Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #827

I did another Couch, AC and TV test yesterday.

Fell asleep on the Couch with the AC running and the TV showing McHales Navy reruns!

That "Darn Cat" Loves those Test Days!
She loves Naps on my chest during my working "Tests"

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #828

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
I did another Couch, AC and TV test yesterday.

Fell asleep on the Couch with the AC running and the TV showing McHales Navy reruns!

That "Darn Cat" Loves those Test Days!
She loves Naps on my chest during my working "Tests"
Do you have a written and approved "Test Procedure" to undertake these tests? Have you been certified to undertake theses tests without supervision? Do you have all of the safety apparatus required by state and federal law to performs such daring and dangerous tests without a certificate of testing sticker on the couch?

Do you provide classes on performing the tests so the rest of us can do it consistently and meet the test standards?

Thanks for your help!!

Old 09-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Do you have a written and approved "Test Procedure" to undertake these tests? Have you been certified to undertake theses tests without supervision? Do you have all of the safety apparatus required by state and federal law to performs such daring and dangerous tests without a certificate of testing sticker on the couch?

Do you provide classes on performing the tests so the rest of us can do it consistently and meet the test standards?

Thanks for your help!!
Yes! I am a "Certified Factory Product Safety Investigator"!

Oh, and I forgot to add, I'm also the OFFICIAL Freezer Performance Tester.
I maintain my "Refrigerator/Freezer Operational Certifications" and I make sure the Coach's Freezer keeps Ice Cream at the optimum frozen temperature. And as you know Ice Cream has to be taste tested to insure it's proper frozen consistency!

Personally, I go through about a Gallon a Month performing this test on my Unit!
(Tell your SO it's an Official Test Requirement!)

I will be happy to train you in these maintenance procedures and will certify that you are qualified to perform the "Safety Test Procedure Checklist" for a small fee!

Just be sure that prior to my arrival your AC has been operating for at least one hour, your couch is clean, and TV warmed up. I prefer Blue Bell Ice Cream in the Freezer for the "Official Test". I will bring all necessary tools (Bowls and spoons) and documentation (An Official "Certificate of Authenticity") to Certify your Coach meets Factory Performance Specs. (Please be aware that the Freezer Test Procedure will consume your Blue Bell Supply!)

Also, You may want the "Porcha Seal of Approval", if so let me know and I will be sure and bring my Cat for her participation and approval!

Please note, I do not consume alcohol while working, but feel free to stock your refrigerator with the beverage of your choice and I will use instruct you on the Proper Procedures of conducting the "Beverage Test" as part of your "Certification Training". I find that incorporating my Students in the "TEST Procedures" brings them up to speed to meeting the "Factory Product Safety Inspector" requirements quicker!

Wow! Bet you didn't know this was such a Complicated Federal Bureaucratic Procedure, but that's what you get with our current level of Government Involvement for your Consumer Safety!

I'm here to help!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #830

Not all in one day,but this season I have-replaced both sets of dual tires with new,replaced the dead Dometic fridge with a residential unit,replaced the aging stereo in the dash with new,fabricated and installed a new rear receiver hitch,cleaned and reconnected all battery connections for both batteries and the charging system,cleaned all of the curtains and windshield cover,checked and topped off all fluids,wiped on a fresh coat of zep floor finish,removed and cleaned all the screens,installed a new eye level led brake and turn light,cleaned the awning fabric,replaced the original Magic chef microwave with a new unit,replaced the old tv support rack in the read bedroom with one made to fit a flat screen,rebuilt the waterpump and did a complete sanitizing and flush of the water tank,serviced the water heater burner and installed some led tap lights in all the compartments.It's a 1989 Fleetwood Flair 26' with a Ford 460 on a E350 chassis.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamoot View Post
Not all in one day,but this season I have-replaced both sets of dual tires with new,replaced the dead Dometic fridge with a residential unit,replaced the aging stereo in the dash with new,fabricated and installed a new rear receiver hitch,cleaned and reconnected all battery connections for both batteries and the charging system,cleaned all of the curtains and windshield cover,checked and topped off all fluids,wiped on a fresh coat of zep floor finish,removed and cleaned all the screens,installed a new eye level led brake and turn light,cleaned the awning fabric,replaced the original Magic chef microwave with a new unit,replaced the old tv support rack in the read bedroom with one made to fit a flat screen,rebuilt the waterpump and did a complete sanitizing and flush of the water tank,serviced the water heater burner and installed some led tap lights in all the compartments.It's a 1989 Fleetwood Flair 26' with a Ford 460 on a E350 chassis.
I broke out in a sweat just reading your list

I've been painting the aluminum roof on our Endeavor. Have to be at the RV at sunrise, sweep the roof (it's been raining every night, then dry it with towels, then roll some roof coating until it's too hot to paint (10 am), then pack ... repeat the next day .... sigh.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #832

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Furnace Tester extraordinaire,
Wednesday Ac worked flawless 85 degrees and 80% humidity
Thursday Fans worked fine
Friday Night needed jeans and a sweatshirt At the car show
Early Saturday morning 5AM had to turn on Furnace on. Upper 40ies Brrrrr
Time to get road atlas out to plan trip too AZ
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #833

New start sw...

