Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #1023

2 new front Hercules tires. Both sides upper a-arm bushings. Alignment. Now $1000 poorer. Off to Mexico to kayak and drown my sorrows.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #1024

Winnebago Owners Club
We hung a 36" lighted wreath on the spare tire. Merry Christmas.

Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #1025

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Woke up in the old rv this morning ...left it while we spent most of the day shopping for seafood items for Christmas dinner ...hangin' with the g-kids now ...and will be back at the old rv later tonight for a nightcap and more sleep!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #1026

New starting battery. Looked like the old one was installed July 2003 based on the removed month/year dots.
Plus, the PO tied the starting and house batts together so he had more batt power and could charge them both with the gen. Starting batts don't last too long when discharged/charged repeatedly.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #1027

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Must be battery time, I lost the same one I just replaced last spring,
Replaced shocks, I believe that they are the originals.
10 days and a wake up...
Happy Holidays, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #1028

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Asked Father in-law if he would make me a new shelve/thingamajig that sits on the doghouse. I was hoping to get it by Christmas and sure enough he called last Wednesday and said it was done and to bring up the MH to install it.
Had a beautiful drive up to Northern Minnesota, 560 miles R/T We tried sleeping in the MH @ 20-25 above. Furnace worked great. Worked out fine no complaints. We also used a electric blankie. First Pic is the old unit,then just a few shots of scenery on the way up. The Pic with the hills are mounds of Class 2 Taconite. Beautiful Drive up. The last is of the new shelf for the doghouse. I will have to put my touches on the finish.
51 degrees when we got home. Got to wash the MH in the driveway she was a mess, wet/saltie/sandy roads all the way up and back but worth it.
Happy Holidays, Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	81194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1898.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	81204  

Name:	IMG_1896.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	81205   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1902.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	81206  

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	81208  
Old 12-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #1029

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spritz, Lookin good.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #1030

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yup, very nice job on that doghouse tray! Fun snow pics too!

Hanging on for the ride!
ukpajf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #1031

I put gas in it!
homeless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #1032

Very nice!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #1033

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I replaced the drum brakes with discs and changed the fluid.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
The new shelf for the doghouse. I will have to put my touches on the finish.
Happy Holidays, Tim
Say Tim, how much harder is it to get into the Drivers seat with that nice new shelf? Looks great!

Getting in and out of my Driver seat has always been a gymnastics exercise. I'm wondering if yours is making access harder for you.

Since I re powered mine FERD Fleetwood I find I have a lot more space above the engine than I need, so I'm thinking about cutting down the engine cover height so I can entering the Drivers seat and bit easier.
The Cover over the Fleetwood Ford Engine was tall! Now that it has a Cummins in it there not that big breather on top of the motor anymore.

Oh and 2 weeks ago I removed my old Coach's chassis battery ready to drop in the new one. But got to feeling poorly as soon as I set the old one on the floor, so I called it a day. That night I came down the FLU and have been down since. This years FLU bug is a bad one. I wonder if this has any relation to the Ebola Flu Virus that the others parts of the World are dealing with?

Ya'll, I'm a tough old bird and it takes a lot to get me down. And this last two weeks has been very unusually stressful. So if you even suspect that you are getting it, go see your Doctor now! Don't try to fight it without real Med's! It's just not worth it. And over the counter Med's are not going to cut it with this years Flu Virus. They'll just keep you alive and suffering longer, but not help you get better. You'll need strong antibiotics!

Early signs for me.
Started with loss of energy. You feel like your energy is suddenly just sapped. Next comes achy joins and a slight all over your body muscle soreness. Then a slight sore throat. And if you start running a low grade fever run to the DR. You're too late!

If you wait too long you'll be running 102+ fever, migraines you won't believe, Cold Sweats that just puddle in your mattress, Coughing and struggling just to breath. And forget laying down to sleep. You won't be able to breathe! I never threw up, but felt like I wanted to for 10 days. Your appetite will drop to nothing. I ate a piece of toast or half a cup of oatmeal every 2 days! I've lost 7 lbs in the first 6 days. You will have to force yourself to drink water as often as you can to stave off dehydration.

Did I mention you'll be coughing so much you won't be able to sleep even if you try! Not to mention coughing until you can't talk.

And forget just sitting in your favorite chair surfing the NET. You won't feel like it. All you'll want to do is lay down and sleep but can't.

This years FLU is real bad guys. The Flu Shot I got in early November was ineffective.

Take care of yourself quick! 2 Weeks is a lot of down time.
Especially when your balled up on your bed coughing and hurting all over every time you do. (Hint: It's easier to clear your throat by coughing if you are on your hands and knees like a dog. Oh and you'll be coughing so hard you might find yourself pissing in you shorts)
(Yea, it's that ugly!)

And if you wait too long you'll end up with pnemonia and won't have the strength left to fight that additional nightmare off. Pnemonia can kill you at this point real easy!

I still have no voice, but the coughing has subsided mostly. Still not sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time. UP peeing all night from all the water and Gatorade! The achy feelings and fever have left, but I get cold easy! Still no energy! Food has no taste but I'm eating again.

Don't Fight this one alone on your own. And when you go to the Dr. Office don't be shocked by all the people sitting in the waiting room wearing mask. It'll feel weird at first but no one will be laughing at you. They don't want it either!

Take care of yourselves!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #1035

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boy you got it bad.
I had the same last 2 years end with Pneumonia Yes not fun caughed so hard I thought I was going to shoot one of my stents out my chest. Have you thought about getting one of those new steamers advertised on the tube I plan on getting one before we leave for AZ
It really isn't that much harder the seats swivel and I have the seats adjusted all the way back. Its still easier that trying to climb up the drivers door
Besides I love that new shelf and the big cup holders, we have a soda machine and those bottles fit in there also.
Hope you get better soon,
Happy Holidays, Tim
Old 12-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Boy you got it bad.
I had the same last 2 years end with Pneumonia Yes not fun caughed so hard I thought I was going to shoot one of my stents out my chest. Have you thought about getting one of those new steamers advertised on the tube I plan on getting one before we leave for AZ
It really isn't that much harder the seats swivel and I have the seats adjusted all the way back. Its still easier that trying to climb up the drivers door
Besides I love that new shelf and the big cup holders, we have a soda machine and those bottles fit in there also.
Hope you get better soon,
Happy Holidays, Tim
Didn't add that for putting in water vapor in my bedroom this time I just filled up the crock pot and turned it on with the lid cocked.

Been spending today surfing for remodeling plans. Thinking of ditching the sleeper couch and installing two swivel recliners there. Then dumping that puny recliner that came in the bus and building a big cabinet for a pop up TV and electric fireplace in the front to put against that wall. Should give us more room since we don't have a slide out.

Probably ditch the booth seating dining and go to folding chairs and an expandable pedestal table. We always travel just the two of us so no need for a lot of seating we don't ever need.
Feeling better but the meds have me jacked up so I can't sleep. Sleep is over rated I guess.

Only had a total of about 10 hours combined this last 2 weeks! Sheese!

I always felt like a truck driver using the drivers door. Always made me giggle when I did it.
Felt like it made me look like a WANNA BE TRUCKER !

Happy Holidays to you too Tim.