Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 683
wiper washer nozzle

I have those fancy two arm wipers that keep the blade staright up and down.
The bolt that attaches the blades to the arm also attaches a little nozzle that sprays water up and down the blade. Where can I get new nozzles?
__________________

__________________
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Is your broke or just clogged?

I would think that you could find a generic replacement at just about any parts store..
__________________

__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Is your broke or just clogged?

I would think that you could find a generic replacement at just about any parts store..
You would think that, but here in Miami, all is different, when you walk in and say hello and they respond with "OLA" things just go downhill from there.

One guy at auto zone showed me a set of clip on's that has purple lights in them, don't want a clip on, want a bolt on set.

Mine are deteriorating the hose connection nipples will not stay on, all the washer hoses and especialy the nozzels turns my hands black when you touch them.

I want to replace it all. The pump works great and for a big rig it has very tiny resevoir, the one in my jeep is twice as big. The nozzels are the kind that squirt in 3 directions, up down and straight back against the window. the whole blade gets wet instantly, they made some cool stuff 20 years ago, I think mine are original
__________________
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Personally, I'd hit up a wrecking yard first..
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
gman69's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
I have those fancy two arm wipers that keep the blade staright up and down.
The bolt that attaches the blades to the arm also attaches a little nozzle that sprays water up and down the blade. Where can I get new nozzles?
i have the same ones on my 87 bounder. i got replacements from one of the bus suppliers (i'm on the road now, and don't have the exact dealer). however try Mill Supply Index or Windshield Washers

You have a wet arm system.

mine were originally metal. they aren't made anymore. the replacements are plastic. the actual nozzle is adjustable with a small screwdriver. however, the hole that the bolt goes thru on the plastic ones are smaller than what you have. VERY carefully, drill out, progressively, working your way from a small bit to the size needed. if you drill immediately with the big bit needed (1/4" if i remember) you will crack the plastic (don't ask me how i know).

here's a thread and some pics of what i had. early bounder windshield washer nozzles
__________________
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman69 View Post
i have the same ones on my 87 bounder. i got replacements from one of the bus suppliers (i'm on the road now, and don't have the exact dealer). however try Mill Supply Index or Windshield Washers

You have a wet arm system.

mine were originally metal. they aren't made anymore. the replacements are plastic. the actual nozzle is adjustable with a small screwdriver. however, the hole that the bolt goes thru on the plastic ones are smaller than what you have. VERY carefully, drill out, progressively, working your way from a small bit to the size needed. if you drill immediately with the big bit needed (1/4" if i remember) you will crack the plastic (don't ask me how i know).

here's a thread and some pics of what i had. early bounder windshield washer nozzles

__________________

__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wiper Question TRD Vintage RV's 1 03-02-2012 08:52 AM
Bell washer replacement hillbillyhtl Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion 2 02-29-2012 09:42 PM
washer/dryer bjo Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 11 02-28-2012 07:39 PM
Washer/Dryer install Rusty1014 Monaco Owner's Forum 4 02-26-2012 10:04 PM
washer jackh MH-General Discussions & Problems 5 02-23-2012 09:50 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.