Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #1163

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dropped in 2 Trojan T105 bateries to replace the group 72 battery the PO had as a house battery. A battery sales place in Statham GA had the batteries for $95 ea.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
WOW really looks nice... We have the same TV antenna we added the HD antenna too works great.
Tim
Thanks, the bus been in the family since new (my parents ordered her in 1996 and were ecstatic when they took delivery in January 1997, so we try to keep up on the maintenance.

Mike

Old 02-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #1165

Took my radiator to the shop to check it out as I could see about half of the tubes were closed up thru the lower inlet tube. Didn't leak before but considering the effort to get it out was going to get it rodded out and cleaned up. The guy at the shop convinced me to get it recored as the fins on the bottom were flaking off between the tubes on the lower half of the unit, hell it's original from 1988 so I guess not worrying about it on the road is worth the $575 ! I would not enjoy doing it on the road or can't imagine what it would cost out of town with NY plates, LOL! Have already eliminated the Dual AIR system. Am working on all new fuel/water pump, belts, hoses , PS lines and tubes , Master Cylinder and anything else I can see will be a PITA in the future. Also debating fabricating a new aluminum shroud with dual puller electric fans for room to work on it without beating myself up! Have relocated the hydraulic pump for the leveling sustem to the empty bay over the left front leveling jack. Now I can slip under the front and stand up, well almost in front of the radiator. Not going to bother with the A/C till we get back from Florida next month, hopefully it will be a smooth "Maiden Voyage" ? I guess we did OK with her, with all the parts and paying $2000 in December for her we are going to be all in at just under $5000 with full coverage insurance, plates and everything working except the dash air. I think it was the right move, we looked at a 2001 36' Winnie 2 blocks over, but it was too big for my SO and was leery as it was in the Sandy Debacle up here and hasn't moved for 3 years also $18000 more than we are into this one , bet that one we be a much more expensive project if that salt water got in the drivetrain and has sat in there all this time! Oh well , wish me luck! And could someone guide me on how to post pics on here? Thanx, Bobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150104_124023.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	85685   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130626_171012.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	85686  

Attached Images

Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #1166

As soon as I can get out in the driveway, I'm going to drag out a old tuflow air compressor with brackets that has been lanquishing in my garage and try to figure out how to mount it on the engine , hell I think it came off a big block chevy! It would be cool to have an onboard air system for my impact wrench, tires oh yeah and for the nice pair of 30" chrome air horns I took off one of my tractor-trailers 20 some years ago! Oh a new repurpose, I knew i'd use them "One Day"!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:52 PM   #1167

FGM, are you gonna have aux air tanks somewhere that fill from the main air compressor, as air impact tools really need 90psi to operate properly. Most air horns of the trucker kind also need aux tanks to hold pressure.

I use a Harbor Freight 12v torque wrench kit. I believe it's rated for up to 150 ft lbs torque. So it says. Has worked for me the couple times I needed it around the farm. Definitely slower than a good air torque wrench, but it also doesn't require an air tank to also tote around. Just a good strong battery and a direct line socket that has continuous power(not socket that shuts off when key is off).
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:27 AM   #1168

front roof air conditioner

Rented a genie lift and pulled down my manual dometic ac and replaced it with a digital controlled dometic ac. Next task is still to work on replacing the kwikee step
Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 AM   #1169

We finally had nice enough weather last weekend to get her in and have the rear tires replaced. She rides so much better with new shoes that are balanced. Used 8oz of dynabeads for each tire, no more nasty vibration.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #1170

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoEagle10 View Post
FGM, are you gonna have aux air tanks somewhere that fill from the main air compressor, as air impact tools really need 90psi to operate properly. Most air horns of the trucker kind also need aux tanks to hold pressure.

I use a Harbor Freight 12v torque wrench kit. I believe it's rated for up to 150 ft lbs torque. So it says. Has worked for me the couple times I needed it around the farm. Definitely slower than a good air torque wrench, but it also doesn't require an air tank to also tote around. Just a good strong battery and a direct line socket that has continuous power(not socket that shuts off when key is off).
Yes I will have auxillary tanks and a air drier, I like the idea of the belt driven truck compressor as it will put out approx 10-12 cfm @120 psi and only runs when the governor kicks it in. Finding a place to mount it will be the challenge as it needs water lines , pressurized oil line and drain back to oil pan. We shall see!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #1171

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unfortunately nothing, got freezing rain and then and still snowing.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #1172

Quote:
Unfortunately nothing, got freezing rain and then and still snowing.
I am sooooo sorry 83 here today.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #1173

Unfortunately nothing. I thought I'd be installing new AC shrouds today. However, when they arrived today one was damaged so I spent the time contacting the seller.

One arrived in a beat up factory box and it was fine.

The other came in a huge undamaged box.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps9d29b5fb.jpg

..and its damaged!

Old 02-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #1174

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OMAN What a bummer, so sorry, I hate that.

Going on a over niter up North in a few hours. Just can stand it any more, she's just sitting in the Driveway, tanks full, just waiting...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #1175

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
OMAN What a bummer, so sorry, I hate that.

Going on a over niter up North in a few hours. Just can stand it any more, she's just sitting in the Driveway, tanks full, just waiting...
Tim
I thought you lot were suffering through another snow storm in the Twin Cities?
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #1176

ripping roof off

Wish I was pulling out for the weekend. Started the reroof process on my 93 Navigator 38.