Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Member Memorial
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club

SHREVEPORT NEWSPAPER

Thomas Edwin Kerlin

SHREVEPORT, LA - Mr. Thomas Edwin Kerlin, 68, passed away on Sunday, August 26, 2007 after a brief illness. Visitation will be held from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 29th at Osborn Funeral Home. Funeral services will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 30, 2007 in the Chapel of Osborn Funeral Home. Officiating will be Rev. Wishy Nolan of First United Methodist Church. Interment will follow at Forest Park Cemetery.

Mr. Kerlin was a native of Bossier City, LA and a resident of Wimberley, TX. He was in the United States Air Force, graduated from Centenary College and worked overseas in Singapore and Australia. After retiring from Texas Instruments he moved to Wimberley, TX where he was active in Habitat for Humanity. He was a Master Woodworker who crafted many beautiful pieces of furniture for his family.

Mr. Kerlin was preceded in death by his infant sister and parents, Edwin and Blanche Kerlin. He is survived by his wife, Patricia McCook Kerlin; daughter, Stephanie Koch Wilson and her husband, Buddy Wilson; son, Christopher Woodard; three grandchildren, Karl and Fisher Koch and Chase Wilson; Aunt, Ann Sills; and numerous cousins. He is also survived by his favorite mother-in-law, Ruth McCook and his faithful canine companion, Willie.

Pallbearers will be Buzz McCook, Charles Hubley, Cliff Ochs, Mike Hubley, Karl Koch and Buddy Wilson.

Honorary pallbearers will be Fisher Koch, Dr. Ragan Green, Jim Nichols and Hank Hubley.

The family requests that memorials be made to the Wimberley Valley Habitat for Humanity, P. O. Box 1205, Wimberley, TX 78676-1205.

The family would like to express their sincere appreciation to our relatives and friends for their love, support and prayers. OSBORNFUNERALHOME.NET

National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sandy and all that know Tommy and Patti:

Eileen and I send our sincere condolences to Patti and the families. We are truly saddened and will miss Tommy.

Patti, you are in our prayers.

Glenn and Eileen
Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Sunday was a very sad day for Paulette and I. We had such great hope that Tommy would beat this thing. Tommy always had a smile and a good word for anyone he met. Tommy will be missed by all that knew him.

We will be going to Burleson and be taking Tommy and Patty with us. I know that Tommy will be looking down at all that is going on and I just might break my no drinking rule and have a beer in Tommy's memory.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:52 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
This is one of those things that hasn't completely sunk in yet - and probably won't until I get to Burleson and Tommy and Patti aren't there.

I'll sincerely miss "talking truck" with Tommy at the Boomer rallies - he was always thinking about his next project and had the "what if I do this?" topics for us to discuss.

You'll be missed, my friend!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Dear Patti and Family,

Dutch and I could not believe the news when we got home after being gone for 3 months. Patti, you and Tommy were some of the first people that greeted us at our first Boomer's rally. We always looked forward to Tommy's smiling face and that twinkle in his eye ready to get more information on Dutch oven cooking or whatever the newest topic was in the moment.

Others have had the opportunity to know you both better than we have in the short time we have been with the Boomers, but you have added so much to our rally experience. Thank you!!!!

You will be in my prayers and daily thoughts.

Love,
Sandy and Dutch Dinwiddie

2004 Arctic Fox 29V TT Hensley/ Prodigy
Dutch 'n Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
It came as a shock Sunday with Sandy's email. We had been exchanging emails and had hoped that the treatments were helping. Tommy and Patti helped Julie find her another poodle and I was telling them she had got 2 poodles and what a hand full they were. We had two great rallies with Tommy and Pattie this year. Tommy will surely be missed and we are keeping Patti and family in our prayers.

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #7

Patti & Family,
Steve & I loved Tommy dearly, He had a smile that could melt your heart. We have had the "pleasure" of camping and breaking in the last two "New Years Eves" with you both, memories that we will treasure forever. He will always be in our hearts and thoughts,and at ALL our trips in the RV. We Love You!
Susan & Steve Mabee
ssmabee04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
CORRECTED
Kelly and I were shocked as everyone else was about this great loss. Kelly always looked forward to spending time with Patti so they could discuss/sample the latest wine(s) that they had purchased, and Tommy and I would talk about our latest project on the campers such as how we "engineered" a fool proof way to "hoist" the second air conditioner over the bedroom. Tommy will be missed and Patti and their family will be in our thoughts and prayers daily. The rallies will still have Tommy in our hearts and memories. May GOD bless them

Cody "Let's Fish/Shoot" Rogers
txlawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Kim and I would like to send our deepest condolenses. Tommy was a great guy, loved his Duramax truck, loved life and loved to share his stories. He surely will be missed.
Patti you are in our prayers.
Mike and Kim Martensen

2011 Ford F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4X4
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Dear Patti and family:
You and Tommy were one of the first people we met and loved in the Boomers. We are so very sorry to hear this very sad news. We'll miss Tommy, his smile and his great sense of humor.
God bless you and your family in this time. Know that we are thinking of you. Leo and Shirley

Shirley Navigator
cuvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Colleen and I send our deepest sympathies to the family for the loss of their beloved husband and father.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dearest Patti, Willie and Family

At this time I know it feels like your heart has been torn out of your bodies and you can't catch your breath. You keep looking for the part that is missing, but you can't find it. I know it sounds lame, but there is a reason beyond our thinking as to why things happen.

Tommy has gone on before us to reserve that great camp spot under the shadiest tree he can find. He is probably swapping stories right now with Sue, on how they don't have to drive in all of that traffic.

Maybe God needed someone to teach a "newbie" how to hook up. All I really know is that I am blessed because I knew Tommy. He was always smiling and ready to lend a hand. He will be sorely missed but never forgotten.

I am using Bob's computer because mine is packed, but we wanted to share our prayers and thoughts.

We love you Patti

Kris (ruppr2)
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:39 AM   #13

Patti and family: I know there is nothing we can say at this moment to ease your pain and loss that a big hug would not express better. Tommy always added that little twinkle in our eye to see him walking up the road to talk and to discuss our kids (Willie & Cricket) The world has lost a truly good Man. and to us, a truly good Friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you till we can give you that Big Hug!

05 37U Bounder Diesel
Buddy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Darrell and I would like to express our deepest condolences to Pattie and family. When we showed up for our 1st Boomer Rally at Fentress, Texas with our brand new travel trailer, Pattie and Tommy were one of the 1st to introduce themselves and tell us the horror stories of hooking up a travel trailer. When it was time to leave I had hitch problems and Tommy and David were there to help the "newbees"¯ figure out how to fix the tongue so we could get it on the hitch. When you hear the phrase "Good People"¯ it describes people such as Tommy. Tommy will be greatly missed around the campfire.
Alan
Rockery is offline   Reply With Quote