Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
What's a repair shop?
Are they where you take your laundry?!? Some of my friends are allways talking about "Being taken to the Cleaners" when they go there. LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #30

Before I had gotten my '75 Itasca. I was watching one of those shows about the Sturgis motorcycle ralley My Late Mother in law turned in her chair and told me I shouldnt have any regrets like she did and that I should go up there, well my DW agreed with her. So I started to think about putting together a small trailer with some basic things in it to haul my bike up there and have a place to stay. well a few months later I was at my friends farm and they were talking about sending this motor home they had been given to the scrap yard. well long story short I gave them the money they would have gotten from the scrap yard. I got the rig running with some help from a friend of mine who knew how to get the older GMC stuff running, did a quick clean on the inside (evicted the mice and their homes) power washed the outside of all the mold and moss and brought it home on Christmas morning. Nobody in the family knew about the Camper so when I got everybody to go upstairs to see it they were all in shock and disbelief.
So thats my story of obtaining our Camper.
PS My avatar is the picture of the camper the night before Christmas when it was parked two doors up from our house. They saw it but never had a clue!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
What's a repair shop?
It's the place you pay for the rig a 2nd time

I actually do most of my own stuff but on a rig this big there are some things I just don't have the tools to work on (mainly drivetrain stuff - underneath it's a class 8 truck).
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Are they where you take your laundry?!? Some of my friends are allways talking about "Being taken to the Cleaners" when they go there. LOL
Ha ha. That's funny!

I figure, new RVs are for those who can't fix their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
It's the place you pay for the rig a 2nd time

I actually do most of my own stuff but on a rig this big there are some things I just don't have the tools to work on (mainly drivetrain stuff - underneath it's a class 8 truck).
I joke around but there is always something that needs a professional.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Grog, Great story, I saw the picture and the bow/ribbing and thought that would look good permanently, Great Present,
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #34

I purchased my 1990 Superchief from my neighbor last March who has had it since 1993. He took excellent care of it and added many extras including an after market slide out. We drove from Arizona and Canada and back last summer. Paid $8,000!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertandkim View Post
I purchased my 1990 Superchief from my neighbor last March who has had it since 1993. He took excellent care of it and added many extras including an after market slide out. We drove from Arizona and Canada and back last summer. Paid $8,000!
An aftermarket slide? That sounds really neat!! Not to hijack the thread but I'd love to see pics of that, DW wife and I love our coach but also would love to have a slide!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Me too.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #37

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Hey Grog, Great story, I saw the picture and the bow/ribbing and thought that would look good permanently, Great Present,
tb
Well after I finish getting the outside water tight I looking at giving it a bit of a modern paint job. I might have to incorporate a small ribbon and bow just to give it a link to its roots!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #38

This one is listed locally here in North Central PA...likely covered in about 2 feet of snow..

1972 SHASTA 30' TRAVEL TRAILER - $500 (COGAN STATION)

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap

6459 LYCOMING CREEK RD

1972 Shasta 30ft Travel Trailer, built strong and sturdy. Sleeps 6, with full bathroom including a bathtub, propane lights, heat and oven/stove. Lots of storage space and is registered/tagged with title. great condition and very comfortable. THINK SPRING! FIRST $500 TAKES IT. And is towable/movable
Please serious inquiries
Thank You Kindly,
Mickie
Text or call 570-246-1893
Old 02-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool trailer nice inside too.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Found our 1987 Rockwood Class A (32') in a local Craigs list-2K! Did put on new tires asap.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by danddclydes View Post
This one is listed locally here in North Central PA...likely covered in about 2 feet of snow..

1972 SHASTA 30' TRAVEL TRAILER - $500 (COGAN STATION)

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap

6459 LYCOMING CREEK RD

1972 Shasta 30ft Travel Trailer, built strong and sturdy. Sleeps 6, with full bathroom including a bathtub, propane lights, heat and oven/stove. Lots of storage space and is registered/tagged with title. great condition and very comfortable. THINK SPRING! FIRST $500 TAKES IT. And is towable/movable
Please serious inquiries
Thank You Kindly,
Mickie
Text or call 570-246-1893
I used to live not too far from there and drove right past there regularly. Probably even saw it at one time or another. That was many years ago.
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #42

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
Smile

We had been looking for 6 months, first trying to learn what we wanted and then trying to find something that fit our wants for a price we could afford. We budgeted $10,000 for the purchase AND the necessary repairs and upgrades, etc. Thru R/V Trader .com we found a dealer in Napa that had one that seemed right - and it was. A 1987 24' Travelmaster in pretty fair condition for $5000. Another $1500 for front end (steering) work and another $1500 for new tires and we're still under budget.

Tags
vintage