Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
PVC Pipe and Tarps are your friend.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
if I can get the engine part figured out, I can do that in the late day when the sun is behind the trees. The painting is out in the sun for most of the day.If I can get that done without blistering the paint I can put the back end together. I wish there was something I could use but It would be too tall and the winds here would take it like a sail!! I hope that I can get it done this week. If I wait till the sun goes behind the trees I can paint then and it will dry overnight and the next day the sun can bake the paint on. Sounds like a plan. I will try this weekend.

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I guess it is a motorhome, It runs and it has a front end and?? The back?

I have the back to finish tomorrow! I may have to dodge the rain and other weather!

I will have the rest done this week and next week, The awning and the roof will take about three weeks!!

I will finish it after that, Just little stuff!

That's all folks!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
I still think I should have got a travel trailer and a pickup!! But I guess I will stay with this one till someone crunches it!!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 AM   #19

Capt.Dan,
All my life I have second guess what I did with a project and how I could have,should have done one thing or another.This time,when I get to that mind frame,I'm going to remind myself that right now this is what I can afford.So for me,it doesn't matter what it costs as long as I can find a way to pay for the next thing.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, I know, Hindsight!!! 20/20!
It just seems that every time I do one thing it turns into about 20! I would have the same with a trailer or fifth wheel or any other type of unit. I guess it just gets to you when the chute above your head opens up and..its all poop!!
I know I will be happy when its done but the repairs being done seem sometimes overwhelming!! I guess there is a psychological mindset to this as well!! When its done everything will be okay. But , while you are doing the repairs, It is a mind boggling experience!!! I have built up all kinds of vehicles and vans to camp in but this time it has been different. I don't know if it is age,[mine], or what but I am burnt out right now.
I guess I need to take a vacation from this detail and go somewhere...? fishing or??? Take it easy and just blob out for awhile!! All I have done in the last four years is work on me, the coach or take care of family and travel at sometimes high rates of speed to get somewhere before they... died and I'm tired,I guess. This last week I have been laying there in the bed, counting sheep!! I'm getting about 4-5 hours of sleep, Sometimes and not as much other times.Last night I actually got 6 1/2 hours of sleep!! I don't know...I will be better once it is all done and we can go anywhere to do anything other than a funeral or to take care of a in law or ??
I know, I'm rambling. Sorry about that! I will try and hang in there,Capt.Dan
Old 08-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #21

Capt.Dan,

Let see.A new RV like your todays money would cost from $175,000 to $250.000.Right?.Guest your money up huh.Keep your head up,don't let it get to you,and we'll meet some day at a campsite.I'll bring the 1981 Winnebago and it will be like I brought the old folks(M)home with me.LOL.

Oh yeah,going to be 60 this Sept.Kind of fitting that I own the Wimmebago I do.

BWT-my ceiling repair,man that blue board sure is glued to the roof.Fighting me every inch.Grrrrrrrr.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
20,September If I make it I will be 56! Feels like 156!!!! Yep, We will have to do that for sure! We have our friends rv and have taken two loads to the storage shed and am ready to hook up the other rv so the fridge can get cold! Will be putting our rv in the shop tomorrow morning and will be about 2-3 weeks till we get it back. Will miss it but not the leaks!!! I will see ya later, Capt.Dan
Old 08-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What I wonder is how many of the current crop of RV's will still be on the road after 28 years. from the ones I have seen at the dealers, I would guess that there won't be many if any.

Seems that there a lot of people we know hitting that magic 60 number. Wife reached it earlier this year and I made it about 2 weeks ago. Hard to believe that our baby daughter will be 35 in August. She is fussing about getting gray hair.

Ken

Ken
Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
...I guess I need to take a vacation from this detail and go somewhere...I'm tired,I guess. This last week I have been laying there in the bed, counting sheep!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are just getting too stressed out over the RV. Add to that the heat and health issues get piled on top of everything. Look back and read some of your posts... You need to just get it to the going point and GO! Soon you can take a little break from it all and be where it is cooler.

When I have trouble sleeping from stress, I drink a cup (or two) of Celestial Seasoning "Sleepytime" herbal tea. It goes a long way to helping me to relax especially paired up with a nice long hot shower. Doesn't work for every one though.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi gal!! How goes the battle?? Tomorrow this one goes to the shop and other than taking pictures, Thats it! The next three weeks are nothing and I'm glad as I would like to sleep and sleep and then maybe sleep???? maybe get some sleep!!!!!
There is no doubt that it is stress! Thats a given, What I don't understand is why the pills are not working??? They knock me out most of the time! Not this last week! I was looking at the clock the other night is was 330hrs, and not a wink! I did get about 6 1/2 hrs last night, but right now... As tired as I am... Not a wink! Maybe I will take two! I should sleep right thru tomorrow!!
I have had another thing going on this week. My cousins car, A 01 Toyota echo, pooped the trans-axle out and she isn't hard on cars and the thing only has a little over 100,000 miles! I thought those Toys are supposed to be SOOO great??? Anyway,I have to help her out so she can afford to do the repairs, so.. It is a five speed model and they were easy till I get to the middle mount! It is for both the engine and the transaxle and they bolted the rack and pinion right next to the mount or designed it after they already had the mount there??? It calls for 12 hours r&r but this thing must have to be worked on by kids or little dwarfs with strong fingers and tools that are made for there hand or fingers! I will get it but I think I should shoot myself in the foot for taking on the job!!
The timing is lousy for sure!! It could have been a few days later and then all this other stuff would have been taken care of, and that would have help kill some time but right now I need around thirty hour days!!
I guess I will survive...Capt.Dan
Old 08-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Hi gal!! How goes the battle?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fiberglass, heat, humidity and gnats!!! Since we are here for another two months, I've broke down and joined Curves. Hopefully I can loose some weight and get a little more energy so I can get my fat butt moving and finish this old crate. It would be so much easier to just sleep late and lay in bed all day in the AC and watch TV! But I wouldn't get anything done that way. Tomorrow is my 3rd time at the Curves. I am finding it easier to get on up in the AM. So much more to do!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
What, The coach don't give you enough workout???
I lost over 40 pds working on the beast!! Is this like rubbing salt in a open wound? Sorry, This one was a good workout. I'm not to sure you would want the fun and games I have had so I guess...Good Luck!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Lorna, I have been resting all weekend long! Sleeping some playing some hurting some today as we have had rain almost all day! Feels like Florida instead of Arizona!!! Temps and Humidity about the same!! Am thinking about going to my sisters and go swin and see if it will make me feel better. Might do that tomorrow. I have that echo to finish but if we can,I'd love to go swimming. Water seems to always make me feel better unless its rain or snow, Then it hurts!!
I only have three to four weeks till we get our home back and I miss it already!! Well see how this works out. Will check in later, Capt.Dan