Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #1219

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Wow your really doing it right...We really haven't done much too ours,the PO had a stock pile of parts under the couch, Fuel Pump,Fuel Filters, belts, hoses, Headlights.
I know all about salt being in Minn. I too have seen these Drivers sitting at a stop light while the salt is piling up.
The HWY dept is using a liquid that they put down before the snow hit's. I'm not sure what that is going to do to our Vehicles.
The Original owner never drove it in any salt so my undercarriage is really clean. When I had the exhaust worked on they replaced from the mufflers back with Stainless, I wanted the end pipes too come out behind the rear wheels instead of in front of them. From the Mufflers forward is still original.
I bet you'll make it down there and back problem free.
Will you be able to keep up on the Forums while down there?
Good Luck and I will keep my fingers crossed...
Best Wishes,
Tim
Tim,

Why the relocation to the back end? My banks system exits the coach just in front of the drivers door and I thought that long enough. Wouldn't excessive back flow cause problems? Just curious.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 11:49 PM   #1220

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Wow your really doing it right...We really haven't done much too ours,the PO had a stock pile of parts under the couch, Fuel Pump,Fuel Filters, belts, hoses, Headlights.
I know all about salt being in Minn. I too have seen these Drivers sitting at a stop light while the salt is piling up.
The HWY dept is using a liquid that they put down before the snow hit's. I'm not sure what that is going to do to our Vehicles.
The Original owner never drove it in any salt so my undercarriage is really clean. When I had the exhaust worked on they replaced from the mufflers back with Stainless, I wanted the end pipes too come out behind the rear wheels instead of in front of them. From the Mufflers forward is still original.
I bet you'll make it down there and back problem free.
Will you be able to keep up on the Forums while down there?
Good Luck and I will keep my fingers crossed...
Best Wishes,
Tim
Yes I will take my laptop with me. Well went under the damn thing to hook up the rest of the Emergency brake cables, as I had to get the parts from 2 different places. Seems when I drove it home from my friends shop, I had the left rear new cable in and somehow must have driven over it and stretched the hell out of it, it is now 5" too long!! Oh well just have to pull the wheel again to get it right. All is good though as I checked the u-joints while I was under it, the rear one is dry as a bone, and the pinion seall is leaking so I'll just delay the trip a day or so and feel better about it. Then I came inside as it started snowing again! Tommorrow is supposed to be in the forties so mabe i'll get both rear cables in and the seal ? I don't mind the cold too much but hate getting wet, WaterCold and grease is no fun! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #1221

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yeah Tim , I will be bringing my laptop. Went under her to finish up the e-Brake cables, as I had to source them from 2 different places, seems the left rear one slipped out and I ran over it driving home from my friends shop! It is now about 5" too long, so off comes the wheel again to replace it. Oh well it's ok, I checked the u-joints and the rear one is dry as the desert and the pinion seal is leaking so I will change them too before we go. Wouldn't be fun to have that driveshaft let go and come through the floor and hit one of us or one of our 3 dogs, that might ruin my day! I had the one steel line made up for the return and had already relaced the pressure line with a Gates hose, but I like the steel lines better, much better routing not to get in the way. There is a place upstate in NY that makes all kinds of car lines out of stainless, I'm going to send them the patterns and see if they will make them up for me, cost me $40 for the lousy return line and they had to jury rig it with an adapter, not a fan! If I can get them made , I bet any of the people on here and Classic Winnebago would go for them as they sure would never need to do them again. I would think any P30 chassis with Hydroboost is the same! The driver tire spit all the road crap right there on the steering box and those lines so they rust out! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg369 View Post
Good afternoon. Due to the fact that it's WAY too cold for any outdoors activities, I cranked up the fleetwood and got it nice and toasty inside. I was determined to do SOMETHING in the motorhome today. So I put up some decrative mood lighting. Radio Shack is closing over half it's stores in the Philadelphia area so I picked up some led lighting.
I like the LED mood lighting. Mine has a strip built into each of the three large window valences.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Tim,

Why the relocation to the back end? My banks system exits the coach just in front of the drivers door and I thought that long enough. Wouldn't excessive back flow cause problems? Just curious.
There is really no increase in back pressure from extending the post-muffler length from in front of the rear wheels to behind. Unless you have a max-effort engine build you're trying to extract every 1/10hp from. At these power levels and efficiencies it's a moot point.

