Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Hossrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Question Where to get this kind of internal trim?

I have a 1996 Class C and am rebuilding the water damaged bunk above the cab. Anyone know where I can get the type of interior trim as in the photo? Not looking for the same color, but the functionality (cause of the groove, it can do inside corners, outside corners, flat, and non-90 degree corners).

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160806_172843.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	135118  
__________________

__________________
Hossrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
RV Enthusiast
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,794
Hello,
Not much help to you at the moment as far as an idea of where to find that trim. But, a suggestion; it may be possible to take flat stock and router that groove down the middle.

Best regards,
W.D.
__________________

__________________
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Hossrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hello,
Not much help to you at the moment as far as an idea of where to find that trim. But, a suggestion; it may be possible to take flat stock and router that groove down the middle.

Best regards,
W.D.
If I can find the right product, that might be possible. It has a wall paper like covering on it, which without, I believe it would just snap in two if bent.
__________________
Hossrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #4
RV Enthusiast
 
Electra 225's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,794
Yeah that may be a challenge. I wonder then if you could apply a decorative vinyl adhesive contact paper (of your liking) to the one side and accomplish the same as factory? Maybe even double layer it to add strength.

Regards,
W.D.
__________________
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
I know it's a late replay, but I just stumbled on your question.

I used that exact type of trim moulding when rebuilding my '62 Traveleze. I picket it up because it matched the new paneling I was installing. I found it at a local retailer called Mr. Plywood in Portland, OR.
__________________
edog1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Hossrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog1973 View Post
I know it's a late replay, but I just stumbled on your question.

I used that exact type of trim moulding when rebuilding my '62 Traveleze. I picket it up because it matched the new paneling I was installing. I found it at a local retailer called Mr. Plywood in Portland, OR.
Wow thanks for the info! My parents live in Portland, I'll check it out next time I'm down there!
__________________
Hossrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:09 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
spritz's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: c above
Posts: 4,877
I believe HD or Manards would Carrie it. Or a lumber yard
JMO,
Tim
__________________
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad: 1999 Deville Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Hossrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Well, I contacted Manards and had them look at the photo and they replied with... "Thank you for your patience. Our specialist checked with our vendors and regrettably we do not carry this molding. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

I went to HD and Lowes, they don't have it either. Will try a couple local lumber yards in case they have it. Otherwise Portland is my last hope. After that, will need to see about some regular moulding or something else creative.
__________________
Hossrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossrod View Post
Well, I contacted Manards and had them look at the photo and they replied with... "Thank you for your patience. Our specialist checked with our vendors and regrettably we do not carry this molding. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

I went to HD and Lowes, they don't have it either. Will try a couple local lumber yards in case they have it. Otherwise Portland is my last hope. After that, will need to see about some regular moulding or something else creative.
2 years ago I had to replace the whole roof on my parent's rockwood class c took about a month to do the dog house and ceiling under the a/c unit were trashed . so a total re-build of the roof , structure rubber roof vent's you name it. I found a place in elkhart ind. for the wall paper material and ceiling material I believe it was $ 500.00 for half a role and just ripper the strips of plywood and made my own with some of the scrap ceiling material raped it over the strip's attached it all done,
__________________
steppinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #10
tcg
Senior Member
 
tcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 169
Try a mobile home supply store. Last time I was in Florida there were several stores with all kinds of stuff like that.
__________________
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Hossrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Try a mobile home supply store. Last time I was in Florida there were several stores with all kinds of stuff like that.
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about these places. Searched google and found a couple local stores. One had an online catalog with a picture of the trim! http://mobilehomesupply.com/images/s...uperior_22.pdf

It's called hinged batt trim. Searching google for this term found multiple places that sell it online as well.

Again, thanks!
__________________
Hossrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #12
tcg
Senior Member
 
tcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossrod View Post
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about these places. Searched google and found a couple local stores. One had an online catalog with a picture of the trim! http://mobilehomesupply.com/images/s...uperior_22.pdf

It's called hinged batt trim. Searching google for this term found multiple places that sell it online as well.

Again, thanks!
Cool.

I know when I'm looking for something unusual or even very common most of the battle is figuring out what something is called in order to search for it.
__________________

__________________
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roof Liner - How To Get Trim Piece Off? Nomad Mike Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 9 12-21-2015 09:32 AM
What kind of mileage do you get? DaveA56 Outdoors RV Owner's Forum 47 11-28-2015 02:16 PM
What kind of dog should I get? Beckers RV'ing with Pets 24 08-10-2012 10:53 PM
I need to get paint off ext window trim muddybrute Vintage RV's 9 02-11-2011 05:00 PM
Internal water pressure regulator jerry davis Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 2 04-14-2006 02:29 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.