Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Windshield washer parts

The PO removed the entire washer system, I have started to replace it and have already installed the reservoir, and I found that the connector that connects the larger tube from under the hood to the smaller tube that runs to the wiper blade/arm needs to be replaced, and I have not been able to locate the replacements, I have attached a link to a photo of what I am looking for that was posted in one of my blogs, see below:

1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Owners Manuals: Reinstalling a windshield washer

My motorhome is a 83 Pace Arrow but I am pretty sure that the part I need is rather universal, can anyone link me to a source?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Parts like that can be found at the old fashioned hardware stores. Home Depot ant\d the like don't carry them, but you can fab something up if you have to.
J

Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWINGER2 View Post
Parts like that can be found at the old fashioned hardware stores. Home Depot ant\d the like don't carry them, but you can fab something up if you have to.
J
That is what I thought also, and I went to 2 box hardware stores and 2 small hardware stores and was unable to find the part and or find the parts to make the part, due to the size of the tube, and the small barbs.

I finally located a store on line that I thought the price was right, but when it came to shipping they wanted to charge me as much to ship as it was for the total of the cost for the parts, so I am holding off hoping to locate the parts where the shipping won't bust the bank.

I guess time will tell
Old 01-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
You can also get the part from the Stepvan Catalog, item F.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found mine that look like yours at O'Reilly Auto Parts in the help parts section.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #6

Wrong department...

Since we are talking low pressure water in small sizes, go to the irrigation department where they have sprinklers and DRIP IRRIGATION.

Here you will find all kinds of barbed connectors for micro-irrigation, if you are in the north it may be a little more difficult, then check the yellow pages.

You may need to go to a irrigation specialty store to find the correct size.

Then there is always Napa, they may have something.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Feedback

Thanks for all of the feedback I was able to locate parts that will work finally on ebay, I appreciate all of the suggestions.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #8

My Itasca just has the rubber line run thru the cowl. Unless you really want the fitting it isn't necessary.
Bought the washer nozzles from Auto Zone.