Okay, beginning story:
A friend of the family purchased a '70's Executive motor home for $1000, and almost the entire left side of the motor home was dry rotted. I was asked to drive it to the shop for him, and while cruising on the back streets, going no more than 25 mph, the entire drivers side moved outward about 8 inches away from the main body.
Okay, so I was asked if I could repair it, and I figured it would give me something to do, so I agreed to do the work and gave a...ahem, low bid, of $200.
Here's what my dad and I did roughly 4 years ago, and took 2 to 3 weeks.
You can see the original wall in the first picture as a darker color. That's all that was left of that side.
Studs replaced and interior paneling done:
Studs replaced from front:
Plywood being installed:
My dad working on the framing for the water heater:
Cutting out the window frame from the inside:
Rebuilt step, new floor, and trim:
Finished, siding is 6 or 8 sheets of FRP glued onto the plywood, then caulked: