Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:50 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club

Sue Rosalie Morgan passed away on November 22, 2006 near San Antonio, Texas. Sue was born in Sterling, Illinois on August 29, 1938.

She is survived by her husband Glen ( Wile E) Morgan of San Antonio, daughter's Stacy Wehnert of Seabrook, Texas, Stephanie Richter of Niles, Illinois, and son Barry Scott Robbins of San Antonio, Texas. Also brothers, William Steinhagen of Monona, Wisconsin, and Thomas Steinhagen, Sr. of Tucson, Arizona. Three grandsons, Tyler, Eric, and Steven, and two granddaughters, BriAnna and Sydney, one great grand son John Tyler, all of whom she dearly loved.

Sue and Glen met in San Antonio in the summer of 1992 and were married in May 2003. They first got into camping shortly after they first met. The first big trip was tenting all the way to Illinois and Wisconsin. Sue decided that this hobby was going to work for them but it would be a lot more fun in a popup, so that is the way it really got started. After a couple of years came the travel trailer and then later a 5th wheel.

Highlight of all of her trips was meeting family "half way"¯ in Arkansas, Missouri, or wherever. Sue held an annual "Grandma Camp"¯ in 2005 and 2006 at her brother Bill's farm near Reedsburg, Wisconsin. Four of the grandchildren BriAnna, Eric, Steven and Sydney attended. There she taught them how to scrapbook, redo T shirts to look cool, and all kinds of other crafts. The 5er was loaded to the brim with crafts going to the camps. Seven mile bike rides with them was a piece of cake.

She and Glen got into the Texas Boomers by a chance meeting of couple at a KOA park Texarkana. They said they were going to a rally in Waco and ask if we would like to join them there. It was on the way back to San Antonio and why not, another day camping is a lot more fun than a day working!

After that rally, Sue made sure she and Glen made all the rallies that they could. She loved all of the members of the Texas Boomers as she did IRV2 members she met at the national rally in Boerne, TX.

Sue was not afraid to let herself go and have fun in everything she did (the picture's can attest to this). And this inspired all others around her to have fun and enjoy life. Sue had a green thumb as those of you have seen when you visited us in our home. She loved her garden and yard and flowers. And as Stephanie said she is a "gardener of life"¯, she lived it to the fullest extent making sure that no toes were stepped on and that not one person was left out.
Sue was an active member of San Antonio DT/SW Optimist Club which did a lot of work with the Sunshine Cottage, a school for hearing impaired children, and a member of the Community Bible Church.

Sue was buried at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio. Sue will be missed by all that knew and loved her.

Sue at the Texas Boomers Tacky Party in October 2004

*** Stacy's Tribute ***
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">words of encourage to Sue's family and friends by her daughter who spoke at Sue's funeral</span>

On behalf of Glen and my brother and sister, I'd like to thank everyone for being here today to help us celebrate mom's life. Mom loved a party, and I suspect she would be greatly pleased to see so many of her friends and family together in one place.

When my family was visiting with Martha yesterday, Stephanie used a phrase that summarized all that I am about to share. Stephanie said: "Mother was a Gardner of Life."¯ Glen's back yard is proof that mom did indeed have a green thumb, but more than that, she was one that nurtured life in our family, in her friends, when she was camping, working, walking in the neighborhood; in fact everywhere she went.

She loved her family and we often gathered to camp together. In fact she began the annual "Grandma Camp"¯ in Wisconsin on Uncle Bill's farm. She would gather her grandchildren for the sole purpose of making memories. They always completed a craft or two together: birdhouses, T-shirts, Scrapbooks, Wallets out of duct tape: all the while nurturing those grandchildren to bloom and grow, healthy and strong.

She and Glen were great friends long before they married 4½ years ago. She loved Glen dearly and they knew how to have fun together. They laughed often and loved much. Glen says he was a great "pack mule"¯ for all of mom's great finds. She loved to drag him to antique shops to look for items to complete her current collection, each specially chosen to add to the garden, her house, or to our houses.... Apples, Coffee Grinders, Frogs for Scott; Crosses for me; and Santa's for Stephanie.

Education was very important to mother. That's why I think she loved her coffee business at UTSA and SAC. She used her business to engage the students in meaningful conversation. She was truly interested in their lives and they knew it. Years later, she might see one of those students and they could easily pick up their conversation where they left off.

She worked with the Optimist Club, receiving the President's Award for 2005-2006. She loved to work hard, to serve others, to give all she could, and to live life to the fullest.

She was a great friend as many of you from the Texas Boomers camping club can attest. She could find out more about people in one conversation than most of us can in a lifetime, because she had a way of gaining their trust from the very first "hello."¯ She was a friend you could count on and the kind of friend everyone hopes to have in life.
She taught us by her example to live from the inside out. She was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. She was always there for Glenn, her friends, those she served in volunteer work, and for her family.

I will miss my mother, my best friend, my confidant and my role model. Mom surely was a "Gardner of Life."¯ Your life, my life, our lives.

xoxxoxoxxo
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Memorial Tribute to Sue Morgan
From the Texas Boomers

Some people come into our lives and a friendship is born for a reason, while there are other people who come into our lives and a friendship is born only for a season. The Texas Boomers RV Club knew our friendship born with Sue and Glen Morgan would not only be for a reason and a season, but for a lifetime.

The Morgans first came to a rally on Memorial Day weekend 2002 at I-35 RV Park in Waco, Texas. They joined 9 other couples there and spent the weekend getting to know each other in a padded room! Thankfully, we all made it home with our sanity intact!

For the next 4 ½ years, they would become interlaced in the very essence of what makes our RV club special and their lives would become intertwined with each member as we continued to grow as a family of RV'ers.

Each Boomer has special memories of Sue at all our rallies. She had boundless energy, welcomed everyone with open arms and filled our lives with joy.

Her loveable nature and laughter will forever ring around our campfires as we remember her funny stories and her funny "antics"¯.

Her generosity and good-heartedness will forever shine upon those of us she's helped along the way.

Her compassion and character will forever be an example through the trials and triumphs of our own lives.

Sue may have been petite in stature, but her heart and spirit were as big as the Texas skies we camp under. Her earthly presence is no longer with us, but her heavenly presence will carry on at every rally and every gathering of her friends and RV family.

The age-old question will always be asked at times of loss such as this. That question is "Is there really a heaven?"¯ Her Texas Boomer family declares with a resounding "YES"¯.

And how do we know there truly is a heaven?

Because an angel by the name of Sue Morgan walked among us.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had forgotten when we first met Sue and Glen. They were tag-a-logs and followed another Boomer in to Waco. We were so lucky to have them join the Boomer family in Waco.

Susan and I always enjoyed visiting with Sue and Glen at the rallies. Sue will not be forgotten.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Sue and Glen were the very first couple we met when we pulled in to our first Boomer Rally in June 2004. Sue came right over to our rig and welcomed us, and we knew if she was any indication of the spirit of the Texas Boomers,(and of course, she was) we were in for a good time!
So young at heart, always a smile on her face, genuine concern for others, ready for fun, and a wife and mother/grandma whose love for her husband and family was so evident...these are just a few qualities of our friend, Sue Morgan, that made you feel like you'd known her forever. So fortunate are we to have been counted among her friends. Her inspiration for her love of life lives on.

Mary and Richard Palmer
San Antonio, Tx
marypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Bob and I will never forget Sue's smile. It was as big as the state of Texas. She always greeted us with that wonderful smile and a big hug for both of us. At one of the rallies Sue and I got into a long talk about how much our families meant to us. After that she always asked me about my children and grandchildren and shared with me all the news about hers. This was a true lady, and a wonderful role model. She talked of how she felt blessed that God had given her such closeness with her children and grandchildren and then such a rich blessing in her marriage to Glen. We truly miss her. Diane Berner
Diane in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 AM   #6
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Pat and I were shocked and saddened when we heard of the untimely death of Sue Morgan. We will always miss her great smile and "let's have fun" attitude. At every boomer event she was always the first to pitch in and help. Sue was a wonderful lady in every respect.

We ask Gods blessings on Glen and his loved ones as they continue to deal with the loass of their beloved Sue.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
As we approach the first anniversary of Sue's passing, Rusty and I want to say that her memory has not faded in our hearts or in our minds.

In fact, if there can be any good in such a great loss, it's that we've come to realize more than ever before that life is short and should never be taken for granted.

Expressions of love are better than angry words, kind deeds are more appreciated than conflict and strife. A hug hello or goodbye may give strength to a person who needs a bit of encouragement.

Sue had many wonderful qualities, but the one we remember most is that she truly CARED for you and she showed it every way possible.

An angel still walks among us ....and how blessed we are that she instilled such love and devotion to those of us who called her friend.

Sandy and Rusty Creekmore