Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club

Kiley was born February 25, 2004 to a very ill mom who could not care for her. We fostered her and then adopted her. The adoption was finalized on October 31, 2006. Her medical conditions included: Only a functioning brain stem, lung issues, fed through a feeding tube, had a tracheostomy to aid her breathing and was on oxygen full time. She also had cerebal palsy.

She was an Asian Indian and absolutely beautiful. As my youngest sister said of her (she was also one of her god mothers), she was only with us for a breath but in that breath she took our breaths away.

Our Kiley died while in the motor home on the way to Disney World for Christmas. She gained her Angel Wings on Thursday, December 14, 2006.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 13 at 10:30 a.m in the Stone Mountain United Methodist Church, 5312 W. Mountain St., Stone Mountain, Ga.

Her survivors are: Parents, Ken and Judy Hammett, brothers Shawnee Hammett and Joey Boesen (and 3 others), sisters, Kenya and Kimberly Hammett, Melissa Wheat, Amanda Gully, Andra Boesen and 2 other sisters, 21 nieces and nephews, her paternal grandmother Opal Hammett and her god parents Jamie and Clayton Davis
and McKenzie Moorer.

Ken and Judy Hammett
Stone Mountain, Georgia

Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<span class="ev_code_RED">Original post by Ken Hammett on December 15, 2006 at 09:58pm</span>

Yesterday we lost out precious nearly three year old girl, Kiley. We were on the way to Disney World for our end of year trip. About 50 miles south of Atlanta, Judy said Kiley's oxygen levels were falling and she couldn't get them back up. Then her heart rate began to fall too. Judy called 911, but she was gone before they could remove her from the motorhome. She was very fragile and we knew she had a short life expectancy. We just didn't expect it to be this short. She would have been three in February, and although she has been in our home for 17 months, we had just completed adopting her Oct 31st.

The fire department, paramedics, and Coroner from Butts County and the Hospital staff in Spalding County were outstanding in their professionalism and their concern for Judy and me and the other three children. Two of the hospital staff volunteered to go to the motorhome and help with the three kids. One sat in the driver's seat and changed radio stations to suit Shawnee. The other fed Kimberly baby food and they both suctioned Kenya when necessary. Both gave Shawnee snacks from our stash and drinks from the fridge. They were in there for about three hours and only asked what else they could do for us.

Several of the hospital staff checked in on us offering support when we were holding our Kiley, saying goodbye.

Kiley's suffering is done. Ours lingers. She will be cremated Saturday and be returned to us on Sunday. We will have a memorial service for her later, celebrating her short life.

Our immediate plans are to hold her memory and continue to serve the other three children, who really do not understand what has happened. After a couple days we will take them on to WDW for their vacation. They will enjoy... we will go with heavy hearts. Hopefully it will be a diversion for us all.

Hug your children and let them know you love them, no matter what their ages. My oldest son is thankfully recovering in Intensive Care in Atlanta from an auto accident last week.

Life is fragile.

Ken
'96 Itasca Suncruiser 37RW
6x12 Cargo Trailer
Judy and 4 Angels

Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ken, yall are in our thoughts. AS you said her suffering is over and she is gone from this world. But the memories yall have of the time yall spent with her will keep her alive in your memories forever.

It is always tough to lose a loved one. Every time I see or hear of someone loseing a loved one it brings back memories of those I have lost. (Also some of the pain in my heart) But it also reminds me of the good times I had with each.

Yall are some super special folks. I saw the love yall shared with "The Kids" at the National Rally this year. Thus in my eyes yall are special and blessed in so many ways.

Yall Take care,

Don (W5IT)
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Ken,

Please accept our heart-felt condolences. Continue to be a strong example for the rest of your family.

The Miklas Family
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Amy and I send our deepest condolences to you and your family.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #6
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Ken and Judy

Cheri and I send our deepest condolences to you and your family. Its always been hard for me to express my feelings at a time like this, and like Don says you are very special people and we are proud to know you.

God Bless You.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Your Hearts are heavy with the loss of your Kiley, are prayers are with you and your family and we know that Kiley will always be with you.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Having lost two foster children ourselves we can feel your lost for Kiley.
She was in loving hands on this earth while with you and now she is in the loving hands of our Father.
You will always have her memories with you so now you have to explain that love to your other loving children.

God bless you and your family

Claire & Roger
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Ken,

Sylvia and I would like to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of Kiley, we know how much y'all loved and cherished her. There's a special place in heaven for her and I know she'll be waiting for you when you go home to the Lord to see her again.

May God bless you for all you do for those kids.

Richard and Sylvia
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Ken and Judy -

Rusty and I send our heartfelt sympathies as well. It was such a delight to meet your family at the 06 National. I enjoyed visiting with the children as much as I did talking with you! Our hearts are saddened to know precious Kiley is gone, but she will forever remain a special part of all our lives.

Both of you are such special people to open your hearts and lives to children who really need "earthly angels" to watch over them. Kiley was so very young, but she was a blessed child to have YOU BOTH in her life.

We'll continue to hold you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Sandy and Rusty Creekmore
Cypress, Texas
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
She was very blessed to have people as caring as you in her short life. Remember the good times.

Ken
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Please accept our heart felt condolences. Hug your other children and try to enjoy WDW with them. Know that Kiley is in your hearts there at WDW ...seeing it through your eyes (look at EVERYTHING for her with your eyes & heart)- and know she would want the other children to enjoy WDW with you.
God Bless ...
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Sweet Kiley . . . you know Jesus loves her.

God bless you and your family.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I regret that we missed this however Colleen and I send our deepest condolences at the loss of your precious child. Heaven has another innocent angel.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote