Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #29

Nor'easters Club
Cool Thread! I've already got some new ideas... Is this a good or bad thing??? OK, so I'll freely admit I am an eternal tinkerer. The RV is really the perfect hobby for me.

My favorite mods so far? I'll reserve the right to change the order!

1. Flush mounted Solar Panels and a full MPPT Solar charging system.
2. LED lighting (make boondocking REALLY easy)
3. New Heavier Duty Suspension. Wow..what a difference in handling and ground clearance!
4. New Technology battery monitoring system that I can read from the bedroom.

I keep changing and adding things. So many of them cannot be seen. Like the heavy duty reinforcement under the closet floor so I can use it as a main pantry/food storage area.

I try and write about what I do (and take pictures) for the various RV publications I write for. Sometimes it seems that I do more than I take pictures...chalk that up to enthusiasm!

If you want to look at some of them, there is a link to my articles in my signature. It will bring you to the latest one...on the right side the page will let you look at older ones.

Keep talking mods!!

Rich "The Wanderman"

Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
So about a case of beer then?
No.....haven't you ever worked on an RV. You have to save the beer for while you're working on the it or you'll go crazy.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderman View Post
Cool Thread! I've already got some new ideas... Is this a good or bad thing??? OK, so I'll freely admit I am an eternal tinkerer. The RV is really the perfect hobby for me.

My favorite mods so far? I'll reserve the right to change the order!

1. Flush mounted Solar Panels and a full MPPT Solar charging system.
2. LED lighting (make boondocking REALLY easy)
3. New Heavier Duty Suspension. Wow..what a difference in handling and ground clearance!
4. New Technology battery monitoring system that I can read from the bedroom.

I keep changing and adding things. So many of them cannot be seen. Like the heavy duty reinforcement under the closet floor so I can use it as a main pantry/food storage area.

I try and write about what I do (and take pictures) for the various RV publications I write for. Sometimes it seems that I do more than I take pictures...chalk that up to enthusiasm!

If you want to look at some of them, there is a link to my articles in my signature. It will bring you to the latest one...on the right side the page will let you look at older ones.

Keep talking mods!!

Rich "The Wanderman"
Rich- read many of your blog posts with great enjoyment. Thanks for taking the time to take the pix and videos, as well as your good writing.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #32

National RV Owners Club
The mod that I most like that I have had done was to plumb an external LP connection to my rig. I can take my Costco stainless steel BBQ and nice long hose and easy set up just about anywhere without having to drag around those darned external LP tanks. Just a quick connection, takes 2 seconds and viola.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #33

We have a '73 GMC and we love it.

I have changed some of the lighting to LED and Fluorescent, and hung a microwave over the stove (these were not very available in 1973) and done some technical modernization to the driveline that was not available when it was built.

I did change out the old buzz-box for a PD converter - great idea, I now put a whole pint of water in the last 4 years.

The two biggest though were changing out the 8-track for a CD player with a remote so we can adjust the music (or whatever) from the back of the coach and, adding the cross-connect so I can fill the potable tank from the city water connection. That last is real convenient.

Matt
Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
Yes, here's a public link to an album I have posted on my Facebook page: Motorhome Before and After | Facebook

Here's another link of the nav unit and drop down LCD tv that I installed: Entertainment System Install | Facebook

Wow! What u guy's did is awsome! Think I want to keep my 83 Pace Arrow ..aka Space Arrow now and reovate it..good job!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #35

Best mod I ever did to my last Vintage MH (1970 Ford Scamper) was install a woodstove...the "Space Arrow" is going to get one soon I think...lol
Old 06-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLNSMOKE

Wow! What u guy's did is awsome! Think I want to keep my 83 Pace Arrow ..aka Space Arrow now and reovate it..good job!
Good idea! It was made on a reliable chassis and probably like our it is paid for. Every part of our remodel we only did when we had some extra money. I love the newer motor homes, buy now instead of paying the bank I go camping.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC
We have a '73 GMC and we love it.

adding the cross-connect so I can fill the potable tank from the city water connection.

Matt
I have been looking for something like this, where did you get yours from?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater

Good idea! It was made on a reliable chassis and probably like our it is paid for. Every part of our remodel we only did when we had some extra money. I love the newer motor homes, buy now instead of paying the bank I go camping.
Ya i often want to stay camping another day but then my friends say no.. Can't sfford it... Lol
I just priced a new toy hauler out..37000... Think i'll stick with my mh... Lol
I am going to send u a message, i have a few questions to ask about your fridge etc..,
Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Very Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
Yes, here's a public link to an album I have posted on my Facebook page: Motorhome Before and After | Facebook

Here's another link of the nav unit and drop down LCD tv that I installed: Entertainment System Install | Facebook
I love what you did with the dinette. I would love to do something like that with mine.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357

I love what you did with the dinette. I would love to do something like that with mine.
Thank you! It is a constant improvement effort. Once we complete one thing we (my wife) thinks of something else to upgrade. My wife and I also assisted on the remodel of my in-laws 1986 Itasca Windcruiser. I have posted a couple of photos of it as well in an album in my photo section. Check that out and let me know what you think.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater

Thank you! It is a constant improvement effort. Once we complete one thing we (my wife) thinks of something else to upgrade. My wife and I also assisted on the remodel of my in-laws 1986 Itasca Windcruiser. I have posted a couple of photos of it as well in an album in my photo section. Check that out and let me know what you think.
I cant find your picture section, can u post a link?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLNSMOKE View Post
I cant find your picture section, can u post a link?
This should get you to the page that has all the photos of my in-laws motor home.
In-laws 1986 Itasca Windcruiser - iRV2.com RV Photo Gallery

Once in there you can clink on my username and that should take you to other photos that I have up loaded.

Tags
vintage