Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #43

1971 Cox Conestoga - Found in Thrifty Nickle (local paper, like craigslist) $180

1967 Serro-Scotty - Was beside a house, looked to be abandoned. Talked to owner about it and he gave it to me free

1966 Dodge Mitchell - My friend originally found it in a Salvation Army lot. He neglected it for 9 or 10 years. Called and asked if I wanted it. Free

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #44

1993 rockwood 32ft diesel pusher, 54k miles, found on CL, wanted 9500, I offered 8k, and he took it. There were some issues, but overall I don't think I could have found a diesel pusher cheaper. Hope we get it to the point that we can camp without worrying about leaky roof; and get the minor mechanicals sorted - tires balanced and a tuneup.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Craig's List... wasn't looking for a vintage, just an older used one so we could try things out... came here, and realized that I had a 'vintage' which changed my mindset a bit and I fell in love with her and want to keep her fixed up and looking as good as an old lady can look and keep her out of the salvage yard as long as it is feasible for us!
1st time in the shop, she had an offer from a fella there that was into old vintage Motor Homes....that's when I knew keeping her fixed up was the right thing to do.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #46

My story is about the 1995 Safari TREK we bought new. It's not quite vintage but this seemed an appropriate thread for comment.

In 1999, my wife showed our TREK to some friends who liked it so much, they bought a new one. In 2009, just before our trip to the west coast, the friend came by wanting to sell their 1999 TREK. I wasn't interested, even though his price was pretty good. After we returned, the guy came by again, and lowered his price $5000. This was $10-15,000 under market price and was just too good to pass up - especially as our '95 had 137,000 miles. We found a quick buyer for the '95, and got a 1999 version with 85,000 fewer miles. It had always been stored inside, and had a good 'ol gas 454 engine instead of the Chevrolet 6.5 Turbo Diesel that required considerable $ to keep running.

I think these people wanted us to have their TREK since we were always giving them information and advice because it was their first RV. It pays to be nice to people!
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Almost vintage, 20 years young this year! Found our HR on the salvage auction site. Usually they remove the license plates but not on this one. I was able to track the previous owner down and called since the auction had listed it as non-running. Found out everything was good, didn't start because all six batteries were dead from the master left on. Non-runner status must have scared off most buyers, I bought it for $8500 with damage from a deer hit. Have repaired all damage and we love this coach. Total budget, well I'll let you know when we quit upgrading....
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Afc-Jr... very nice work!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #49

After a 10 year hiatus from rving, due to work reasons, my wife and I decided that we had missed it long enough. We were looking for something in good shape that would not cost a fortune based on the limited time we might have to get away and use it. It was on Craigslist that I found a 1988 Beaver listed for sale. After talking to the seller a few times I was enticed enough to drive 4 hrs in a snowstorm to see it. I was just impressed with the overall quality when I saw it up close. It had only 63k miles on it and the rest as they say, is history. That was in 2009. This will be our 5th season enjoying this fine old coach.

In the years we owned it, we've updated some things and replaced others but we still haven't spent anywhere near what a newer one would cost. And all the while we're travelling in a rig that stands out because it doesn't look like every other one out there.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #50

Saw this on our local craigslist today... Decent old Pace Arrow for someone handy.
1986 pace arrow
Old 03-24-2014, 06:13 AM   #51

Went to a farm auction with my brother and boss. My brother pointed it out to me. Got it for $1250 I may have over paid. No one big against me.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #52

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks nice any more Pictures?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #53

Twin beds upstairs. Not ideal but very comfy.

A little messy but its winter storage

Door with the mirror is the bathroom with little bath tub and shower. Works pretty good as long as I dont get any taller (or fatter).
Old 03-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #54

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks good, won't be long now to take her out. Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #55

I wanted to do a early camping trip but it just wont stop snowing. Its coming down pretty good right now.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #56

Vintage RV Owners Club
after our 2002 23 ft travelaire trailer burnt in our home fire last November I put a wanted ad in KIJIJI. we had 3 motorhomes in last 35 yrs. always liked them better than pulling the trailer. we orignally paid $6500 for the trailer 6 yrs ago. Insurance paid us $6500 for it and said to keep the salvage. I replaced all the melted trim and access doors for less than $400.00 and resold it for $5500.00 . and gave all the money from the 2 payments to the wife. she just retired from 38 yrs teaching kindergarten , and only gets $321. 00 month now till shes 65.. so she was happy. we looked at 4 different class c minihomes, 3 were Ford 460s. nope, dont want to know all the gas jockeys names and history between here and Kamloops BC. I recieved a email from fellow in Hinton ,Alberta. he has his Dads 79 Vanguard 23 fter with a 400 auto and only 52,000 kms on it, he just lent it to a friend who was going to take it to Mexico for the winter, they installed all new springs. brakes. tires ,both fuel tanks and batterys. then did not go. so he would sell it for the repair bill of $3500.00 .so away we went in January and bought it. drove great, only thing is the fuel gauge reads 1/4 when full? since then, replaced 1 battery ( was froze) bought new chrome wheel simulaters,a AMFM cassette. ( still had a 8 track) put a Antique licence plate on it too. we have a lake lot 40 miles from here so we dont plan on touring with it.
Attached Images

Tags
vintage