Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #1177

Installed two AC shrouds

Hats off to PPL Motorhomes the replacement shroud just arrived. They were FAST with a replacement. So today I installed two new AC shrouds, loaded the fridge with BEER and Meat, on my way to the beach and I'll return to work post Mardi Gras!

aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #1178

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Went and picked up the radiator yesterday, paid $540 cash, it looks great and the guy I had do it has been in business 34 years here. One year warrantee, but he said if I have any trouble within 2 years he'd fix it free. Took it to a closer shop but they seemed disinterested although they were a few dollars cheaper, I like to hear what someone suggests or that they care! Will try to get it in today, along with new belts and p/s hoses. Was going to paint the chassis and do a lot more detailing but it is only 20 degrees outside, so I just want it back together(so does my SO) she is ready to go south for a few weeks, hell so am I! Wish me luck and no frostbite, Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #1179

Finally got the rest of the grunge off her. Used a gallon of the Home Depot brand mold killer. I was skeptical about it since it was so cheap, but it worked extremely well. For $20 (including $10 for the 1-gal sprayer) and the 20min it took me; it was well worth it!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #1180

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I got the stripe decals off the MH in preparation for getting it painted. Trying to save some money. It is going to be expensive with all the fiberglass repair, but I can save some money by doing some of the work.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #1181

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well it was cold today but still managed to get the new p/s hoses on. Of course they needed some of my special bending to make them work, but they will be fine. A damn shame I spent the better part of the day getting them on, had to take the p/s pump off to get the line off the pump, how stupid is that engineering? Never would have been able to do it out on the road, no way! Will be happy to get her buttoned back up and hopefully have an uneventful trip at the end of the week.
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #1182

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well lets see, Added more LEDs under the kitchen counter edges, added a new Stinger flashlight and hardwired it in. Re-installed my Windshield Cover magnets after I has windshield replaced a year ago.

Friday ended up having to re-wire a couple of items since I could not figure out why they stopped working as the wiring under dash is a rats nest.

Ended the day by just cleaning up a bit, Going to work on bay slide idea I have been wanting to do to give us a small outside kitchen area.
gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:42 PM   #1183

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cleaned the basement compartments out. They were filthy! I bet I vacuumed out 20 pounds of dirt. Next i went ahead and pulled the old tv out . Airbags are still holding air! My list gets alittle shorter every weekend.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #1184

Last thing I did to my old couch was back into a space, hook up shore power and utilities and enjoy a nice long Mardi Gras weekend on the Mississippi gulf coast

I'll add a pic when I return.

Once again hats off to ppl for the quick shipment of the replacement shroud
aboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #1185

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Ala this forum, I put two baggage catches inside to serve the purpose of holding my front compartments open and thus replace the need for the "now failed" struts that I couldn't find replacements for. A happy day.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #1186

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
Ala this forum, I put two baggage catches inside to serve the purpose of holding my front compartments open and thus replace the need for the "now failed" struts that I couldn't find replacements for. A happy day.
If you could post a picture it would be great. I've ordered 6 new struts from Triple E for the front, rear and propane compartments. I was thinking of doing something different for the rest.
Cheers
Dave
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 AM   #1187

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
If you could post a picture it would be great. I've ordered 6 new struts from Triple E for the front, rear and propane compartments. I was thinking of doing something different for the rest.
Cheers
Dave
This is what I did. The catches were under $10.00 for the pair and I took the extra step of placing inserts in the screw holes for some extra support. When not in use they fold up and out of the way as you can see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040044.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	86219

Name:	P1040045.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	86220

Name:	P1040047.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	86221
Old 02-16-2015, 07:17 AM   #1188

Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
Well lets see, Added more LEDs under the kitchen counter edges, added a new Stinger flashlight and hardwired it in.
Good call on the hardwired Stinger. I have been using Stingers since they came out. Anytime I travel I take one with a charger with me. Still have my original one that I have upgraded with a 200 lumen led bulb, and I think it's on it's second switch & 4th battery in 20 years.

But....have you seen the new Stinger HL???? 640 lumens(insert Tim Allen grunt here)......I have had my finger hovering over the "buy it now" button a few times on fleabay...but at $100-ish I keep hesitating
Old 02-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #1189

Sold it!

Now we are using our freshly converted Skoolie exclusively.

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/do...?sort=6&page=1

DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #1190

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
This is what I did. The catches were under $10.00 for the pair and I took the extra step of placing inserts in the screw holes for some extra support. When not in use they fold up and out of the way as you can see.
Thanks for posting pictures. Looks like a good idea.
I misunderstood and thought you were talking about your outside compartment doors. Mine all use gas struts which are hooped.
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote