Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2015, 08:13 AM   #1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
Also adding headphone jacks and charger ports for the kids.
I installed an in-dash-type stereo in the overhead cabinet. I can run the DVD or an .mp3 player into the Aux in. Speakers out. I connected the headphone jack circuits (two over each dinette) to the preamp-out. It's a quieter circuit than the speaker outs, but still has audio control. If I fade to Rear, it goes to the speakers; fade to Front, it goes to the headphone jacks.

Dad is visiting and helped me install some missing cabinet catches. Most RV suppliers want $4.50 for a set of bulldog catches; I found an online cabinet shop who sold them for $0.60/ea.

Added a door under my residential fridge. Stopped the draft. Used magnetic catches so I can pull the panel to access my invertor. I have a shore power receptacle under there as well, so it's my "poor man's" manual transfer switch. The Fridge and TV/DVD are the only two things on that circuit that we use 110V invertor power going down the road.

There was a filler panel under my stove. Tore it and the wood blocking out. Installing another door. The wheel well and furnace are under the stove, so I won't store anything flammable there, but it will be a great spot to store my dutch oven and spare griddle.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #1332

Installing 3 speed fantasic fan in the bathroom.
RHINOPOWER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #1333

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Took the shroud off the Coleman A/C and spent 2 1/2 hours in the blazing sun straightening about 50% of the fins on the condenser, can't hurt! Does anyone know where I can buy a new shroud mine is pretty beat up? Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #1334

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Took the shroud off the Coleman A/C and spent 2 1/2 hours in the blazing sun straightening about 50% of the fins on the condenser, can't hurt! Does anyone know where I can buy a new shroud mine is pretty beat up? Bobby
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...ner-shroud.htm
You could try contacting these guys?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #1335

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

I bought a Maxxaire replacement off Amazon, stronger, sits closer to roof, better venting, this was for a 1996 Pace Arrow.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #1336

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Going out to drop the genny and finally put new plugs in , after two tries at Camping World bought them from a local parts store, got 2 sets for $9. Points have a little pitting but are pretty new so I will try to file them and reset. Also have to check the fuel pump on the genny as ifI try to run it by itself without the coach running it will stumble or quit. runs ok with the coach running. Bobby
Old 03-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #1337

Quote:
Going out to drop the genny and finally put new plugs in , after two tries at Camping World bought them from a local parts store, got 2 sets for $9. Points have a little pitting but are pretty new so I will try to file them and reset. Also have to check the fuel pump on the genny as ifI try to run it by itself without the coach running it will stumble or quit. runs ok with the coach running. Bobby
I'm surprised your Generator was "T'ed" off the main fuel line. Industry Standard has for years put in a seperate tap on shared fuel tank that stops the generators from drawing at a level of 1/4 of fuel so the generator doesn't leave you stranded in a Campground by using up all your fuel in the tank.

But, based on your issue you describe, it sounds like the genny was running off the main in tank fuel pressure created by the in tank electric fuel pump.

Does the Genny have an electric or mechanical pump?

You could test that theory by leaving the engine off,. but the key in the on position and testing the generator. The tank fuel pump will try to maintain fuel pressure in the line while the generator runs. If it only starts stumbling with the ignition off then it's probably the gennys fuel pump.

But, I may be all wet!

I converted the Coach from gas to diesel on the main engine, so I had to add a second fuel tank (13 gallon) for my gasoline powered generator.

One day I'll replace the gas genny with a diesel one and use the second tank as a reserve for the diesel engine.

Mine was a 1/4 tank tap. I put a shut off valve on that tap, to be used later.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #1338

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is exactly what it does, if the key is off it will stumble and quit. I sumise they did the quick t trick sometime after either the steel line rusted through or a rubber line failed on top of the tank. Will deal with it till I get home ,as I am going to drop all the tanks and sandblast the undercarriage and paint. And of course redo all questionable connections/lines, etc. Bobby
Old 03-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #1339

Installed a 2nd fantastic fan in the dining area. I had to install wiring for this reversible unit. Turned out great. The wife was going to help me do it this weekend. She's going to be happy.
RHINOPOWER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #1340

National RV Owners Club
Well, it was yesterday but did an oil change, greased all the zerks and re-installed the TPMS and then inflated the tires to proper pressures.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #1341

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
just checking the air in the tires and airbags, give it her a little bath and maybe put some new plugs in the coach motor. Then were off to go see Frank up in Brooksville, Fla have a great day all! Bobby
Old 03-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #1342

Regarding where the fuel comes from for the generator, on my 1986 Chevy P30 chassis the generator is Teed into the fuel return line from the engine mechanical pump. The return line is flooded by the in-tank electric pump but doesn't develop enough pressure to run the generator. This hook up works well but I do need to watch the fuel gauge.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #1343

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't care about the genny, yes I do but , since I found out where Frank has been hiding i'm going to hang at this beautiful park and chill! The genny will get straightened out in due time. I only have 2 more weeks till I need to be back in NY! Bobby
Old 03-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #1344

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote