Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wiper blades for 83 Fleetwood Pace Arrow

All day today I drove all over town to try and locate replacing wiper refills, for this motor-home. Being the are wider I had no luck.

Can anyone recommend a good source for these 20" wiper blade either refill or entire assembly, which ever is the best value and the easiest to locate. I understand base on a searched either the Tru Vision TV5-20 or Trico 72-200 will fit this motor-home.

I don't care who make them, as long as they are the correct wiper, and does anyone know why the blade are much wider than normal wipers, I just don't know what I don't know.

Which ever way I go, I want to be able to find these blades easily, if that is possible. I would prefer not to have to buy them on-line but if it is the cheapest source , meaning the best overall value, than that is not a problems.

Thanks for the feed back, and I am learning more about this motor-home every week.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #2

NAPA Auto Parts should have them, along with a Chevy or GMC or other medium truck dealer.
If you have a truck parts supply house near you they should also have them.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #3

i had the same they are twice as wide. you might look around i had a local landmark auto bought a pair for $6.00 you (refils) you will have to remove the metal ends to install not hard. auto zone,orilley couldnt help dont have a napa around
keep us informed
dave
Old 08-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Napa feed back

Thank for the feed back I will try and get by a Napa store this week and afterward I will post my findings.

I have never seen a Landmark Auto Part Store in my area so they must be regional.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
NAPA Auto Parts

OK, as I said I would I did go to NAPA, and the first guy tried to sell me something off the shelf, just because it was 20" and only after I refused it he has someone else working in the store who directed him to go into the back to find a Heavy Duty refill, which they were out of stock, but they were wide enough so I ordered them and the model number # 60-2008 for the 20" total price for 2 refills was $18.68 out the door, and they told me to pick them up today sometime after 2 PM.

Whem2fish you said that the metal ends have to be removed what are you referring to? Please provide me with more of an explanation.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Whem2fish you said that the metal ends have to be removed what are you referring to? Please provide me with more of an explanation
They are the retaining clips that hold the rubber in place, and keep them from sliding out - be sure to keep all the pieces from your old set until you have the new setup installed and working correctly...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
OK so I already made my first mistake, did not think about having to save anything but the frame, I have already thrown away those clips on one of the wipers, will they be needed on the new blades?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
OK so I already made my first mistake, did not think about having to save anything but the frame, I have already thrown away those clips on one of the wipers, will they be needed on the new blades?
Most likely, if the replacement is only a slide-in of the rubber part - there is often a pair of thin full-length stainless steel stiffeners for the blades as well that must be re-used...
Old 08-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Strike 2 now need complete wiper blade

Well that confirms it, I destroyed those stiffeners also, so that is strike 2, so now I guess I must locate a buy another complete arm, so can anyone direct me to a vendor who sell the complete 20" heavy duty Fleetwood motor-home blade assemblies?

If not can anyone provide me with acceptable replacement that will work until I find an original one?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #10

Why not just wait until you have the actual replacements in hand - the supplied "accessories" vary by brand - and the ones you get may have all the other parts included. I have has some come with, and some without - so wait it out...
Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #11

mine came complete dont worry i bet it has the 2 ends you need just watch how they come apart its not hard
dave
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #12

If you end up needing arms NAPA should be able to get those as well.

Tags
wiper blade