Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Rick Koelsch (RKamperRV)

November 19, 2017

G. Richard “Rick” Koelsch, 60, went to be with the Lord after a brief illness on Sunday, November 19, 2017 at Lancaster Regional Medical Center, with family by his side. He was the loving husband of Deborah (Mohr) Koelsch to whom he was married for 35 years.

Rick was the son of Peggy (Houck) Koelsch and the late George W. Koelsch, Jr. who passed away in December, 2016.

Rick was a devoted member of Hempfield United Methodist Church, where he served in leadership and sang with the Gospel Guys. He was dedicated to improving the community and recently planted a seed to create affordable housing for Lancaster County through HUMC in partnership with IMPACT! Missions.

Rick was a 1975 graduate of Warwick High School and 1980 graduate of Millersville University, where he obtained his Bachelors degree as a member of the first graduating business class. He had a passion for business and entrepreneurship, which included finance, IT, telecom, networking, and fundraising. Rick was a dedicated husband, father, and friend. In Ricks own words, “It’s all about people and it’s all about relationships.” He enjoyed touring the country in his travel trailer, where he visited all 48 continental states, with a focus on National Parks. His favorite was Teddy Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. He loved puttering around in the yard, gardening, and cooking and entertaining.

In addition to his loving wife, he is survived by a daughter, Abigail (Koelsch) Thompson wife of Jeffery; one son, Christian Richard; three grandchildren, Jaycie and Ethan Koelsch, and Anna Thompson; three siblings, Dr. Patricia Stoudt wife of Paul, Charles “Chuck” D. Koelsch husband of Dr. Jane Marie Koelsch, and James B. Koelsch husband of Lisa; and numerous nieces and nephews. Rick was preceded in death by two grandchildren.

A service celebrating the life of Rick was held on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11AM at Hempfield United Methodist Church, 3050 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601. A visitation will be held at the church on Wednesday from 9-11AM. Interment will be held privately and at the convenience of the family.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in memory of Rick may be made to IMPACT! Missions, 118 West Willow Road, Willow Street, PA 17584 or to Care Ministry, Hempfield United Methodist Church, 3050 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Dave & I send our sympathy & condolences to Deb, Peggy & family.

I first met Rick & Deb, along with his parents George & Peggy at the 2005 iRV2 Rally in Lancaster. It was our first Rally, & just like his dad, Rick made us feel quite welcome. We put him to work at the 2009 iRV2 Rally doing 4-corner weigh in's for all attendees.

Rick will be missed by his many friends here at iRV2.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rick & Deb K.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	183766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rick K.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	183767  

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Condolences and prayers for Rick and his family.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

I first met Rick and Deb and of course George and Peggy at one of our MidAtlantic campouts some years ago... Rick was a valuable asset as a moderator on the forums in those days and we always shared laughs when camping together.

I join others in sending prayers and condolences along to Deb, Peggy and the family.

Bob Gregory
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
RIP

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Sad news indeed. Met Rick at the 2009 Bellefonte, PA iRV2 Rally and the 2009 iRV2 Ohio National Rally.

Here's a photo of Rick welcoming my wife and I at the 2009 Ohio rally.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I first got to know Rick son after I joined iRV2 in December 2003. I became a regular participant in the Fireside Chat that Rick hosted on Wednesday nights. I first met Rick in person at the iRV2 Rally in Branson in July 2007. We sat across each other, on a picnic table with our laptops, and logged into the Fireside chat room on Wednesday night. We thought it was really neat to be on the chat sitting across from each other.

Rick & I became good friends over the past years. we got together at future iRV2 Rallies.. In the past few years Rick started flipping houses as a business venture. In the past couple of years Rick & I talked to each other several times on the telephone discussing business and chat room participation.

I am sure I speak for the other participants in the Wednesday night chats that Rick will be greatly missed. It feels to me like I have lost a family member. My thoughts and prayers go out to Deb and their family at this time of sorrow.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My condolences to RICK AND FAMILY may he rest in peace.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #9

Rick and I got to know each other through a chat room on Prodigy several years before Prodigy's demise. Rick joined irv2 and invited me to join in with the Fireside Chat. We first face to face at an irv2 rally in Branson, MO many years ago. We got together at several irv2 rallies over the years and at Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore Campground, Empire, MI while we were hosting there. In July 2015 we had the pleasure of visiting at Rick's home in Millersville, PA. We shared numerous phone conversations over the years.

I feel that I have lost a brother and will miss him greatly.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Deb and the family in this time of their sorrow.

Bill & Geri Blansfield
BillinRedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Still struggling to process the loss of Rick. My wife and I received a note from Deb letting us know that he had passed as well as the loos of his Dad (George) and the stoke that his mother (Peggy) suffered back in August. Such a tragedy. My wife and I were back in NJ dealing with the death of my father at the end of August and settling the estate. We were hoping to get to PA to spend a few days to decompress meeting up with Rick and Deb while there. Things were so hectic, and I needed to go to Iowa, that we decided that we would connect with him in the Spring when we planned on visiting NJ again. Now I'm kicking myself for not making time.

I met Rick at an early iRV2 campout and became friends. I helped him with the 2005 National Rally in PA. While I've spent the last few years in TX, I'm going to miss my friend.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote