Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2015, 08:05 AM   #1289

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
aboatguy,
I have the same type Tv Antenna but mine has a cradle on the roof that the mast sits on, I don't see it on yours. Doesn't it rattle?
We bought a Square Antenna that attaches to the window by suction cups and we get around 30 more channels from it. Its one of those "as seen on TV" but it works.
I bought and installed a Fuse-able link that is for my Rear Heater and it works again...
Installing the 4 new cam locks today on the engine covers.
Vacuumed the MH.
I putts all afternoon yesterday. Furnace came on once and the little electric heater didn't run much. I just opened the curtains on the S.Side and the Sun warmed her up quickly.
Watched a little TV and made a bunch of smokes.
Next big project is getting the P-Trap for the shower hooked Back up so we can use it. Hasn't been hooked up for years. It was that way when we bought her and didn't know about it for 4 years. I really don't think it was ever used, there isn't a mark on the enclosure. Glad I never had to take a shower in that time. What a mess that would have been.
I will have to re-install it blindly, I can just get my arm in the access cut outs and that blocks my View.
The Picture that show's it hooked up is just the P-Trap hooked up but not permanent, ran out of time/weather last season, so will have to glue it but have to wait till its a little warmer out.
Have a Safe trip to those on the Road,
Tim
For those that like Pictures or "No Pic Didn't Happen"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1872.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	88011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1873.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	88012  

Name:	IMG_1874.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	88013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1877.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	88014  

Name:	IMG_1881.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	88015  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
aboatguy,
I have the same type Tv Antenna but mine has a cradle on the roof that the mast sits on, I don't see it on yours. Doesn't it rattle?

We bought a Square Antenna that attaches to the window by suction cups and we get around 30 more channels from it. Its one of those "as seen on TV" but it works.
I bought and installed a Fuse-able link that is for my Rear Heater and it works again...
Installing the 4 new cam locks today on the engine covers.
Vacuumed the MH.
I putts all afternoon yesterday. Furnace came on once and the little electric heater didn't run much. I just opened the curtains on the S.Side and the Sun warmed her up quickly.
Watched a little TV and made a bunch of smokes.
Next big project is getting the P-Trap for the shower hooked Back up so we can use it. Hasn't been hooked up for years. It was that way when we bought her and didn't know about it for 4 years. I really don't think it was ever used, there isn't a mark on the enclosure. Glad I never had to take a shower in that time. What a mess that would have been.
I will have to re-install it blindly, I can just get my arm in the access cut outs and that blocks my View.
The Picture that show's it hooked up is just the P-Trap hooked up but not permanent, ran out of time/weather last season, so will have to glue it but have to wait till its a little warmer out.
Have a Safe trip to those on the Road,
Tim
For those that like Pictures or "No Pic Didn't Happen"
Never noticed a rattle when it was down the antennae sat on its 4 rubber feet. Now is will sit on new rubber feet under the wingman.
aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #1291

Removed the range hood because it wasn't ducted to the outside anyway, and I'm 6'-6" and need the visibility to see what I'm cooking. It was in the way.

Fished wires to run a slave LED light tied into my over-sink light switch.

No light over the center of my living quarters, so I fished another pair of wires to feed one. Need a junkyard light to match the others and install eBay LEDs in it.

I had previously tied my passenger side 110V receptacles into my invertor, but the kids had to set the DVD on the overhead bunk. I moved the over-dinette receptacle into the cabinet and am adding a grommet so only the video signal and TV power cables have to show. Also adding headphone jacks and charger ports for the kids.

Previous owner added a giant residential microwave. It was too big for my EU2000i to run. I replaced it with a smaller 800W unit and moved shelves to take advantage of the larger space. Also adding more shelving inside the over-sink cabinet.

Got on the roof to look things over and it appears I have pinholes in the aluminum. Is Dicor metal roof coating the right stuff to use??
Old 03-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #1292

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
What did you do to your old RV today?

I got everything fired up today and warmed up a bit then started checking over my Pacbrake as it is not fully engaging. Have to check how much pressure I am getting back there as it sounds a bit spongy.
I have to say I just love being out in it again even if I can't go anywhere yet.
jmm2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #1293

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Installed one of the new Cam Locks boy what a pain. Turned her around in the driveway.
I got to sleep with her last night, A first in 5 months, Wonderful.
Going to give her a bath today, again first time in 5 months.
Have a Great day working on them,
Tim
Old 03-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #1294

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does anyone know where I can find my waterpump in my 1988 Winnie chieftain 22rc? I opened every cabinet under shower,sink,cabinets where it is I don't know everything works on house water but not on the pump? Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #1295

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Does anyone know where I can find my waterpump in my 1988 Winnie chieftain 22rc? I opened every cabinet under shower,sink,cabinets where it is I don't know everything works on house water but not on the pump? Bobby
Try under the refrigerator and the near by seat.
My buddy John found his under there.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:45 AM   #1296

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Ours is under the bed next to gas tank
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #1297

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Installed one of the new Cam Locks boy what a pain. Turned her around in the driveway.
I got to sleep with her last night, A first in 5 months, Wonderful.
Going to give her a bath today, again first time in 5 months.
Have a Great day working on them,
Tim
Well she looked so Good after the bath she looked so nice and clean, I took her on a 100 miler Couldn't help my self. I don't remember it riding so nice, Oyea New Bilstiens...
Tim
Old 03-12-2015, 07:18 AM   #1298

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I did a quick circuit breaker this morning and was sitting there thinking maybe I should just drive it for a bit...not a 100 miler yet...but...go to Starbucks across town for a coffee or something but while I am sure I could get it out easy enough the getting it back in would be considerably trickier...praying for SOON!
jmm2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #1299

Ford Super Duty Owner
Installed a new shift tube in the stearing column..that was fun!!
divad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #1300

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yesterday I used the City Water Fill to fill our water tank, this uses the normal water hose to fill the tank. After closing the valve it didn't shut off the water flow and the tank overflowed during the night. Today I set about fixing the problem.
I tried to remove the old valve but there was not enough room for me to separate the Pex lines from the fittings. I hit on the idea of removing the guts from the new valve and leaving the old valve body in place.
Worked great, I unscrewed the cover, pulled the valve apart replaced the parts. We're back in business. Attached is a photo of the damaged valve parts.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #1301

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
On my 1989 Chieftain, the water pump is located under the dinette set seat, the one nearest the rear.
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #1302

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magumba View Post
Yesterday I used the City Water Fill to fill our water tank, this uses the normal water hose to fill the tank. After closing the valve it didn't shut off the water flow and the tank overflowed during the night. Today I set about fixing the problem.
I tried to remove the old valve but there was not enough room for me to separate the Pex lines from the fittings. I hit on the idea of removing the guts from the new valve and leaving the old valve body in place.
Worked great, I unscrewed the cover, pulled the valve apart replaced the parts. We're back in business. Attached is a photo of the damaged valve parts.
Pictures didn't attach, better luck this time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1426195487229.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	88423   Click image for larger version

Name:	1426195549433.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	88424