The OEM was crunching, sticking and getting a dead spot. Out with the old in with the new, $38 from Amazon.
New start sw and ign lock too!!

Easy replacement, just a few minutes using a drift and hammer to rotate the ring, a straightened paper clip to release the lock cylinder.
Vroooom!!
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #834

Started out with me and my BIL hooking up some PEX pipe and brass components to a clean water tank for easier draining procedures on a 1984 Fleetwood Prowler 19E. Then after he left, I started where I left off yesterday with jacking up trailer and removing a wheel to get to wheel bearings and repacking, along with repairing the electric brake servo, that PO had cut wires to make as freewheel(no trailer brakes), to make operational again. Then spray painted brake drums to make pretty. Tomorrow, I start on opposite side to make the brakes functional again and pretty them up. Also, need to get my Popup out of garage and clean it out of all camp gear and place it all in this trailer, then sell Popup.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #835

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Yes! I am a "Certified Factory Product Safety Investigator"!

Oh, and I forgot to add, I'm also the OFFICIAL Freezer Performance Tester.
I maintain my "Refrigerator/Freezer Operational Certifications" and I make sure the Coach's Freezer keeps Ice Cream at the optimum frozen temperature. And as you know Ice Cream has to be taste tested to insure it's proper frozen consistency!

Personally, I go through about a Gallon a Month performing this test on my Unit!
(Tell your SO it's an Official Test Requirement!)

I will be happy to train you in these maintenance procedures and will certify that you are qualified to perform the "Safety Test Procedure Checklist" for a small fee!

Just be sure that prior to my arrival your AC has been operating for at least one hour, your couch is clean, and TV warmed up. I prefer Blue Bell Ice Cream in the Freezer for the "Official Test". I will bring all necessary tools (Bowls and spoons) and documentation (An Official "Certificate of Authenticity") to Certify your Coach meets Factory Performance Specs. (Please be aware that the Freezer Test Procedure will consume your Blue Bell Supply!)

Also, You may want the "Porcha Seal of Approval", if so let me know and I will be sure and bring my Cat for her participation and approval!

Please note, I do not consume alcohol while working, but feel free to stock your refrigerator with the beverage of your choice and I will use instruct you on the Proper Procedures of conducting the "Beverage Test" as part of your "Certification Training". I find that incorporating my Students in the "TEST Procedures" brings them up to speed to meeting the "Factory Product Safety Inspector" requirements quicker!

Wow! Bet you didn't know this was such a Complicated Federal Bureaucratic Procedure, but that's what you get with our current level of Government Involvement for your Consumer Safety!

I'm here to help!
Well said Sir. I am humbled by your training offer. I was hoping to article and as such becoming your "testing" apprentice.

I shall prepare Obi Wan.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #836

Today I did something simple on my '84 Fleetwood 19E TT. I had a roll of white vinyl screw cover that is used in roof/wall edge trim. I removed the old(original 30yr old) sun blotched vinyl strips, cleaned out the channels and replaced with the new vinyl. Looked 100% better.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #837
bap

i done some mor pre paint prep work on our 68 aristocrate land commandor, sanding , tommarrow i hope to have her taped and painted...then under coat the frame ...getting closer to how we want it...we have a white and black with silver or red painted pinstrip seperating the 2 main colors scheme..i hope it turnes out the way we hav it visulalised in our heads or i see more sanding in the near future....but i trust my wifes color schemes,,,,she is really good at that...will post up some pic after even if were not happy with it...lol
Old 09-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #838

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Searched for the water heater, haven't found it.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #839

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Removed the bed on the drivers side and bound the 3 water lines that run above the fresh water tank to the rear faucets together and then added a foam tubing used to insulate water lines and then wire tied them together to help with the noise. So much quieter now. While we were in there we secured the tank better also. I would also like to mount the water pump now located under the Kitchen sink and re-mount it on some sort of a vibration eliminator pads so the pump is not so loud when running.
We noticed that the fresh water tank has a scum line. YUCK, we use a filter when filling. We use mostly the water from the S&B so not sure where that came from but I need to address this asap. I remember reading another poster gave a recipe to get rid of this using a solution of Bleach and then driving around for 30 minutes to an hour so it sloishes the solution around then dump and repeat as need be.
Can someone give me that measurement of bleach Please
Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #840

Fitted a Cyclone vent to the Black tank, what a hassle that was, muggins here didn't put 2 and 2 together before but the black vent is under a bar on the roof rack, so the cyclone has much less clearance, ended up cutting off a lot of the fins, drilling a hole in the top to remove the swivel and screwing the top bit directly to the pipe to the tank, it doesn't turn now but I don't intend to do much driving in reverse and if the wind catches it wrong well I'm out of luck.

Finally drilled a hole in the side to pass the wires from the 3G/4G antenna, just need to get the useless excuse for telcos we have here to register the SIMs.

Refitted the headlight surrounds after they were adjusted.

Replaced the city inlet, not sure I'll ever use it but it's done now.

Replaced the interior lights with LED bulbs from Hong Kong much "cleaner" and brighter.

And then put my rebreather in a new box, not RV related but I needed a break by then.

Today it's back to the testing centre to see if the rear brakes now work correctly!