I got an old 1988 Georgie Boy 34 footer that I love. No slides, but the inside is in great shape. I only use it for weekend and vacation trips. I plan to keep it for another 5 years. Then, conditions permitting, I plan to buy the next unit for fulltiming.
The RV has been sitting parked for 2 years now. I have just finished caulking the roof and around the windows. But, planning on lots of other work in the next 6 months.
Need to do the following:
- Replace 6 tires.
- Replace original NoCold with residential refrigerator.
- Replace original gas generator.
- Add some AGM batteries for the refrigerator
- Add an inverter for the refrigerator.
- Add some solar panels.
- Replace anything that is rubber in the engine compartment.
- Redo all brakes.
- Flush and replace all fluids.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Think about replacing the Alternator with a higher amperage or even a dual output unit. Although the new generator should be good enough to charge the batteries and provide juice for one AC while driving. Need to think about this some more.
I wonder what else others think I should think of checking or replacing for a gas motorhome that has been sitting idle for a while.
Then, the plan is to get on the road next summer on a long trip from TX to FL for 3 weeks.