Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #1

I know that Yellowstone had pre-wired there travel trailers for AC even if the trailer did not have AC as I read this in a brochure of the trailers they were making in 1976.

What I am wondering is on which vent will I find the wire. I do not want to pull a vent at a time trying to locate it. Has anyone seen where they were located on the roof?

Do I have the last Yellowstone in existence

Tow vehicle: 1991 Ford E350 Type III Ambulance. IDI Non turbo diesel. 4:10 gear ratio rear. E4OD Jasper transmission. 1976 Yellowstone Capri travel trailer.
CompuDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #2

I know that Yellowstone had pre-wired there travel trailers for AC even if the trailer did not have AC as I read this in a brochure of the trailers they were making in 1976.

What I am wondering is on which vent will I find the wire. I do not want to pull a vent at a time trying to locate it. Has anyone seen where they were located on the roof?

Do I have the last Yellowstone in existence

Tow vehicle: 1991 Ford E350 Type III Ambulance. IDI Non turbo diesel. 4:10 gear ratio rear. E4OD Jasper transmission. 1976 Yellowstone Capri travel trailer.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:57 AM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Common sense and reason say to check the one near the center of the trailer.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My 86 Komfort was pre wired for AC and it had a junction box in the ceiling next to the center vent. I would think that they would have had to terminate the pre wire in such a J box. My last to TTs had AC built in so there was no J box.

I agree with George that logic and reason would place the AC unit near the center of the TT
Old 08-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #5

thats what I was thinking also and it would make the most sense for cooling but where my center vent is there is a narrow hallway. There is storage cabinets on one side and the bathroom is the oppisite side right in the center of the trailer.

It may still be there but there is barely enough room for me to walk down the hallway part so that would mean the control panel would be prety narrow.

Not knowing the width of the control panel would anyone be able to measure the width of theres and let me know.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:16 AM   #6

I have a Yellowstone too - you are not alone :-)
However, I am completely new to RV ownership. I will read about your renovations with great interest!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Sounds like its time to cordless drill and back the four screws out to look under the rim. They're not hard to remove and reinstall.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
On my Coachmen they ran the wire into the 14X14 opening and cut the wire and black taped the ends.It was tucked in behind the vent cover.

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote