Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #29

Temps here are supposed to be 101 for Tue/Wed and 98-99 the rest of the week. Of course the humidity is way up there (almost as high as the temps). You can break a sweat just standing still. And then we have the "scattered thunderstorms". Delightfully steamy! Got the back section fiberglassing finished... now I need to do a nice smooth coat of bondo ofer the fiberglass (had to fiberglass over a big pactch to stiffen it). The bondo keeps setting up too fast. I think the aluminum is too hot. I keep putting off any painting because of the aluminum temps.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep!! Those temps are way to hot to work with anything but small areas!!! I had the same problems!! I had to do it early in the morning or wait till the late evening say 7 or 8 o'clock!You can work with lighting at night!! I have done that a few times! Whatever works! I have a new progect! I have to make the new computer work with this computer and its router!! So Much fun!! I finally made a compromise, I told it I wouldn't let Deb or me destroy it with a really big hammer and it stops bugging me about Norton and let Firefox and avg alone!! So far...So good! It was that or pi$$ing on it and watching it have a meltdown!!! OHHH look at all the pretty colors!!!! At least we have matching computers. Mine is a Compaq with 14.1 and AMD Turion 64 and 2 gigs of ram and a 80 gig drive. Hers is a HP with 14.1 and has AMD Turion 64X2 and 1 gig ram with a 120 gig drive. They both connect with a KR1 router with a KPC-650 air-card And when it comes in I will have a external antenna to help out the Air-card! That is the end of computer upgrades! Sorry if that is kinda off topic!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #31

Topics? We don't need no steenkin topics!!!!

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Topics? We don't need no steenkin topics!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean we don't talk about waste tanks?

Or use words referring to.... flatulence or cranky old dudes.

Or talk about anything that emits a pungent odour?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
how about the wet blanket you put on everytime you open the door to go out!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #34

Why do you need a wet blanket when you get sopping wet just standing still?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Give me a break! When you go outside it" FEELS" Like ya put on a wet blanket, With hot water all ready!!!! jejeje!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have been doing nothing for the whole day and so far getting away with it!! That tells you just how bored to death I am. I'm thinking about breaking out a hammer and breaking something, Just so I would have something to do!!
I am trying to think over what I havn't done to the truck, but not remembering anything that needs fixing other than the paint job! and its raining so that is out!! It wouldn't be so bad if there was a fishing hole around here but Unless you want to catch a snake, You don't play around the holes in the ground around here!
You all need to get busy so I have something to read!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, I have been staying at my Aunts place and she has been getting weaker all the time. I found out today that her son from Colorado is here and one of the Daughters is here too! And if that isn't good, I found out to day that she is in hospice care. They did that when Uncle Harry was getting really bad..I don't want to but I think she is going next! She is the last of my dads generation, The last of the Mohican's!! She is 91 and I will sure miss her for sure...It seems like the last 3 years everyone in that generation is going and we are down to ourself's! I have been cleaning the back of the truck out and trying to get some since of order. I got to start and get the truck ready for a trip! So I guess I will start again.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dan, we are seeing the same thing with my in-laws and my Mom's family. What is scary is that we look and we are 20 or so years away from that ourselves. Suddenly you realize you are no longer 21 years old.

Ken
Old 08-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, I know what you mean! What hurts even more is the fighting that happens when someone dies in this family! Everyone wants...Something and I have been asked what I want in a sarcastic tone, and I tell them 'Noth'in' but the kids are already bang'in heads so I came back to the house so I don't have to hear it! She just lays thee and sleeps, they got some kind of drug they are using to keep her comfortable..
I'm sorry if I bumming anyone out but I'm becoming one of those "last of the Mohican's". Its bad enough to be the youngest of my branch of the family tree but that also means watch'in the rest die before me...I don't know if it normal o feel this way but I almost wish it was me so I wouldn't have to go thru the pain of loosing another family member. Sorry to dump, Dan
Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #40

Capt Dan,
Next month I will be 60.Now I don't know if that makes me the young buck around here or not.Any of lifes problems I have been able to figure a way around them,but this getting old thing has no answers.Frustrates the heck out of me.Also scares the heck out of me.I have so much to do and to know one day there will be no more,well.....Yet in my past I have two stens in my heart and I still smoke and choke.No med's either for sometime.(Man that stuff cost a lot)

Well you are looking for something to do to take your mind off things?.Please go to my thread on My roof repair the last two postings.Need you advise.

Talk to you soon,

Gary
Old 08-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I made the 60 mark in July and mostly I don't feel like I am 60 years old.

Dan, our problem with Mom is getting her to spend her money on her. She has plenty and won't spend it. Keeps saying that she needs to leave some for "you boys". We keep telling her, we are not interested in the money, now enjoy your life. She is now in a nursing home and my brother and I have control of the money to spend on her as it is needed. She still fusses at what it is costing her.

The people that grew up in the Depression and had nothing, sure have a hard time with spending on themselves.

Kind of off topic for Vintage RV's....but maybe we need some Vintage RVers time as well.

Ken
Old 08-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fleamarketer:
...Next month I will be 60.Now I don't know if that makes me the young buck around here or not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes you an "old f--t" . But I can't say it! Dan and Sanjay know the word I'm referring to!

Have you seen the funny bottles of wine in the grocery store? One has a picture of an old, overly made-up lady and is label "Old Tart". Theother bottle of wine has a cranky looking old man on it and is labeled "Old F--t". They can put that in the grocery store, but we can't post that particular word on this forum.