Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2014, 06:16 AM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
There seems to be a gap at the register end of the assembly. If so, why?

Maybe it's to clear the sleeper folding mechanism. If so, there is a clearance opening at both ends of the trays.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #772

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Installed a Trik-L-Start engine battery maintainer. Now the engine batt stays fully charged though our long periods of inactivity. We can't get out as often as I'd like so the beast stays hooked to shore power for 6 weeks at a time, sometimes more. For $47.50, the thing seemed like a good deal.

Ultra Trik-L-Start LSL Products
Old 07-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #773

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Maybe it's to clear the sleeper folding mechanism. If so, there is a clearance opening at both ends of the trays.
Smarty pants...

Sounds reasonable to me so I'll accept that answer.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #774
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Smarty pants...

Sounds reasonable to me so I'll accept that answer.
I knew that too, I just didn't want to say and make you look bad LOL.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #775

Vintage RV Owners Club
I sat in it and turned around to see the work i have to do... and Tomorrows another day!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #776

Replaced the bulb and socket on one of the fog lights.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #777

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well, my TT is new to me, so I'm still futzing with trying to figure things out and make it useable to my standards. So this weekend, I installed the original door lock. (PO said it wasn't latching and bought a modern replacement. Luckily he hadn't got around to it yet.) Door latch is a Bargman L200. It took it all apart, cleaned it and lubed it. I assembled it to the door and tried to get it to work. PO was right. It wasn't latching correctly. Inspection revealed that the latch wasn't striking the door high enough so I cut a slot in a metal washer, opened it and sqeezed it onto the hinge to shift the door up. I also opened the bottom of the door strike. Works fine now and I didn't have to cut up the door for the new handle (which wouldn't have worked anyway because of the above issues). Clicks closed and latches with a slight push. What's next....
Need to figure out the electrical, may as well go there.... The rear utility door is difficult to operate - had to pound on one corner of the door to get it to close. Couple of whacks with a hammer and piece of wood and now it too closes easily. But there are two sash chains that are supposed to act as door stops, and one side has a piece of wire in place of a link - and it's way too long. Okay, put sash chain on the list.
AC was tripping the circuit breaker at the POs house. Fortunately it works fine at my place. Rattles like hell when it starts up, but seems to cool okay. Took the interior shroud off. Duct tape was used to seal the output vent. Took that off and inspected. The rattle is coming from the button plate. The open cell filter foam screen on the intake side of the shroud is shot. Put metal tape and foam on the list.
Went to Home Depot for the chain and metal tape. Found a thin fiberglass filter to replace the foam. Bonus.
So, I sealed up the AC unit with the metal tape, and cut up an old foam pillow to use as backing for the control plate. Cut the filter in shape and installed it into the shroud. Put the shroud back on and turned it on. Spun up quieter, and didn't break anything doing the job. Success.
Sash chains were easy. Cut them to length and installed on each side of the rear door. Dammit, forgot to install the plastic chain covers. Took both sides off, installed the chain covers and replaced. Now I feel like I can lean on that door a bit without worrying about tweaking it.
Getting there. Gotta order a water heater (Suburban SW6D), a breakaway switch, and get real safety chains installed. And figure out what I'm gonna do with the toilet. Then she'll be ready for that shakedown trip to Oregon in mid-August.
micalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:53 PM   #778

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've had the Trickly Start for a few years, a trip saver.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #779

Winnebago Owners Club
Finished putting the sheathing on the roof yesterday. Today I cut the holes for the vents. Used over 600 screws. Thank you Dewalt for the screw gun.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #780

First outing with the new in tank fuel pump..What a difference. Pulls those long grades with ease now.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #781

Winnebago Owners Club
Got the EPDM glued on, reinstalled the A/C, installed the vents, put the nose cap back on. Cleaned up the last little bits of debris that fell into the interior through the open roof vents.

All that is left is to put on the self leveling caulking, install the drip rails and caulk the necessary places.

Should be done in a day or two.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #782

Finished up today installing solar screens on the house and had some material left over. So I pulled all the screens from my motorhome and replaced them with the solar screen leftovers. Looking pretty good!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #783

Hail got my air conditioner. Not perfect but it works. Took me over an hour with a pocket knife to try and straighten the fins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0721141010.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	68669   Click image for larger version

Name:	0721141121.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	394.6 KB
ID:	68670  

06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #784

Might get a set of fin combs from Home Depot
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote