Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Barb Ellerbrock

Barb Ellerbrock
Point Blank, Texas
member of the Texas Boomers since 2007
Sunday, October 16, 2011

After a hard fought battle with leukemia, Barbara Ann Ellerbrock, 62, of Point Blank, Texas was called home to heaven on October 16, 2001 with her husband at her side.

She was born on January 1, 1949 in Sandusky, Ohio to Alvin and Helen Knauer. She graduated from Whitmer High School and then from Bowling Green University with a BA in education in 1971. That same year she married her high school sweetheart and soul mate, Michael Ellerbrock in Toledo, Ohio and began her career teaching third grade in the Washington Local School District.

When a son, Thomas, was born in 1974, she quit teaching to become a full time mom. Later a daughter, Sheri, was born in 1977. She joyfully followed her husband at his job moving from Toledo to Dallas, Texas, Longview, Texas and finally to Kingwood, Texas where she lived most of her life.

When her two children began middle school, she went back to teaching third and fourth grade in the Humble ISD. She retired from teaching in 2007 and began enjoying life to the fullest. When Mike retired in 2011, they moved into their dream retirement home in Point Blank, Texas.

Barb was a member of the Kingwood United Methodist Church and loved singing in the choir as well as attending Bible studies and helping out around the church. She loved working with children as an elementary teacher and just adored her four grandchildren.

In the past five years or so, she and Mike spent most weekends traveling around the state with their motorhome attending rallies with their many camping clubs. She enjoyed loading up the coach and heading down the highway on another adventure. She was looking forward to many extended camping trips around the country with Mike after his retirement.

Barb was preceded in death by her parents Alvin Knauer and Helen Abele of Fort Myers, Florida. She is survived by her loving husband, Michael, son Thomas and wife, Patricia, daughter Sheri Ware and husband, Phil, her precious grandchildren Jacob and Zachary Ellerbrock, Reece and Hailey Ware. And her brothers Ken Knauer and wife Jennifer, Norm Knauer and wife Carol, Richard Knauer and wife Pat.

Barb was a loving wife and mother, grandma and friend to many. She will be greatly missed by all those that were touched by her smile and random acts of kindness.

Barb's life will be celebrated at 12:00 noon on
Thursday, October 20th
at the
Humble Rosewood Funeral Home.
with visitation beforehand starting at 10:00 am

In lieu of flowers,
the family requests donations in support of the American Cancer Society in Barb's memory

2000 - Texas Boomers Wagonmaster - 2016
2004 & 2008 iRV2 National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Judy and I are saddened beyond what words can express on the passing of our sister in Christ, Barb Ellerbrock.

Barb was a special friend to us and now we need to focus our prayers and friendship to support Mike over the coming months as he grieves over the loss his soul mate. We feel sadness but Mike feels a total loss that encompasses various feelings.

Please pray humbly for Mike and the entire Ellerbrock family and ask for God's grace to help him through the next few weeks and months.

Jim with Judy
08 38' Bounder DP
Toads: 08 Jeep Wrangler Sport; 11 Chevy Malibu
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My condolences to all affected; I am sure I would have loved knowing her, but someday I will find out for sure
Tom - Retired OTR 20 years 2 million mile club - 1984 Diamond Maxi
I love everybody! Even some above ground!
GMRHost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Barb's death has come as such a shock to us all. Her positive attitude was such an inspiration to everyone. She believed she could beat this so everyone believed with her. I was in 3 RV clubs with Mike & Barb and always looked forward to seeing them. They were such a loving couple and I always enjoyed being with them. There is a hole in my heart now that Barb is gone. My sympathies to her entire family.
Barbara Spade
Jaymie (Sheltie/Pom) and Luke (Sheltie/mix)
35' Sea View (Class A) MH & Honda CR-V toad.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Barb was a loyal friend and helped Amber at times with her fight against the horrible Cancer. Our thoughts and Prayrs are with Mike and the family. Seems like our Lord and Savior always takes the good ones first. Rest in Peace our friend,we will miss your smiling face.
2008 Coachmen 288FKS-2000 F-250 4x4 V-10/
Fur Baby Lilbit and Diesel
Come grow old with me the best is yet to be TEXAS BOOMERS
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
Texas Boomers Club
Our heartfelt condolences to you and your entire family.
traveler4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Texas Boomers Club
We are so very shocked by this sad news. Barb was such a friendly person & a great joy to be around. We'll miss her. My thoughts go out to Mike & their family. It's so hard to say goodbye to a loved one even when you know they are now out of pain & happy.
Charlotte & David
cshodrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Both Samantha and I can't believe that just a couple months ago we were playing games with Barb. She was truly a fighter with her illness. I now know she is gone from us and her family, but she is in no pain and watching over all. Thoughts and prayers to her family. I always loved being around Barb and Mike at campouts. She always had a smile, even though sometimes she wasn't feeling good.
Sue Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The Ellerbrock family is in our prayers. Heaven has a new angel.

Carla & Billy
Hurricane Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We only knew Barb for a brief time, but she seemed such an inspiraration.
Our thoughts & prayers go out to the family.

Rick & Brenda Taube
The Wandering Doves
Rick & Brenda
2006 HR Neptune 36PDQ
rad1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My wife and I send our most sincere condolences and offer up a prayer for her family.
With all our respect during these times
Lloyd and Debbie Arms
1979 "Vintage" Pace Arrow 28 Ft,
Ragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #12
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mike and all the family. Barbara was such an inspiration to all of us. Through her valiant fight with cancer she always managed to shine with her beautiful smile. It was always wonderful to see Mike and Barb at the rallies we will miss her. May God Bless her and keep her in His Light.
Hank & Linda
Linda & Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #13
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We are totally shocked beyound words. Barb had so many prayer warriors praying hard for her healing but the Lord needed her more and it was her day to join him in heaven and be reunited with her Mom and Dad. She will always and forever hold a special place in our hearts as she was the most wonderfully sweet christian woman. Rest in Peace Dear Barb and know that we love you very, very much!! We will continue our prayers for Mike and family that the Lord will help them understand that we will all be called home to him someday and we will be reunited with Barb again. We are all children of God and he has our day marked when we will see him again. We all must put our selfish feelings aside and rejoice for Barb that she no longer has to endure the pain and suffering from that horrible decease. She has now gone to sing in the Lord's choir and has her Angel Wings as she watches over her family from above. We thank you Lord for giving us the priviledge to have Barb in our earthly lives as long as we did.
Steve and Barb Elliott
2013 Meridian 42E
LC Sunflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm so sorry and I feel honored to have known Barbara.

Mary Honomichl

Mary H From Houston
2004 Dodge Ram "Rambo"; 2012 Skyline Joey
With Peanut and Dora (the Explorer)
mmhonomic is offline   Reply With Quote