Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #1

Commercial Member
Send a message via AIM to oemtech
Glenn Norman (Mutha)

It has only been a week since I posted the passing of my RV buddy Denny Osha. It with great sadness that I am posting the passing of my friend, business associate and RV buddy Glen Norman of McKinney, TX.

Glenn fought the cancer battle just like Denny and lost. Glenn passed away January 3, 2015 after a having a last visit with his wife and immediate family.

I met Glenn at an IV2 rally in Thackerville, OK. It was an instant friendship. Glenn was a "car guy" in the true sense of the word. He worked for GM, owned 2 or 3 body shops and a couple of repair shops during his life time.

Glen and I worked with Jack Ashenbach (HuskyJack) to create the Workhorse fuel filter adapter. Jack originated it, Glenn designed a 304 Stainless Steel machined version and I did the marketing. What a combo. A mechanic (Glenn) and aircraft guy (Jack) and a computer programmer (me). Kinda a RV Skunk Works.

Glenn was the owner of OEM Engineering and Eagle Enterprises that he ran out of his garage... He was always coming up with some project for his RV and/or the RV community. Probably his best one was the conversion of the problematic 66mm Bosch calipers to the larger 73mm version calipers before Workhorse finally fixed the issue.

I could go on and on about what he did but I think we all what kind of person Glenn was. I am sure Glenn is looking down and saying go get'm Oemy!

I will miss him as he was a mentor to me.

RIP brother!

Dale/aka-Oemy Oemy's UltraPower Performance
oemtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Glenn G. Norman, Jr. "Junior", of McKinney, Texas passed away January 3, 2015, at the age of 71, after a bravely fought battle with cancer. He was born March 1, 1943 to Glenn and Lou Norman Sr. in Dallas, Texas.
Glenn married Elieen McCulloch in Idabel, Oklahoma on August 28, 1962. He enjoyed a career as an entrepreneur and owned several businesses including Eagle Enterprises in the Dallas Metroplex. Glenn was a graduate of Highland Park High School and attended Texas Western College in El Paso, Texas. He enjoyed spending time outdoors and traveling with his wife and their two kitties in their RV.
As a teenager, he had a passion for automobiles and working with his hands that continued throughout his life. He will be remembered for his outspoken honesty, sense of humor, love of animals, acts of quiet kindness and his dedication to his family.
He is survived by the love of his life, Eileen McCulloch Norman; his two devoted daughters, Natalie Norman Adair of Phoenix, Arizona and Sheila J. Norman of Red Oak, Texas; grandchildren, Alex Jenkins of Beaufort, South Carolina and Abby Hunter of Midlothian, Texas; sisters, Peggie Causey of Plano, Texas, Barbara Beall and husband Arthur of Fairview, Texas and Lila Seida of Dallas, Texas; and numerous other loving family members and friends.
Glenn was preceded in death by his parents, Glenn and Lou Norman.
.Services will be at the First United Methodist Church of Richardson, Thursday, Jan 15th at 10:30 in the Chapel. There will be a reception afterward in the Welcome Center of the church...
In lieu of flowers a memorial tribute may be made to:
Operation Kindness of North Texas, 3201 Earhart Drive, Carrollton, Texas 75006 or http://www.operationkindness.org/opk/.

Glenn and his beautiful wife, Eileen, have been members of the Texas Boomers RV Club since May of 2007. Both of them are treasured as true friends.

Glenn is rejoicing in the arms of the Lord this morning no longer bound by the illness he suffered with for so long. That little twinkle in his eye, his generous and kind nature and his wealth of knowledge will be missed greatly.

God rest his soul and give comfort to those of us who were privileged to have known him and counted him as a friend.

Sandy and Rusty Creekmore
and all the Texas Boomers

2000 - Texas Boomers Wagonmaster - 2016
2004 & 2008 iRV2 National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:10 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did not know him - already felt his presence and miss him.

Highest regards and peace to his family and friends.

Steve and Annie
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Currently I'm sitting in a FL hotel waiting until maintenance is completed on my motorhome. One of the maintence items is installing a new fuel filter and adapter that I bought from OEMY last summer.

-Tom, an old timer on iRV2 that remembers the fuel filter development efforts.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just scheduled our travel plans to be in Dallas area and went to Glenn's website to get his phone and address so we could visit him next month. I'm shocked and sadden to hear of his passing. I 1st met Glenn at Quartzsite in 2008 and bought his fuel adapter and some other parts. We had time to talk several times during the week at Q-site and I was so impressed with his knowledge and his super-friendly manner. He invited me to stop by and see him in our fulltiming travels..... so now I say a little prayer and think back to the good old days. Rest in Peace.

Bill Elsenpeter
Bill (Dune'r) & Helen
Last of the Chieftains, 2004 39T, W22, Banks Headers, Koni's, Safe-T-Plus, SMI brake
2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid towed 4-down
Duner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #6

Commercial Member
Send a message via AIM to oemtech
Yes sir Bill.... Glenn was old school. He did everything on a hand shake. He didn't get any help from anyone and had career with GM, was a successful businessman a number of times. He was always ready to pitch in and help without being asked. He expected nothing in return.

He will and is missed every day.

Dale/aka-Oemy Oemy's UltraPower Performance
oemtech is offline   Reply With Quote