I would think having the exhaust exit in front of the driver's door would be sooo annoying. I love the exhaust note of my Tahoe (fairly loud cat-back system) and '64 Falcon ragtop (stoutly built SB), but for hours on end .... would get really annoying.
So your exhaust exit is in front of the front tire? At least mine would be if it were in front of the driver's door. My Banks system exits just in front of the rear tire.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #1224

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Boy you guys are really going to town. My exhaust was only extended by the withe of the wheels then run out of the side just behind the wheels. To bad we don't have sound on the computer or I would give you a listen to her!!!! Gives it a nice rumble going down the HWY. Not as bad as on my 64 I have almost 5 feet of straight pipe out the rear on her and she is just plain old, Sounds nice @ about 70 she just rumbles, and with the top down you can barely hear her. I can't wait to turn her key...
Keep up the good work, it gives me something to read...
Thanks,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #1225

429CV23. Thanks. I plan on replacing the valence lighting with LEDs that are hidden underneath. I will do this when I replace those horrible shades with curtains
roaddogg369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:17 AM   #1226

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
There is really no increase in back pressure from extending the post-muffler length from in front of the rear wheels to behind. Unless you have a max-effort engine build you're trying to extract every 1/10hp from. At these power levels and efficiencies it's a moot point.

I would think having the exhaust exit in front of the driver's door would be sooo annoying. I love the exhaust note of my Tahoe (fairly loud cat-back system) and '64 Falcon ragtop (stoutly built SB), but for hours on end .... would get really annoying.
So your exhaust exit is in front of the front tire? At least mine would be if it were in front of the driver's door. My Banks system exits just in front of the rear tire.
Sorry my post should have read, "my banks system exits the unit just in front of the rear tire on the drivers side of the motor home." my laptop is glitchey and sometimes cuts part of my posts out.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #1227

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I replaced mine (front drapes) and still don't like them so yesterday while out in the MH I decided I am going to try Blinds installed just in front of the bed frame so they should drop just between the steering wheel and the dash. Not sure yet on the side windows in-front.
That's a drag about your break line. I remember when I had the breaks done on my 99 deville they told me that they didn't fix the emergency break because that is a different job. HUH, its breaks isn't it? I still can't get over that and it was a few years ago.
IamjerryP, Thanks for the explanation of what they are putting down I didn't know. If it makes it so less salt is used maybe our cars will last more that a few years...
Thanks
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #1228
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Good afternoon. Due to the fact that it's WAY too cold for any outdoors activities, I cranked up the fleetwood and got it nice and toasty inside. I was determined to do SOMETHING in the motorhome today. So I put up some decrative mood lighting. Radio Shack is closing over half it's stores in the Philadelphia area so I picked up some led lighting.
Are those a battery operated strip light?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #1229

Did a couple things today.

Installed two 20 amp circuits for winter heat!

They are separate circuits and each one is on a different leg so the load total coach load should remain balanced.

12 -2 from panel to the outlet

Used a deep box for ease of wiring

Used a true 20 amp outlet IOT to have reserve capacity (my heaters pull a make of 12.5 amps)

jumper is removed so independent circuits

aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #1230

Had trouble with the awning last week the latch would not release. Ordered a replacement and the install was stupid simple

Drilled out the old rivets,

and R/R the latch popped in new rivets. DONE!

aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #1231

dogpatch...yes they are battery operated strips. They have built in timers. The ones over the valences came from a couple Christmas wreaths. ..lol. and I have more from Home Depot that run on 2 AA batteries with built in timers. They give the area a really nice soft glow
roaddogg369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #1232
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
dogpatch...yes they are battery operated strips. They have built in timers. The ones over the valences came from a couple Christmas wreaths. ..lol. and I have more from Home Depot that run on 2 AA batteries with built in timers. They give the area a really nice soft glow
You wouldn't happen to know make and model number would you?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote

« Goooodmorning!!! | - »