Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #1

Seeing as I already have one thats being remodeled, apparently I've become somewhat of a "goto" person when it comes to GMC motorhome things. So I put it to you....

A friend of mine has found a GMC motorhome that needs a home. A 77 Kingsley, the interior has been completely removed for remodeling, including the rear hatch taken off, the closet module is in the house. The only pluses are the exterior paint is newer (Imron) and its been garage kept. All the materials for remodeling are there, just not installed.

So the question for ya'll is, how much would you pay for a GMC motorhome project?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #2

Seeing as I already have one thats being remodeled, apparently I've become somewhat of a "goto" person when it comes to GMC motorhome things. So I put it to you....

A friend of mine has found a GMC motorhome that needs a home. A 77 Kingsley, the interior has been completely removed for remodeling, including the rear hatch taken off, the closet module is in the house. The only pluses are the exterior paint is newer (Imron) and its been garage kept. All the materials for remodeling are there, just not installed.

So the question for ya'll is, how much would you pay for a GMC motorhome project?

Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ya forgot to say what condition the Motor and tranny were in and also the rear suspension, Has it been updated or are the bags even work'in? If not and the motor and transaxle is in fair to good shape..maybe $10,000. If the rear has been reworked an the motor and transaxle are fairly new,then? The price go's up from there.I always liked that model of motorhome but, never could get one when I had the money and /or the model came my way and I didn't have the cash to get with it. It's a turkey shoot if you don't know the seller or history or? Go in low and maybe get lucky. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 AM   #4

I think she said the drivetrain was good, rebuilt 403, here's a picture of the inside

Old 03-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
If that is true, and You have the time, Tools and a place to do the work...Offer 6000 and see if they go away or if that cash in your hand goes $$ to there eyes.I wouldn't as Mine is really more that I wanted to do. But, I'll have a really good home when I'm done. That home could be worth up to over 100,000 when done. I have seen some that was going for that much!!
Good luck and whatever your decision It's your decision, Not anyone else's.Have a good one, Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Had a 76 GMC Eleganza. From what I see and the amount of interior work needing done, offer 8,000. Have to ask on the engine and tranny. May needing a rebuild depending on milage. Engine good for 100k (about). Lots of parts available..it's the labor that can be a killer.
Good luck.