Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 AM   #2003

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpnc View Post
Make sure yokes are in phase after you get the new hanger bearing on!
The phase of the yokes will be triple check and the fun part of jacking up the rear to finish the hanger bearing alignment procedure in the manual.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2016, 05:55 AM   #2004

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
a little
I hope you have better luck with the hanger bearing than I did, I had to replace it on my 64 Caddie. First off they couldn't find one and I guess it was a real pain n the rear installing it.
Good Luck,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #2005

I've done NOTHING!

Since I ripped apart the living room so I could start doing the re-wiring and insulating, I have not done anything. Just after I ripped the living room apart a homeless man who had no where to live, moved into our trailer at my request. He was living in his truck and in a tent sometimes in a back lawn. He was sick from the damp and was so happy for me to offer him a 36 foot trailer with heat, a kitchen with a full size frig and micro wave, stove, double sink and tons of storage space, plus a full 4 piece bathroom and a bedroom with a double bed and hot and cold running water plus free cable for a TV. I also gave him free eggs from our chicken coop and told him he was free to sell as many eggs as he wanted. I am doing my best to support a homeless Canadian person and just last week he was offered a job in a camp in northern Alberta. Maybe I'll begin to renovate our trailer again after he moves out. We love our Prairie Schooner and would even like to live in it one day if we buy some acreage up in the Cariboo.
farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
a little
I hope you have better luck with the hanger bearing than I did, I had to replace it on my 64 Caddie. First off they couldn't find one and I guess it was a real pain n the rear installing it.
Good Luck,
Tim
I can tell you a real funny story about a 64 caddie hanger bearing! trying to find one before internet!!talk about difficult.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #2007

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Today we replaced the burnt out hood fan in our kitchen.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #2008

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Tim, sorry but when we got to Quartzsite I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I couldn't believe what a zoo the place was and i couldn't believe the way everyone thought themselves the most important person in the world when it came to rules of the road. 360-202-1390 will get us and we will be in Yuma the next couple of days, then Casa Grande for a bit then in Tucson for the first week of February. May or may not return to Quartzsite on our return trip.
Quarzsite is great anytime but January. Its nice to meet a group out there and boon dock out there, but if you like peace and quiet not the place to be.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #2009

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The last week I've been doing nothing but chasing down leaks caused by too much water pressure. The regulator with the guage on it bit the dust. Normally they plug this one just blew out. Leaks at the W/D prep plumbing, the water heater, and the toilet. I'm tired and sore.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #2010

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
Since I ripped apart the living room so I could start doing the re-wiring and insulating, I have not done anything. Just after I ripped the living room apart a homeless man who had no where to live, moved into our trailer at my request. He was living in his truck and in a tent sometimes in a back lawn. He was sick from the damp and was so happy for me to offer him a 36 foot trailer with heat, a kitchen with a full size frig and micro wave, stove, double sink and tons of storage space, plus a full 4 piece bathroom and a bedroom with a double bed and hot and cold running water plus free cable for a TV. I also gave him free eggs from our chicken coop and told him he was free to sell as many eggs as he wanted. I am doing my best to support a homeless Canadian person and just last week he was offered a job in a camp in northern Alberta. Maybe I'll begin to renovate our trailer again after he moves out. We love our Prairie Schooner and would even like to live in it one day if we buy some acreage up in the Cariboo.
Good for you!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:47 AM   #2011

Greetings!

Our coach is a rear radiator. On the drivers side is most of the engine components, turbo, altenator, A/C compressor, air filter, etc.. Also on the drivers side rear is the A/C condenser. Access to the engine was tough, hard to reach and a very small space to work through.

Recently our altenator died, and I decided these types of repairs needed to be easier. Here is my mod to address.

There is a coach body frame rail that boxes the outside of the compartment. I cut it out, and modified so it can be bolted in and out. I then modified the condeser mount, and set it up on hinges (the hoses were long enough) so that removal of 4 bolts allows it to swing out of the way. The end result is I have a much bigger space to work though, and with the frame rail out I can get 15" closer to the work area. I am able to open up this access in about 10 mins.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_100750_resized.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	117829   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_120337_resized.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	117830  

Name:	20160130_120737_resized.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	117831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_165924_resized.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	117832  

Old 01-31-2016, 06:28 AM   #2012

Winnebago Owners Club
Went out to the storage facility and checked tire pressure, checked for any internal leaks and did a basic visual inspection of the interior and exterior of the MH. All was good.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:31 PM   #2013

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1993 p30 Wheel simulators

I have been working on new wheel simulators.On my p30 chassis I have a 1/4 inch thick steel lug retainer ring that made most simulators not feasible because of the lack of threads left on the lugs. So I did this. Refer to pics. 1 down three to go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF6692.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	117856   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6694.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	117857  

bidderwins19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:19 PM   #2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Greetings!

Our coach is a rear radiator. On the drivers side is most of the engine components, turbo, altenator, A/C compressor, air filter, etc.. Also on the drivers side rear is the A/C condenser. Access to the engine was tough, hard to reach and a very small space to work through.

Recently our altenator died, and I decided these types of repairs needed to be easier. Here is my mod to address.

There is a coach body frame rail that boxes the outside of the compartment. I cut it out, and modified so it can be bolted in and out. I then modified the condeser mount, and set it up on hinges (the hoses were long enough) so that removal of 4 bolts allows it to swing out of the way. The end result is I have a much bigger space to work though, and with the frame rail out I can get 15" closer to the work area. I am able to open up this access in about 10 mins.

L.
Nice
Old 01-31-2016, 02:20 PM   #2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderwins19 View Post
I have been working on new wheel simulators.On my p30 chassis I have a 1/4 inch thick steel lug retainer ring that made most simulators not feasible because of the lack of threads left on the lugs. So I did this. Refer to pics. 1 down three to go.
Very nice
Old 01-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #2016

didn't do these today, but finished them lately. Finished the border tile in the hallway, routed in the recessed door pulls and TP holder
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160128_182433.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	117860   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160128_182503.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	117861