Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #407

after jim ellitos mod (RIP) i had 80 gallons of gas i got gedy bumped timing 2 degrees i got ping 10 gallons of 114 AV gas i hit it hard no pind
whem2fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #408

Today I replaced the house batteries... PO thought it was ok just to disconnect... once deformed by frost the other blew... did not discover till I pulled the last one out... oh yes this is a 1994 Coachmen Sartara .... I also installed a new radio that works with ipd and iphone... found the CB connection points so I installed the CB

Tomorrow she gets an environmental test tune up... seems a t full throtle it works great but at idle it runs rich which gives me a fail... #$%#$%@# gov't waste of time

We leave for our first road trip, a short drive to Toronto from Ottawa to test out things.

With the new batteries everything is working again. Just have to replace the motor on the electric step and I am good to go
Gank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:11 AM   #409

Vintage RV Owners Club
I discovered a light in the grab handle by the entry door of our coachmen. We never knew there was a light in there!

I spent a while cleaning up the electrical connections and got it working.

I still need to remove the handle and clean it up, but for now I'm pretty chuffed to see the handle lit up (Its the small things really... )

I only had a LED bayonet bulb so the light from that bulb is directional (pointed down). I'm sure if I fitted a standard 5 watt ba15s filament bulb, the upper part of the handle with the Coachmen logo would light up a lot better too....
Blag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #410

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have no located a faint buzzing sound when I turn my chassis battery to on. To get the stairs to go out or back in I have to open the door, walk arount to the drivers door and push the MOM switch and wait for the stairs to go down, enter MH and turn on the battery for motor use. Have something killing the chassis battery. I think I may have found the possible area for the culprit killing the battery. Now to track down that raggely raskel.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #411

I finished mounting my solar panels. I partly did one yesterday but didn't have the lock nuts and longer bolts I needed. I went and got them today and finished the first and also mounted the other.

Pics here: Plan 'V' - A van dwelling blog: Solar panels - Part 1
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #412

I opened a drawer in the kitchen and took our can opener out. Our can opener in the house broke, so we needed it. I know, it sounds like a lot to accomplish in one day, but when I put my mind to something it's like magic happens.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #413
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I looked at my RV forlornly as I don't get to use all it's wonderfulness again till the July long weekend.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
I opened a drawer in the kitchen and took our can opener out. Our can opener in the house broke, so we needed it. I know, it sounds like a lot to accomplish in one day, but when I put my mind to something it's like magic happens.
Wife burned up the kitchen mixer in the middle of mashed potatoes last week, so I robbed the one from the MH. I find myself taking popcorn and other things too. Oh I replaced the engines battery that I toasted by leaving the key on accessory.
jml255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #415

We took most of the curbside siding off and a window out. Husband has finally decided "just perhaps" the tutorials I've been watching is the way to go..... after he bent the crap out of some siding trying to pull out a rotted piece.

He also put some carriage bolts in the flooring we replaced... it's finally starting to look like progress 'round here!

Oh and I cut some more upholstery panels out. I hope to get some cushions finished this week.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #416

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Well I just got my new to me 97 GeorgieBoy CruiseMaster. The first thing we did was load it up and go for a short jont for the weekend. Then comes the work, scrub the roof to prep for new sealant. As I could not find Bar keepers Friend I used Vim, not happy with those results I took to the years of experience here and had luck finding it. I haven't tried it yet but I am looking forward to it. I serviced the engine and gen set doing oil, filter, grease, fuel filters, and air filters. I had to take it in for an emission test, and the 460 with a banks set up passed easily.
When I get home it'll be replace heater hoses and check upper rad hose. Flush the rad and fill with antifreeze. I have to replace the rear bushings and send it in for a trans flush. After checking the parking brake and changing the reared fluid I think I'll be ready for a short 2 or 3 hour trial run. Then I'll have a week or so to get ready for a trip from the Toronto area to Cape Breton NS .
Does anyone have any other ideas that I should look at. The coach has been constantly used up until I bought it.
RoscoeAndTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #417

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeAndTam View Post
Well I just got my new to me 97 GeorgieBoy CruiseMaster. The first thing we did was load it up and go for a short jont for the weekend. Then comes the work, scrub the roof to prep for new sealant. As I could not find Bar keepers Friend I used Vim, not happy with those results I took to the years of experience here and had luck finding it. I haven't tried it yet but I am looking forward to it. I serviced the engine and gen set doing oil, filter, grease, fuel filters, and air filters. I had to take it in for an emission test, and the 460 with a banks set up passed easily.
When I get home it'll be replace heater hoses and check upper rad hose. Flush the rad and fill with antifreeze. I have to replace the rear bushings and send it in for a trans flush. After checking the parking brake and changing the reared fluid I think I'll be ready for a short 2 or 3 hour trial run. Then I'll have a week or so to get ready for a trip from the Toronto area to Cape Breton NS .
Does anyone have any other ideas that I should look at. The coach has been constantly used up until I bought it.
Change the brake fluid and bleed the brakes. If the upper and lower radiator hoses are original, I would change them regardless of condition.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #418

Carpet sucks!

Okay, maybe not all carpet, but the nasty stuff I removed this weekend was so dirty, clouds of dust and stuff flew up in the air as I ripped it up. I did get to see the stain from a leak. Will need to investigate this leak further. The wall board along and below the window by the door is warped and pealing. The flooring there is stained and almost black in spots. It looks like the leak is coming from above where the awning is attached to the outside. Otherwise, I was pretty surprised at how good the plywood looked thru out the rest of the rv. We will put in laminate flooring currently in use our house after we replace it with the newer prettier stuff we got. So, new floor for no extra money. I like that.I have all the measurements now for the new curtains. I found a very large chunk of fabric in my sewing collection that will work just fine. Once again, no extra money, just using found and recycled items.
I have to save money for the engine. Taking it to a mechanic this week. Hopefully since the tune up, it may just be a carburetor issue.
Bought a new extension cord and some butyl tape.
So much to do and soooooo little time.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #419

Oh, and The beau got a solar panel kit from the neighbor guy who has his house on solar. He said it was a good starter kit for the rv. I'm electric illiterate so I'm leaving those details up to the beau....I can paint, patch and repair...he can deal with the power.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #420

Monaco Owners Club
Replaced the old brass light fixtures with new modern ones. Changed 45 cabinet knobs with nickel knobs

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-499738882.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	40521

Look much newer inside.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote