Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd like to offer my Condolences to you and your family for your loss.

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
I am sorry for your loss.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Drake, Kathy, & Kaitlyn
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35E Gasser
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also would like to offer my condolences to you and your family. I met and got to know Richard at some of the rallies we both attended. I could always find him at the Coffee Hour 1st thing in the morning and we had time to visit. I always looked forward to those times and I will treasure the memories. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Originally Posted by Braselton Nomad View Post

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes over the last few years. They were greatly appreciated by both my Dad as well as the family.

Thanks for taking the time post, I know this must be a very difficult time for your family. Richard was a friend to many and a wonderful leader here at iRV2. We will miss him deeply.
1964 Airstream Overlander | 1964 Globetrotter | Blog

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for the loss of your father, his knowledged helped me out on several occasions.
cfyanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #20
I haven't been here for long but, if he helped to make this site into the great thing I've found it to be I owe him a debt of gratitude. My condolences.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

"Richard stands ready with a welcoming brochure and his warm smile"

In January of 2003 Richard, Dave George and I worked the very first iRV2 exhibit at the Tampa Supershow in Florida. Together we brought focus on what iRV2 was all about by extending a handshake to fellow RV'ers and helping one another. Richard was the first person that I know that had an iRV2 license plate (NC) and his dear wife Sylvia even made him an iRV2 flag. Richard was very proud of what iRV2 stood for. He always had time for all of us and we will miss him.

Richard Hale was indeed one of the very first people to sign on as a member of iRV2 with his famous screen name; “Hitchhiker.” Richard was a camper through and through and it was his wanting to share in common pursuits that motivated him. Once here, his love of RV’ing naturally extended to the website where he reached out to one and all and brought people together in fellowship. In his postings, he would always make you feel like a respected equal, instill confidence in your opinion and offer conversation that would help if he was able or direct a person to where a resolution could be found.

Richard ascended into an administrator role early on and never looked back. His leadership skill by leveling the playing field for all was exceptional. Richard epitomized and carried forward his life-long ethic of doing unto others as you would have them do unto you and for this, he earned our deepest respect. Richard was the tie that bound and the big brother that always sought to bring people together in friendship either on the website or around the campfire.

His organizational skills were exceptional and the time that he afforded us as a leader always demonstrated that Richard was always reaching out to give us more of himself. Early on Richard formed the Appalachian Campers and he welcomed people to come and camp and share the warmth around the campfire. Richard attended several rallies and took the lead on being the Wagon Master for our 2003 National Rally. He was gifted in bringing people together and making all feel welcome. Richard was the kind of man that you would feel very comfortable in calling him your friend.

Richard loved the iRV2 website and he gave us his very best efforts and years and we will certainly miss him, his warm smile and welcoming demeanor. I can only wish for our friend Richard to go with God, to Rest In Peace and we will never forget you.
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We couldn't have asked for a greater friend on the board or at the Rallies we attended,our deepest condolences and prayers to the family.
Claire & "007"
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by Caveman CBB View Post
I haven't been here for long but, if he helped to make this site into the great thing I've found it to be I owe him a debt of gratitude. My condolences.
I never got to know him except though what he created. A great job and great people that have followed after him.
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
What can I add that hasn't already been said? My sincerest and deepest condolences to you and your family.
Richie, Rose and our Australian Terrier Harley
2004 Bounder 35R, 2012 ACME EZtow,2012 Kia Rio Hatchback
Gadget63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club

Dave & I send our sincerest condolences to Sylvia & to Richard's family on their loss. May you find comfort in your memories at this difficult time.

I was both privileged & blessed to know Richard as a friend, colleague, mentor & leader here. From the day he joined, he put his heart & soul into helping mold iRV2 into the site we know it today: the best & friendliest RV-ing Forum on the internet. His influence is seen in every facet & corner & in all the long-term members here. We have lost a valued member of our Community & we will all be forever grateful for his friendship & contributions here.

God Bless & keep you, Richard. Keep the campfire burning 'til we meet again.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #26
Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Location: Mercer, PA -- 1000 feet from the O.D. Anderson Interchange (I-79 & I-80)
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Please accept our condolences.

The Miklas Family
George Miklas - Harmonica Performing Artist and Entertainer
2009 Palomino Stampede S195 SD (Hybrid TT)
2010 Ford E-350 Super Duty XLT Extended
GOOGLE "GEORGE MIKLAS" for more information of about our worldwide adventures
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #27
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Brenda and I would also like to express our deepest condolences to you, Sylvia and the rest of Richard's family. We met Richard at the 2008 National Rally and remember him as very caring and willing to help. Rest in Peace, Richard.
Stewart, Brenda and kids
2008 Newmar Canyon Star 3410
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Richard, will be missed by a lot of us, He had attended & helped with several rallys in NC jim & Sandy Jessup

2003 American Eagle
Cummins Diesel
2003 Focus Wagon
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote