Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why don't you call the PDI guy and ask him where it's located? BTW, the bay door, where my generator is located, does have a factory installed lock.

Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One would wonder if for some reason it were removed. But if your inspector guy noted the propane level it must be there. Unless maybe somehow a portable or otherwise removable tank was there and now is not.

Do let us know if the outcome here. Inquiring minds want to know. (-:

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
maybe they are looking for a bbq type tank ? and dont known what a frame mount tank looks like ? they may have seen a tank and thinks it a water tank ?
Old 03-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #18

I actually thought this thread was a joke. Apparently not. Oooops!
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:05 AM   #19

Yes, it is very strange, but it is not unlike our first experience with someone claiming to be an RV expert, so nothing surprises us right now. That the pre-purchase inspector stated its presence, and that he later as the failed pre-trip RV service person mentioned the LP gas tank gauge being "3/4 full" means nothing, as we've come to find out his word & supposed expertise is worth about the contents of a black water tank! A tough lesson to learn as newbie RV owners!
We will crawl under the rig tomorrow and conduct a more thorough search. We are now guessing the tank was taken out for some reason & never put back. We'll see tomorrow if its there or if we have to fork over yet more big dollars for a new one.
Safe travels!
Old 03-26-2016, 02:06 AM   #20

Don't blame you! It feels like a joke! A bad joke! Lol!
Old 03-26-2016, 03:58 AM   #21

I have always wondered what a "RV Inspector" really does. I would want them to check the frame, look for water leaks, check the slides, look for rust, check the engine fluids and run the engine, run the generator. It seems most of them just check to make sure the appliances work(maybe), do a quick look around for anything obvious and then take your money.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:44 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
I have always wondered what a "RV Inspector" really does. I would want them to check the frame, look for water leaks, check the slides, look for rust, check the engine fluids and run the engine, run the generator. It seems most of them just check to make sure the appliances work(maybe), do a quick look around for anything obvious and then take your money.
I am not an inspector, I do have a check list that took me over three hours to check everything off as I inspected my own MH before purchase. What few things I found helped me lower the price. (needed ball joints) Or perhaps the owner got tiered of having me in his driveway by then.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #23

I understand. We have never used an inspector since we didn't understand what they could bring to the table that we couldn't do ourselves and we know what we are looking for based on experience. Maybe if you are a newbie but then the inspector brings a false sense of "everything is OK".

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
If your stove works then you have a tank someplace.
Great idea IF the gas valve is on now.
If the tank has been removed you should see a compartment which has no floor or back in it or someone has closed it in by some means. It would stand out if it were altered IMO.
I can't imagine a propane tank without an fill valve installed where it would be easily accessible. Not too many workers at fill stations would be willing to crawl under a MH dragging a hose to fill someone's tank.
Did you get books or manuals with the MH? They might be helpful. Did the inspector check water heater, refrigerator and stove operation or just assume they worked?
I'd be talking to your so called inspector very soon. If he found a gauge he should be willing to come by and show you where it is. Or, did he just check the level on the panel inside which shows water level, waste tank levels and battery charge level?
If this inspector mislead you, you have a good case for being compensated for your loss if it went to a small claims court. Keep a copy of the inspection report handy.
Lynn
Old 03-26-2016, 08:23 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I will tell you our Propane tank on our 1982 Pace Arrow by Fleetwood is behind a side door we call the basement compartments and is located behind the driver side front wheel. It doesn't have a lock on it.
My generator door has a factory installed lock on it.
Both front and rear bumpers have a PROPANE sticker on them on the side of where the tank is located. The way they look I believe they have been there for a long time. Like 34 years... Does yours ?
I'll bet a dime to a donut it has been removed. The size of the tank is not hard to miss.
Happy hunting and lets us know the results.
and by the way,
http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/sm...cometoiRV2.GIF
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
propane tank

this is what you are looking for it might be white or silver or gray
hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3824.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	122348  
Old 03-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #27
CORONADO 1993

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1993 Coronado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikermike View Post
On our 1993 Fleetwood Coronado 29r, the l.p. tank is located on the passenger side two compartments to the rear of the entry door.
We bought a 1993 Fleetwood Coronado last summer.So far only one real trip from Michigan to Arkansas.We have put about 2000 miles on it since when we bought it with 31000. It's a model 28f spent almost all of it's life in california.Been doing lots of upgrades.We plan on a lot of long distance trips this year.If you still have yours would love to hear from you.It's not everyday you see another Coronado owner.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
maybe they are looking for a bbq type tank ? and dont known what a frame mount tank looks like ? they may have seen a tank and thinks it a water tank ?
That's what I'm thinking probably don't know what a chassis mounted tank looks like.

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, gas, tank