Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #4565

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Haggard View Post
Don't know how they rolled and double posted???

I did mount the window upside down so that the blind pulls up.

[emoji16]
Then we put the tree up.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181208_114610.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	228425
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #4566

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Gardiner View Post
Finished installing a Super Steer track bar on our P32 yesterday. Took a bit of finagling to achieve clearance for both the exhaust pipe and the differential cover.
Going to take her to our son's baseball tournament tonight, about 60 miles away. The trip should give me a good idea how the handling changes at 65 mph. Report back tomorrow. Almost looking forward to a cross wind, and semis.
After a 45 minute drive, including city streets, highway 101 with its large trucks, and I-280 through the coastal hills of the Bay, the Super Steer track bar did a good job of stabilizing Maggie. I tried speeds up to 70 mph (normally never do that) but I figured it would be an acid test. Now we need a windy day to test further.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #4567

Opened FW tnk drain, opened the lowpoint drains in the wet well and removed the anode drain plug from the water heater. Ran the pump with no water noted. I hope that is all I need to do to winterize this year.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:35 AM   #4568

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ford F53 - 4R100 transmission.. Drained and flushed the transmission with 5 gallons of new Valvoline ATF Synthetic fluid. Dropped the transmission pan and replaced the filter inside the transmission. ALSO - I removed the in-line transmission filter that had a small leak and replaced it with a spin on filter.

I purchased the re-build kit for the pressure bypass tube, but I ran out of time before a cold front passed through the area and we now have below freezing temperatures again.. I'll re-build the bypass tube next spring .

F53 Transmission filter change and flush – 1999 Southwind 35S
\
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #4569

Went out to do the monthly generator exercise. It started, but quit after I released the start button . Same issue after several tries . Rats, I kinda remember this is usually a circuit board failure but need read the blinking light for a fault code before proceeding.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:17 AM   #4570

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looked out the window wondering why all that frost was not sunshine
Old 12-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #4571

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had a rocker switch on the dash not working. I investigated and when I pulled the switch it fell into pieces so I got a new switch and replaced it. Now I know that the switch operates my overhead fans at the windshield. Until today I had no idea what that switch did.

I also added a 12 volt to USB port on the dash to provide power for our two hot spot's that reside on top of our WeBoost indoor antenna. No wires snaking all over the place now.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:50 AM   #4572

Ok, its been a while since my last update on our remodel so this is going to take some explaining.
(Warning, LONG READ)

As we get older I find it a pain in the rear to have to reach up to the ceiling to switch off and on light switches. Like the one in the hallway and living areas.

So [Tim Taylor Voice On]
I rewired them
[ / Tim Taylor Voice Off].

Finished off the last one yesterday. I actually stripped off the wall panel in the bathroom OFF and fished a pair of wires through the RV'S metal framework from the overhead light to a spot on the hallway wall, to mount a light switch on the wall to operate the hallway light outside the bathroom.

My Fleetwood has a full bathroom and a hall down the side to get to the bedroom. As in, you can close the bathroom door and someone else can still get to the bedroom without walking through the bathroom. The reason I liked my Coach so much. More like an apartment or house than a typical RV.

So now, No more reaching to the ceiling to turn the lights on. ( Why they built it like that makes no sense because the bedroom light switches are mounted on the wall.)

Earlier I rewired all the kitchen and living room overhead lights to master switches mounted on the side of the kitchen counter next to where the couch used to be. (Now electric movie theater seats.)

There's still one entry light just inside the coaches side door I can flip on as I go up the stairs to enter the coach. But this new way we can kill all the lights from the recliners and watch a movie on the big screen TV without getting up and switching each individual light off. Kinda like dimming the house lights in a movie theater.
I retained the switches on the individual lights on case I want to tune how many lights come on when I flip either of the 2 master lighting switches. Oh and all my lighting in the coach, basements included, are converted to LED's.

I even have floor lights on a pair of 3 way switches on either end of the Coach so I can have night lights for walking through it at night without stubbing my toe on something. Pretty cool to be able to kill all the interior lights and hit the small floor lights with the front switch next to the couch and be able to walk all the way to the bedroom and turn them off as I get in bed. Or visa versa.

This is one of the last things I wanted to do before I started redoing all the wallpaper. Other than putting makeup lighting down the sides of the bathroom mirror. And putting it's switch lower on the wall. But that I'll do before I mount the mirror back on the wall. (One of those little touches for my Princess!) The old mirrors lighting before was mounted above the mirror and the switch, that controlled the intensity was on top of the mirror. A stupid design that had to have been thought of by a 6 foot tall RV engineer. Melissa is barely 5 feet tall and has always hated that switch location. Now she can do her face makeup in proper variable lighting like in a real house bathroom.

Other than that, the walls are prepped and ready for new wall paper. It's all bought and ready to be put up.

Whew! I think I'm over doing my remodel, but what good does it do to do it half assed?

It only cost a little more to go first class, I just can't stay as long!

It's too messy to take pictures of, but I'll post some up after I get that wall panel put back up. Odd thing though. Much of the Coaches lighting circuits are behind that bathroom panel and tied together without any way to do any maintenance to those twist on wire nut connections. I literally had to tear out the wood trim work & cut the wallpaper and rip down that luan to access the wiring in that wall. (Another Stupid Design!)

I may just remount that wall with screws for maintenance access later. ( I'll mount the trim to the luan too and make it a lot more maintenance friendly.)
Old 12-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #4573

Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like you got this. Are you ready to move out to warmer weather yet? I am hoping to start in the direction of Yuma the day after Christmas. Are you ready to get warm too?

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #4574

Remodeling

We have had our share of repairing wall water damage. When DH used the paneling drops to cover the plain white walls in the BR he screwed in the panel that would give access to the pluming. We had one light switch that didn't work. In the process of remodeling DH unearthed a bundle of wires. He wired the switch correctly. So sweet to come in the RV and be able to shut the outside light off from the inside. Looking forward to seeing the finished pictures.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #4575

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Sounds like you got this. Are you ready to move out to warmer weather yet? I am hoping to start in the direction of Yuma the day after Christmas. Are you ready to get warm too?

ronspradley

We are in North Central Texas. So this Winter spell is only 2 days long and then we'll be back in T shirts and flip flops.
Then Winter will show up another week or two in February.

Our plan is to spend Christmas in Dan Antonio. Going to do the River Walk and then afterwards go to this authentic Mexican Restaurant my DIL loves to take us to. Full Mexican Baladas Band and non English speaking staff. She speaks fluent Spanish so that's how we order. Not a tourist restaurant! Definitely not a tourist place. And not near the river either. Locals love it.

Will probably help my son get his racing engine built and in his drag car while I'm there. Always fun to built 1400 HP engines!

Christmas on the River Walk is always fun times though. I live it there that time of year.

I've still got a lot of work on my coach before it will be ready to use again. We have kicked around buying a used bumper pull camper to use in the meantime. Just so we can get out a few times. We'll see. ..
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #4576

I installed an extend a stay kit to my propane tank and bought a 40lb tank at tractor supply. We have had many nights in the 20's and the main tank was getting pretty low. The kit works great and enables me to stay put and not pay delivery charges. The local rv shop actually had a better price than amazon!
waspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #4577

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspp View Post
I installed an extend a stay kit to my propane tank and bought a 40lb tank at tractor supply. We have had many nights in the 20's and the main tank was getting pretty low. The kit works great and enables me to stay put and not pay delivery charges. The local rv shop actually had a better price than amazon!
I bought my 40# tank at PPL Houston, that was the best price by far. I hardily recommend an "extend a stay" for all MH. Like you said, you can get a fill with no delivery charge.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #4578

I started thinking about all the places I park like Lowes, Walmart, Side of the road etc.. and how dark my grey RV must look to approaching cars. So I started researching how to make myself more visible from all sides and not just the back. I bought a roll of white reflective tape and ran it around my RV at about headlight level. I following the lines of the rv so the tape looks like it belongs there. I tested it out with my car at night and now my rv lights up subtly but effectively. I sleep better now.
stanc1166 is offline   Reply With Quote