Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Lorna, If you see or hear from SanjayR, Tell him I won't give up if he doesn't!! Deal!! I am loosing another family member, My Aunt Alice Here where I stay. I am down in the dumps but am trying to keep a stiff upper lip! I don't know if I can or not but I will try!! I may not be on much for the next few days! I am concerned for our buddy and friend!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #44

Dan, Are you talking about giving up on yourself, or on your rig? I was not talking about giving up on the rig at all, as I can tie down the toilet and have a functional bathroom in less than an hour. What I'm having a lot of trouble not giving up on is ME.Part of my disability is extremely low self esteem, well past the point of not even feeling like I could have value as fertilizer. These moods have been happening a lot more frequently in the last three months than they have at any other time in the last five years. This, of course has me worried, as does the fact that this is also happening at exactly the same time as my doctor retiring, and I'm unable to find another because most do not take my insurance. Finding one that I can trust is not going to be easy given those limitations.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
You can relate to having a bad day but having a bad week is something that really get me down!! If it isn't the coach,or the truck, or Deb,Or me! All four at the same time downright depressing!!! I was ready to chuck it all last week! I have been eating pudding and ice cream or applesauce or drinking milkshakes as I have not one but 3 wisdom teeth that are killing my taste buds.They will be yanked out tomorrow,thank god!!!!! This POS we are staying in is getting smaller by the day and they are still working on the roof,[not there fault] but it will be most likely two more weeks till we can get back in our home! The truck is playing a game I don't like called what is being left on at night! In the morning it had to be coasted and pop the clutch to start that beast. Not good for my back and Debs is giving her pain too!I had to take her to the doctor the other day and pushing our truck to start it was not in the top 100 things we love to do!!! My computer pooped the bed and is back at Geek Squid to have another keyboard installed, so I'm on the New HP with v..v..vista....You know about that new POS that Microsoft wants to pawn off on us unsuspecting humans!!!!!!!!!! I,ve seen Swiss Cheese not have as many holes as this program!!!
If I could start the week over...Id say include me out!!! Hope you are having a better week than I am!!
Did you get the bathroom done? Ours is now as I missed some damage that they found!! Can't do anything right or I'm getting stupid or something??? I don't know, sometimes I want to cash it in and the heck with it all!! I guess My aunt may be dying, but I can't get a strait answer out of anyone so I guess I'm not part of the family anymore!! I worked on a Toyota Echo a little over a week ago and the stupid check engine light keeps coming on, I would say there is a bad ground so when are they going to bring it back down???? I don't know nothing????My cousin would love to put me down but won't bring that pos down so I can see what is going on!!
What else can I touch and watch it turn to poop!!! I don't care anymore!! Just hang it in there ears!.....
Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Can I say BUZZZ !!! They only took two out! One almost had to be cut out!! They said the last one was being used by the two opposite molars! I hope it behaves itself!!! I got a real nice Dentist!! He is a rv'er and was in the USAF, also loves the older 50's rock and roll!!! Noth'in going on otherwise but I enjoyed not eating pudding and applesauce or ice cream! Had Pizza!!! I'm sinking fast so I will say goodbye and good night, Capt.Dan
Old 08-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #47

After reading both of your posts,I decided to post a anti-depression simple solution for both of you.Now you can call me crazy,but some solutions are just that.Simple.Try whistling your favorite song when you get down.It takes your mind off you "short term" problems and makes you feel better.Try it.After all,your choices are either Dr Phil or whistling.I think the whistling is a better one.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
I can whistle..but right now, not on your life! those two empty holes at the back of my mouth where there was fangs,..well breathing thru the mouth brings on all kinds of new meanings in pain!!! The left side is the worst and for some reason the upper front roof of the mouth is waking up and that is even a new feeling in pain! I did get to see the coach and they have the ceiling almost on so I got a few pictures today of that and also got the new hitch cover so I can get the lube on it and the dust won't get on it! I wish my Brake Buddy would get here so I can use it when we get the coach!
Nothing much else to say so I will get off and call it a night. Maybe Geek Squad will call tomorrow and my computer will be done!
Have a good one, Capt. Dan
Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #49

You see Dan-I was right about whistling.When you whistle the pain will take your mind off anything else.

So to get beyond that pain you take a hammer and hit your right big toe.

That will take your mind off the tooth pain.So to get beyond the pain in your toe,you got to be reading the comics from your
newspaper.

Now if your laughing and it hurts,well I guess you have a real problem.Go back to instruction number one.

Truely-I hope you feel better soon,

Gary
Old 08-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #50

Vintage RV Owners Club
SanjayR, I think we have a new mentor!!! I'm still sore in the mouth but feeling better than yesterday! I'm taking it easy as I still have those drugs in me but I'm not taking them like they said or I'd be sleeping right about now!! So far today only one! Them things just too strong but were nice to have the first day!! Anyway, Later all, Capt.Dan
Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 AM   #51

Don't want to get too,too off topic,but I do need to ask this question.

I am part of a site called WWW.Astrosafari.com and there is a Sanjay R there as well.You one in the same????.Now that would prove how small of a world it really is.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #52

Nope. Not me. No van at all for me. Only ships I have are teh Legacy and the RV mentioned in my signature. Both are currently undergoing refurbishment at the moment (and for the next several years by the look of it. . .)

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #53

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Sanjay, Your getting famous!!
Hope you are feeling better. I'm getting better now that the pain is leaving.So far today no pain and I havn't taken any pain meds! I hope this is a good thing! Tomorrow I hope to get a call saying that I need to come down to the rv and mark where the vents and lights and all go! That would mean the roof is ready to go on! I also am having them recover the floors,..Wood plank for rv's!!
That and the rear window will finish there work and I can get back to work myself! I'm tired of sitting so I will be going down the road and then getting some more work done! We plan To leave the first week,[maybe] to go to Wisconsin and see some friends and family going and coming and get a little fishing in and some work on Dusty too!! I hope they get our home done so we can do this! I'd also like to see the fall leaves turning there beautiful colors!!
I guess Thats it for now, Have a good one, Capt.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #54

Well Dan,
I'm setting here from the cheap seats cheering Dusty and you on.

Now about that whistling........
Old 08-26-2007, 07:28 PM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't know about cheap seats!! I don't think there is any such thing as cheap when it comes to motorhomes!! They are just like a boat! Both are holes into which you throw all the money it needs!!My boat didn't need this much but then we didn't lve in it for ten years and the prospect of living in it for another?? years!!!
I hope they call us tomorrow so we can mark where we want to have the lights and vents and a/c. Thats when they begin the final process of putting the roof together. They still have the rear window and the wood plank flooring too!!
That will leave me with the countertops and one cabinet to build, and carpet the cab floor and paint and label the outside stripes! She will all be rebuilt at that point and around 75% will be all new! Still don't have all the numbers yet but I'd say about $40,000 for all of it. That includes the price we paid for it in 97 too! That works out to $4000. a year. There is no way that we could live in a apt. or mobile home for that a year,plus the utility's! Not here in Tucson! Lot rent is the same here in trailer courts that take RV's in too! and that is plus electric and maybe water and sewer too!! We will have a "new" home to travel with and set up how we wanted it too! Lets see ya do that at a dealership! We tried! they wanted too much or it was already sold or they wanted to try and sale us??? Now when I go in for service or to get something the root weavils come out and I get to say no sale! and then theres the ones who want to look at what you have done. We don't mind them to much, as they are most likely doing something like what we are doing. I have priced some new coaches in the size and options and we are no where in that ball park!! I think we have started a fad for older rv's as we want to get in the fun without That cost! With what we saved,you can make a bunch of trips and still have funds left over!
Anyway, There are several of us doing these rebuilds some all by our selfs or maybe something like the way we did. We still don't have the monthly payments and other than rent and service, we are free to roam! Thats the fulltimers way of life, wanting to see whats around the next bend. Anyway, Thats why we are doing it and I can't wait to get on the road again!!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #56

Dan,Dan,Dan,
All I was joking about is ME in the cheap seats.You forgot that I too am rebuilding a MH which is a 1981 Winnebago Warrior.But for most of it I can't afford a dealer's help.(See-me in the cheap seats,you get it now Dan?)Slow going on the Ceiling/Roof resealing repair on mine.Then there is the frig replacement,heating element for the A/C,propane replum for a larger tank,I think you get what I mean.I hope to have (might not be compleletly done)liveable space by the end of Oct to move to Alt,Ga.At that point I will join the ranks of fulltimers.

So if you took my post the wrong way,I was just trying to be funny and I am sorry.

But it wouldn't be me if I didn't still try to be funny.Sooooooo,LOL about that whistling....!!.