Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:04 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Bob Berner

Robert "Bob" Berner
August 28, 1934 to March 16, 2014
Robert Fred Berner (Bob), 79, passed away Sunday, March 16, 2014, in Arlington.

Memorial service: 2 p.m. Saturday at St. Peter and St. Paul Anglican Church, 3900 Morris Lane, Arlington, 76016, the Rev. Tom Hightower officiating. Inturnment of ashes in memorial garden. Reception: in parish hall following the service.

Bob was born August 28, 1934 in Chicago to Edward and Helen Berner. He lived in the Chicago area until 1976 when he was transferred to Arlington by Motorola with his wife Diane and their 4 children.

He was employed at Motorola and General Dynamics in Fort Worth. After his retirement he worked as an usher for the Texas Rangers Baseball Club and as a ticket taker for the Fort Worth Stock Show. He particularly enjoyed working at the Stock Show and interacting with the public.

Bob loved family gatherings, music, Texas Rangers Baseball, camping with his RV clubs, and his church activities. He served as a member of the vestry and youth director at St. Albanís Episcopal Church in Arlington. Recently he was coordinator of the Arlington Life Shelter ministry at St Peter and St Paul Anglican Church in Arlington.

In November 2009 he was diagnosed with Leukemia. He bravely battled the disease with exemplary determination, faith and courage. All who knew him were inspired by his example.

He was preceded in death by his parents and one grandchild, Jordon Lee Dillon.

Survivors: Wife Diane; daughters Michele Southwood, Rebecca Stocking; sons Paul Dillon, Stephen Dillon; sister Carol Vessels; son and daughter Mark Mueller, Deborah Tingen; 4 grandchildren Ashley Rinberger, Stephanie Stocking, Kristina Huff, and Jimmy Huff; one great-grandson, Jonah Robert Rinberger; Several nieces, nephews, and many friends and extended family members.

He will be greatly missed by all of us.

In Lieu of flowers a donation may be made to the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society of North Texas, or to the Arlington Life Shelter

2000 - Texas Boomers Wagonmaster - 2016
2004 & 2008 iRV2 National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Our hearts go out to the Berner Family
in the passing of our wonderful friend and camping buddy.
Bob will always have a special place in our hearts
and your footprint forever remains in our lives.
Bob and Diane became Texas Boomers in September 2001
Once a Texas Boomer, always a Texas Boomer!
Rest in peace, dear friend, and every time
the Boomers get together, you will be remembered

2000 - Texas Boomers Wagonmaster - 2016
2004 & 2008 iRV2 National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rest in peace, Bob. My condolences to the family.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
My deepest sympathy to Diane & family.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another good man has passed, my condolences to the wife and family.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always enjoyed chatting with Bob at the rallies. RIP bob.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
Texas Boomers Club
Thank you for the beautiful memorial to Bob on this forum, and for your kind thoughts and emails and cards. Bob loved all of the Boomer rallies, especially sitting around the campfire at night trading stories. He had truly missed going to the rallies, and we had made a New Year's resolution that this year we were going to make it to one somehow, some way, even if we had to stay in a hotel. Over the last 13 years so many of you have become like family to us, and no matter how long it had been since we had last seen you, once we hooked up with you again, we just started back right where we left off - that's true friendship. I have so many memories and photos of my sweet Bob at the Boomer rallies smiling and having a great time, and I will always treasure those. I miss him terribly, and there is a big hole in my heart now, but nothing can take those memories from me. I love you, dear friends, and you just might see me at one of the rallies this year! Love and blessings, Diane.

Diane in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote