Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
X2 Do you have a title? If not, how will you register it?

That is becoming something of an adventure all by itself. They guy we bought it from 'inherited it; it came with a property he bought but didnt want the trailer, no trailer title came with the land.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 06:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemojc View Post
That is becoming something of an adventure all by itself. They guy we bought it from 'inherited it; it came with a property he bought but didnt want the trailer, no trailer title came with the land.
I'd get it weighed and take the slip to my local DMV and register it as a "Homebuilt" trailer. Strip the existing badging off it.
I wouldn't be too concerned with the appliances. They are probably standard brand or could be replaced with newer standard units.
You'll have fun getting this unit useable but when you are done it will be your own "Homebuilt" camper.
Enjoy,
Lynn

Old 10-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #17

Hi. I just purchased a 1969 Brentwood Continental. It looks very similar to yours but has a raised roof in the front providing a little more headroom on the top bunk. Ours is 15 Ft long and needs some tlc. I wondering if you've gotten started on any upgrades on yours. We just pulled ours home and are still figuring out what we have. The pressure water tank is something I need to figure out. Bruce in MI.

(I'm a new member so if I'm not using this site correctly let me know.)
Old 10-20-2015, 05:33 AM   #18

Iíve had boat trailers with lost titles and have always registered them as homebuilt. If you want to be certain, go to the local courthouse and look up who previously owned the property. However if the previous owners passed away you may have to deal with an estate or talk the relatives into obtaining title and transferring it to you. However, it seems every state has slightly different protocols so your state may have an established protocol for obtaining title in your situation. Iím thinking of my California brother who had a car abandoned on vacant property he owned. He couldnít just have it hauled away; he had to first apply for and obtain ownership based on it being abandoned and then have it hauled away. In the meantime the local government harassed him for the junk on his property. Ask an attorney or have a friend inquire for you at the DMV.

If it were mine Iíd go the KISS route and register it as a homebuilt.

BTW itís got nice lines and is a nice looking TT good luck with it.

Steve
Old 10-20-2015, 06:57 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning and welcome:
My neighbor has something that looks just like the one in question.
His is a Prowler I believe. That's all I got on that.
I will suggest a product call Mold Amor and I bought it at HD. I used it on my fiberglass MH and it took all that black mold right off. Please read the info on the bottle to be sure it won't take the paint off your new toy. I say this because a few years ago I tried Bleach White on a curtain Rod and that took the paint right off.
Hope you will post Pics as you go along.
Again welcome to you and the Mrs.'s

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #20

1970 Brentwood Continental

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceinMI View Post
Hi. I just purchased a 1969 Brentwood Continental. It looks very similar to yours but has a raised roof in the front providing a little more headroom on the top bunk. Ours is 15 Ft long and needs some tlc. I wondering if you've gotten started on any upgrades on yours. We just pulled ours home and are still figuring out what we have. The pressure water tank is something I need to figure out. Bruce in MI.

I recently bought a 1970 Brentwood continental, similar to the one you are describing. My father in law and I have been refurbishing it. It's been a fun project. I'm going to attempt to post pictures here. I'd love to see some pics of your trailer as well. I haven't been able to find out much info on this trailer.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceinMI View Post

I recently bought a 1970 Brentwood continental, similar to the one you are describing. My father in law and I have been refurbishing it. It's been a fun project. I'm going to attempt to post pictures here. I'd love to see some pics of your trailer as well. I haven't been able to find out much info on this trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1159[1].jpg
Views:	48
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	129783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164[1].jpg
Views:	56
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	129784  

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemojc View Post
My wife and I got back from a (RVless) Route 66 trip and got the bug to find a camper to pull. She found an 18' single axle something, and I'm still trying to identify just what we've acquired. We got it home OK, still needs lots of love, but before I dig in and start yanking cabinets and pulling wire, I would REALLY like to figure out just what we have. I've got a good chunk of the tongue sanded off and still haven't found the VIN. My best clue so far is a big plastic badge on the back that reads 'Brentwood Inc. Continental' .

Google searches on that have pointed to to a pic of a camper that looks a lot like ours, but no other info except possibly a year - 1969.

Any resources you folks could point me to would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I picked up this trailer over the summer. It's a 1970 Brentwood Continental. I got it in this shape and this is it now. It's been a lot of work, but fun.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0761[1].JPG
Views:	44
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	129785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164[1].jpg
Views:	51
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	129786  

Name:	IMG_1159[1].jpg
Views:	43
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	129787  
Old 06-10-2016, 08:47 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow! That is something to be really proud of. Looks great....!!
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #24

I bought a little camper which looks a lot like the OP's. It is a Franklin probably built around the late 60's or early 70's. Like the OP I don't have any paperwork but that isn't important to me anyway. My camper has a gas light in it as well as being wired for 110.
I bought this for my grandchildren to spend a few nights in with my son. We have a firepit, picnic table and some amenities up on my hill where we have occasional cook outs. It's a great spot nearby but secluded enough you forget your only a 1/4 mile from home.
My 11 year old granddaughter wants to paint it camouflage. Fine with me if that is what she wants. This will be the "cabin" she and her 6 year old brother wanted up there.
My wife has torn the camper apart cleaning it, making new curtains, Camouflage of course, and new covers for the upholstery. The inside is pretty nice even though there is some water damage from a leaky roof at some point in time.
When I got the camper home I hooked it up to electricity with a 100' extension cord so I could park it far away from any buildings or vehicles. I left it plugged in for a couple weeks to be sure there were no shorts or dangerous electrical problems. You never know when something this old has been sitting around how many mice have taken up residence in there and chewed through wires. I feel confident my son can run one of my Honda 2000's so they have some light when they need it. The gas lamp won't be used nor will the stove or toilet. We have an outdoor privy if you need it. A single holer built out of a shipping container. It's painted camo per my grandchildren's request. Cooking can be done over the firepit.
I found this on Craig's list. The lady was moving out of state and wanted it gone. For $300 I didn't think I could go wrong. I've spent more than that on raffle tickets at banquets in one evening.
I'll try to get some pictures on here after we get it painted and parked.
Lynn
Old 08-04-2016, 09:46 PM   #25

I got my Brentwood Continental from a relative last year.

Pics here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/post-your-vintage-photos-here-49238-post3194184.html

Mine's an XIX (19, the length I believe?) will take a little work, but I like it.