Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #1261

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boy FastGlassMan,
It sounds terrible.
Are you going to have to do a break job?
Is there a way to fill up the tanks and run thru? If you get down there and there are leaks you'll be stuck in a situation and you won't be home to fix.
I would pick a day where its going to be a little warmer (upper 20ties) and go for it. I blow my lines out thru the City Water hook up. That's what I would do.
Good Luck (which you haven't had) fixing everything.
Enjoying your Post's
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Boy FastGlassMan,
It sounds terrible.
Are you going to have to do a break job?
Is there a way to fill up the tanks and run thru? If you get down there and there are leaks you'll be stuck in a situation and you won't be home to fix.
I would pick a day where its going to be a little warmer (upper 20ties) and go for it. I blow my lines out thru the City Water hook up. That's what I would do.
Good Luck (which you haven't had) fixing everything.
Enjoying your Post's
Tim
Oh not so bad today Tim, got the new adjusters in , they came with a kit so I put in the new e-brake levers and springs. Was warmer today and I had the big old 275000 btu heater cranked at the rear of the MH to melt out whatever was in there. Tommorrow is supposed to be warmer, will hook up the piping and fill everything and hope for the best! New Left rear e-brake cable will be in by 10:30 am. Does anyone think it would be useful to put a few pounds of air in the system to check for leaks before I drain it down? Wheels and hubs back on and double check and should be good to go! Called EZPass today to find out what the deall is with the MH, they are ridiculous! I have to go to one of their service centers and pick up the pass ,can't use one of the 3 we already have, and one more is not good enough. They said I need 2 of them for the MH, one for just the MH and another one if I tow my pickup! So I have to play musical passes with 3 different ones and make sure the ones I don't need at a given time are in their silver bags, jeez now we'll have five of them , feel like a fleet operator! Bobby

Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #1263

After a terrible experience with Good Sam yesterday (2 hours to dispatch a tow), I switched to Coachnet. We will see.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #1264

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
O M G, What else, Are you kidding. I would think that a toad is hooked too a MH it would be classified as one unit So somebody towing a boat,trailer, has to have 2 also? Can I ask how much these Pass's are? Is it a one time deal?
Really makes you Wonder
I bet you will be happy to get on the road.
Good Luck,
Tim
Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #1265

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
After a terrible experience with Good Sam yesterday (2 hours to dispatch a tow), I switched to Coachnet. We will see.
When we needed a tow we had to wait over 2 hours for the Tow. It was coming from 100 miles away. Then tow us 70 miles further away from his Home location. The guy brought his wife and her car on the tow, Joe and one dog in the tow truck, me and the other dog in the car with his wife and off we went.
I have no complaints
The only thing I hated was sitting on the side of a 2 lane Hwy @ 11:00 PM and no shoulder
Although I had Good Sam I used my insurance Company's Road Side Service,
$36.00 Premium. I dropped Good Sam's.
Tim
Old 03-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #1266

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
Only 2 hours??? Our experience with them on 3 different tows was 4 hours, one of them sitting on the side of a very busy freeway on the outskirts of Omaha, NB. We also have moved to Coach Net, and as you say, we will see.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #1267

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Oh not so bad today Tim, got the new adjusters in , they came with a kit so I put in the new e-brake levers and springs. Was warmer today and I had the big old 275000 btu heater cranked at the rear of the MH to melt out whatever was in there. Tommorrow is supposed to be warmer, will hook up the piping and fill everything and hope for the best! New Left rear e-brake cable will be in by 10:30 am. Does anyone think it would be useful to put a few pounds of air in the system to check for leaks before I drain it down? Wheels and hubs back on and double check and should be good to go! Called EZPass today to find out what the deall is with the MH, they are ridiculous! I have to go to one of their service centers and pick up the pass ,can't use one of the 3 we already have, and one more is not good enough. They said I need 2 of them for the MH, one for just the MH and another one if I tow my pickup! So I have to play musical passes with 3 different ones and make sure the ones I don't need at a given time are in their silver bags, jeez now we'll have five of them , feel like a fleet operator! Bobby
We always put air on a coach that was in for freeze damage. Just make sure you use a pressure regulator to keep the pressure at 50 psi. If you don't already have one, buy one of the $10.00 water pressure regulators from Wal Mart
Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpere View Post
Only 2 hours??? Our experience with them on 3 different tows was 4 hours, one of them sitting on the side of a very busy freeway on the outskirts of Omaha, NB. We also have moved to Coach Net, and as you say, we will see.
2 hours was before they contacted a tow company. He was there in under 30 min. He had to call me because the location was not correct. I was on interstate 10 south of Phx. The 2 people on the phone from GS said I was not where I described, that there was no interstate 10 in AZ. I had 2 previous tows with GS and they both went very well. I have not had to use them for my MH, these were for my POS cars.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #1269

Fleetwood Owners Club
3/2/15 Washed the roof with a Power washer and sealed both end caps seams with etherbond.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #1270

EZPass

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
O M G, What else, Are you kidding. I would think that a toad is hooked too a MH it would be classified as one unit So somebody towing a boat,trailer, has to have 2 also? Can I ask how much these Pass's are? Is it a one time deal?
Really makes you Wonder
I bet you will be happy to get on the road.
Good Luck,
Tim
They Don't charge for them, have to give them a credit card or bank account to draw on. They guesstimate what your usage will be and take it out when it goes below that amount in the account. It is totally ridiculous " government at work" BS, as the tags are registered to your name and account and their scanner knows how many axles you have so why do you need all those things to keep track of???????? Oh and don't forget to take the ones off that you are not supposed to be using and keep them in the shielded bag or they will double/triple charge you and they will never give a refund. Government at it's best , take something that is supposed to be easier and more efficient and turn it into another problem! Bobby
Old 03-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #1271

Yeah GA Traveler, I figured air would work as well or better than water in this weather! Thanx, Bobby
Old 03-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #1272

Most of those toll roads are private companies, profiting off publicly owned and constructed roadways. More privatization. It should be free.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #1273

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm just besides myself what a joke. Whatcha got going today?

I had one of my Locks on the engine cover Break. So I ordered 4 New Cam Locks and Will replace all 4. They couldn't re-key the Original ones.

"If you don't already have one, buy one of the $10.00 water pressure regulators from Wal Mart "

$10.00 bucks??? I paid $52.95 for mine
Tim
Old 03-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #1274

New CURT SD hitch installed, complete with brake controller. Why on earth more wires were added, when there is an existing loom already in place. extra time spent ripping out wires.... SMH

RHINOPOWER1 is offline   Reply With Quote