Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pollock, LA
Posts: 81
Where are those beautiful ceiling pictures?

I have a new-to-me '89 Chieftain that I am finally able to do roof/ceiling repairs on. I have gutted the front half ceiling, repaired the leaks, and am now ready to put the ceiling back together. After applying the luan and foam, I am thinking of going up with new vinyl.
Several months ago, I saw on this or another forum a thread that showed a repair that someone else had done. It involved a white headliner divided off with what appeared to be varnished oak furring strips. I would like to do something similar, but I can't for the life of me find that thread again. If I remember correctly, there were also pictures of a mirrored ceiling on the same thread.
Is there anyone out there that remembers also seeing those pictures that can help me find them? I would be forever beholdin' to yer.
__________________

__________________
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Member
 
DeadRinger's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 51
There's a really cool 3d type of light you could put in there but it was REALLY expensive.
__________________

__________________
2000 Monaco Diplamat
DeadRinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Theberrys's Avatar


 
National RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,605
Here are pictures of the treatment I gave our ceiling.
http://sdrv.ms/STTpDY

Dick
__________________
1999 Tradewinds 7372 Cat 3126
Albuquerque, NM
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
bagobago's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Try this link
Repairing drooping headliner
I searched several months ago because ours was drooping also.
We used some 3M spray adhesive after pushing it back under the strips that run across the ceiling. Still looks good.
__________________
bagobago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brockx's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Punta Gorda FL.
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by knugent View Post
I have a new-to-me '89 Chieftain that I am finally able to do roof/ceiling repairs on. I have gutted the front half ceiling, repaired the leaks, and am now ready to put the ceiling back together. After applying the luan and foam, I am thinking of going up with new vinyl.
Several months ago, I saw on this or another forum a thread that showed a repair that someone else had done. It involved a white headliner divided off with what appeared to be varnished oak furring strips. I would like to do something similar, but I can't for the life of me find that thread again. If I remember correctly, there were also pictures of a mirrored ceiling on the same thread.
Is there anyone out there that remembers also seeing those pictures that can help me find them? I would be forever beholdin' to yer.
There were several threads on sagging and drooping headliners on this forum. Do a search, I remember most of them were 90's Winnies. I was thinking about buying a 94 that had the problem. The wood strips seemed very feasible to me, just cut them to an exact length and power staple to roof, fill and stain or paint. I just tried "sagging headliners" and got some good hits.
__________________
2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pollock, LA
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Here are pictures of the treatment I gave our ceiling.
http://sdrv.ms/STTpDY

Dick
Dick, that is an unbelievable job, but I am smart enough to know that I have WAY too little talent and skill to do something that grand!
__________________
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pollock, LA
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
There were several threads on sagging and drooping headliners on this forum. Do a search, I remember most of them were 90's Winnies. I was thinking about buying a 94 that had the problem. The wood strips seemed very feasible to me, just cut them to an exact length and power staple to roof, fill and stain or paint. I just tried "sagging headliners" and got some good hits.
What am I doing wrong? I searched "sagging headliner" under all forums, and all that came up was my own, original post.
__________________
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brockx's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Punta Gorda FL.
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by knugent View Post
What am I doing wrong? I searched "sagging headliner" under all forums, and all that came up was my own, original post.
Are you logged in when you search??

Use the top search not the blog.

Be sure Threads is checked, not posts

Type in sagging headliner

I just tried it again to be sure, got several hits.
__________________
2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pollock, LA
Posts: 81
I am ready now to begin gluing the blue-board foam insulation to the luan. I have a few pieces that broke apart on me, and I need to replace them. I have not been able to find this type of foam locally. Does anyone know who carries it? Mine is 1 1/2 inches thick. The closest I can find is 2 in. thick and is made of that very light white, unfaced styrofoam. Also, is the blue board the type of foam that contact cement will not harm?
__________________
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,833
Here is a link for sagging ceiling posts.
__________________

__________________
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ceiling



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.