Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #113

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmy777 View Post
Nice!
Thanks, still a few little odds and ends to do but she is looking pretty good inside and out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	015 (640x360) (2).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	27854  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #114

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Yesterday I put rubber mats down in the basements. I had the material and was about to throw it in the yard sale pile when I snapped to how much easier it would make cleaning over the old carpet that was there.

jmugsshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #115

I installed a 22 inch digital flat screen TV in our '88 Winnie, to replace the old 13 inch analog CRT type it came with, also installed a DVD player and better outboard speakers. And, dropped down the 4KW Onan genset for servicing, and did some service and coax replacement to the rooftop TV antenna - all now works better than new!

Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #116

1990 Pace Arrow

I don't know if your talking about inside or out. But I took my booth and couch out and took up a section of the carpet where the booth was and put underlay down to bring the height up to carpet level and added a rubber divider strip. Put in a smaller table with a leaf and two matching swivel rocker chairs that bolt to the floor. In the living room area I put two register covers in place of the heat duck work and added two recliners.. Also took out the small TV and put plywood over the whole and hung a 22" TV and added radio shack inverter to carry it...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #117

I got one of them Mr. Buddy heaters as I am the kind of guy who likes it warm I keep my house at about 78 degrees I live in Wisconsin. I have health problems and is why I am cold. any way, I did get the big buddy heater and I Had a 20 pound tank so I also got the 12 foot hose for the heater. It really I mean really works great. My furnace works fine but I read the MR Buddy is a good choice. Now I am looking for some good ideals where to install the propane tank and the heater. I plan to hard wire the fan power on it. It was 40 degrees last night and I had the heater on Medium setting and that was more then enough heat. but there was no wind and of course I have vents open some and window cracked open for oxygen. Should I mount it or not so I can move it when I want? Just in the planing stage for that. going out to the Motorhome and turning the heat on and having my coffee this morning.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #118

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecmusic View Post
Now I am looking for some good ideals where to install the propane tank and the heater. I plan to hard wire the fan power on it. Should I mount it or not so I can move it when I want? Just in the planing stage for that. going out to the Motorhome and turning the heat on and having my coffee this morning.
If it were me, I would look into tying into the existing propane line in front of the regular. You could extend the line to a location of your choice. Then install a shut off valve and the proper fitting for the heater. If you are concerned about enough propane storage and still want to carry an extra tank, get one of these:

Extend A Stay Propane Adapter Kit on Sale

Or, you could get the Deluxe model and route the 12' high pressure hose inside the coach and hook the heater right to that. Eliminates having the bottle inside and you can carry 4 extra gals of propane.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #119

Vintage RV Owners Club
I finished off my low budget temporary shelters (one on each side of the cab). My workshop door was too small for the camper to fit through, so a bit of improvisation was needed... I have the camper nudged right up against one of the roll up doors and the shelters built to keep wind and weather off me while I tear down and restore the cab over the coming months. I still have the warmth and light of the workshop while having full access to the cab. 800g fire retardant polythene sheeting stretched over 2" x 2" timber frames. Complete with ample ventilation to prevent condensation...
I'm happy with the set up. It works for me! :-)

Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #120

Changed the coach battery holder

We fabricated and installed a new angle iron battery holder for the two house batteries. The old one was in such bad shape I was afraid that a battery might just fall out on the road, and the batteries are up front right in front of the front wheel. Made the frame from an old bed frame and that bed frame steel is super hard and almost impossible to cut.

The pictures show the old rusted frame we cut out and I forgot to take a picture of the new frame before we welded it in place, but they do show the almost final install. I still have to sort out all the loose wires and secure them. Thats a job for another day
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV Battery box 001.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	28172   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Battery box 002.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	28173  

Name:	RV Battery box 003.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	28174   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Battery box 004.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	28175  

Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #121

Wow I just did mine they were not that bad I used angle iron on the old bed frame last week I cut one up mounted on the frame below battery's and added 2 31 series deep cycles to help my 2 24's
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
Wow I just did mine they were not that bad I used angle iron on the old bed frame last week I cut one up mounted on the frame below battery's and added 2 31 series deep cycles to help my 2 24's
Do I understand correctly that you now have four coach batteries? if so that's a lot of weight to add. I recently went from a 24 chassis battery to a 27 with almost twice the CCA.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #123

4 for the coach one starting
Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
4 for the coach one starting
That's a lot of batteries, did you figure out how much weight you have, just in batteries
Old 10-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #125

My guess is 300 plus the 2 31 series are trogens those were a trick to get down to the frame
Old 10-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #126

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I think solar panels would have been a better investment rather than adding that much weight.

jmugsshow is offline   Reply With Quote