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #68

Quote:
Today I spent cutting up an old bedframe for the angle iron to make new battery holders to replace the old rusting ones in the RV
Then we removed the recently repaired steps so we could replace the rotting plywood floor they were attached to. Appaently sometime in the past there was a door seal leak which soaked the carpet and rotted that 2 sq ft entry area.
Also today the new spring kits from HWH for all my levelers arrived, guess the weekend is pre planned for me.
I cannot help but wonder what hidden surprises still lie in wait for me to find.
If I had it to do over I would have taken my own advice and had walked away when I saw evidence of water leaks and the fact that the PO could not show me anything was working because the propane tank was empy and so was the water tank and all the batteries were weak. Experiece is a great teacher .
Ps we recently found the refrigerator has an ammonia gas leak and when we put water in the water tank and pressurized the system we found we had some leaks and a tee fitting under the floor under the toilet broke apart.
SIGH, it's only money
jeeeez, we pulled up the rotted 3/4 plywood in the entryway and guess what? There was another piece of rotting 3/4 plywood under it. It looks like it was originally built that way
We replaced it all and caulked and I caulked it all so there is no chance of a leak from below. I have ground all the rust off the steps and painted them with hi gloss black rustolium . Gonna order some step carpet and reinstall the steps on monday after all the paint is good and dry. I had just enough left over 3/4 ply to do the job. when done the steps will look and perform as new.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #69

Bought a new in dash stereo today. Just need to install it, evidently the "Honey Do" list takes precedence. Maybe I'll sneak out tonight while DW is getting ready for bed, she will never miss me, LOL.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub

Just a question.... do standard household kitchen faucets fit?
Yes they do. A direct replacement in the kitchen and bathroom sink, which I did a few days eariler. Next week I'm going to pull the shower faucet for a good look. Me thinks I may have to get that one at CW.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote