Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Which week do you prefer
May 5 to May 11, 2013 0 0%
June 9 to June 15, 2013 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campermax View Post
Sound like fun, Possum.
Hey are you in Alberni? That's where we are
Yes, Campermax, Denise and I live up near the Cheery Creek Fire Hall.

Scout1947, I will be trying to keep the transportation to these places under $30.00 a person return from the campsite. I'm not sure about the charters for fishing as I have no idea what will be running at that time in that area.

We've got almost 15 units in so far so this should be a great time.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Love the idea of side trips. We,all be standing by for more info
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #45

For those who do want to do some of the other trips, we could rent a car or make our own arrangements. I can check on Fishing charters and whale watching. If fishing out of Tofino, fish can be taken to Trilogy Fish, processed, kryovacked, if I spellt it right and shipped on ice back to the home of the fisherperson. Done it before.

http://www.talltale.bc.ca/adventures

Grey whales will be migrating north, may be able to catch some of the late ones.
Scout1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Want to hire some entertainment

Old Swingers Pete & Beulah Mae - YouTube
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Count us out of the trip please. Given what your view on police are, I don't think my presence is welcome.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I got this today from Monica at Salmon Point RV

Quote:
Greetings Dennis,

Happy New Year!

So I will give you the rundown on our park and what we have to do etc. We have just about a half mile of waterfront with some sites situated on the waterfront where we allow wood burning fires. We have many big rig friendly sites with some that overlook the marina and the coastal mountains. We allow propane campfires at these sites and if you want a woodburning fire and you’re not at the lighthouse beachfront sites, we have a community firepit at the waterfront that you’re welcome to use. The sites throughout the park are between $32-$42 night based on 2 people for May and June.

We have a great Re hall facility with a pool table and big screen TV and a fireplace. It will seat approx. 40 people. We have horseshoes, shuffleboard, areas to play bocce ball , and ladder golf. There is a sand volleyball court as well. The Salmon Point Restaurant and Pub is on site and we have a 3 mile nature trail that starts at our park and goes along the beach and to the river. Many things to see and do in the area. There are 6 golf courses within 30 minutes, gentle river rafting tours down the Campbell river, Salmon Fishing either out of the resort here or available out of Campbell River which is a short 20minutes away. Whalewatching tours are also available out of Campbell River and when the whales aren’t around, there are lots of other sea life to see. Saratoga Speedway is far enough away that you won’t hear it when you are enjoying a peaceful evening but only a 5 minute drive to have some fun watching auto racing.

With being only 20 or so minutes away from Campbell River or Courtenay, there is so much to see and do and everything is quite accessible. A full size grocery store, liquor store, medical center and coffee shop are only 1 mile down the road.

I hope this will give you some food for thought and that your group will make its way to Salmon Point Resort. We are located about 1-1/2 – 2 hrs away from the ferries in Nanaimo.

Cheers,

Monica Best
Resort Manager
Toll Free 1-866-246-6605

So if we get more than 10 units booked we get a 10% discount and now we just need to pick a week date. I was thinking that we pick the first to the eighth of June 2013.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #49

Send a message via MSN to Dakado
I am still working a day job and DH is retired, so we will try to make any date set if at all possible. I manage a large apartment complex so month ends and beginnings are tricky to get away from. As soon as a date is set we will have a better idea to plan.
Dakado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
If you plan to attend and want a name badge I would like to know ASAP as I need time to print label and laminate each name badge.

I'll provide these to everyone who registers.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Hello! Has this idea fizzled out?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yup, had everything planned no response so we dropped the idea. headed up to Cluxewe in a week or two though.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry Buddy I was away in Mexico All Winter and totally forgot about it until Today!

We must get together one of these Days.

Have good trip up island!

Rob
Old 07-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #54

Things came to screeching stop after the comment re police. Too bad, I will be down on the Island 20th July for a couple of days.
Not sure if that was the cause or if it is that we are dull, boring and lack follow through.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout1947 View Post
Things came to screeching stop after the comment re police. Too bad, I will be down on the Island 20th July for a couple of days.
Not sure if that was the cause or if it is that we are dull, boring and lack follow through.
How is it some feel the police are above reproach?

A few of us are headed up to Cluxewe Campground on the 23rd if you care to join us. I will be at home until then except for the 21st when we will be at a wedding in Nanaimo.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #56

No-one said the Police or anyone else was or were above reproach.

Back in the '80s, I was involved in SAR on the island and had occasion to work with the RCMP marine police on several incidents. Between that and what they did in Bosnia identifying remains, I think, up 'till a couple of weeks ago I had a healthy respect for the RCMP.

That was until they went on a spree of breaking sliding glass doors to gain entry to houses to supposedly check for improperly stored weapons. Perhaps you heard we had a slight water problem in the Calgary, High River, Brag Creek area plus others.
I work with someone who will be replacing the doors and repairing the damage. Each sliding glass door unit costs about 1200$ plus re and re which will run up the bill to 2k. So in addition to having to clean up the mud and debris there will be an additional bill of 2k ish. That adds insult to injury. I had my apt in Victoria broken into and I know how outraged I was.

Personally, I would fire the Staff Sergeant in charge of the Detachment where these officers were dispatched from and all the others would be suspended for some time with no pay plus a blot on their records.

My rig will be going to Ron at Arbutus for ongoing Renovations. Designer Coachworks here in Calgary is not able to complete the task. Plus some of the work they did has to be redone.
I sent you an email recently but you didn't respond.

If you or anyone else has the time you could always head up here and help with the reconstruction process. The people are on their own, no flood insurance and the various levels of government will be no help.