Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 AM   #1

Are all your fall chores done RV Winterized? Yard Work done? Pool shut down? Flower beds cleaned up? Boat winterized? Lawn furniture put away?....what do you do to winterize?

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 AM   #2

Are all your fall chores done RV Winterized? Yard Work done? Pool shut down? Flower beds cleaned up? Boat winterized? Lawn furniture put away?....what do you do to winterize?

Old 10-21-2005, 02:59 AM   #3

Nope, let the thought of eating new potatoes in a certain casserole get between me and getting the camper off the truck on our one good day last weekend.

Stuff is still out in the garden. Stuff still has to be picked up before halloween......

But winter takes a little longer to arrive when you're close to a large body of water.

Little Kopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:46 AM   #4

Got my mom's condo winterized on Monday.
Shut off the outside taps and drained the pipes and hoses.
Brought in the patio furniture.
Brought in her plants (same as mine).
Covered the A/c

Summerized the snowblower last spring so it is ready to go because here in Fort Erie we usually get more different weather than than the rest of Ontario!!!
Still can't drain the oil in the lawnmower or fog the engine until the grass stops growing! Ditto for the weed wacker!
Must drain the generator before putting it in the basement.
Already drained the blow up pool but it must be cleaned and put away.
Shut off one outside tap but must drain the hose and put the hose away.
Have to hang up 6 bikes and one 2 seat bike trailer in the garage.
Still have to bring the Today Yesterday & Tomorrow and the Arom Lilly (sp?) inside.
Must cover the A/c.

The TT is NOT winterized yet because I am still itching to get a couple more last trips under my belt with the new hitch!

Oh yeah almost forgot the last item, we need a new roof before the snow arrives!

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:48 AM   #5

My biggest winterizing job is Raking leaves, it takes a few weeks before they are all down and air raked. Fortunately the city still sends trucks around to pick them up, I would have hundreds of bags to fill.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 AM   #6

Hey, Novi, how about the nearby recycling group. Leaves make great compost, garden feed!!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #7

My gardens would be under 4 feet of chopped leaves. LOL, the city composts them and uses it in the spring on the city gardens, so they are not wasted. The way the weather currently is here I think mother nature has decided to postpone winter for a while. Except for the wind, near hurricane force this weekend in Barrie, it has been a great fall. 4 years ago when we bought our present MH it was 15C on December the 15th, that sounds impossible, but it was.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:54 AM   #8

Winter is surely on the way here??? 15C, raining, thunder, lightning,high winds..sigh...least we don't have to shovel it.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #9

Well, Brad, it's been lots cooler here, but still no snow to speak of, not a real taste of the stuff. It sort of seems as though everyone but NL & ON have had a taste of winter. What will we have to pay for this leisurely entry into the season?

Old 11-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #10

That's always the fear isn't it? What are we going to pay later for this nice weather now, hopefully I'll be gone down south before you who remain behind will have to pay the piper. LOL
Old 11-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #11

Hey folks...don't be so negative..you won't pay for anything.....This weather is a day-by-day thing.You grab it, you enjoy it and don't worry about tomorrow.

-6 this morn. Two deer chomping on my crushed apples out back, more leaves turned into my garden, snow coming in tonight...my woodstove is fired up, my travel log is on my table in the condo-in-the-cellar and life is good.

(And my fridge shelf has an ample supply of Moosehead).........

https://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html
2Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:41 AM   #12

Ah, roadrunner, don't you know that I love storms, to see the weather weathering. We have something on the order of at least 3 blizzards a year. Sheila's Brush is just about guaranteed. I don't see myself as being negative, just preparing to watch my ghetto blaster at full volume and full speed {{{now and again}}}

Old 11-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #13

Last weekend in Barrie I lost the slideout topper awning in the wind storm, tore a 3 foot rip in the seam. We were in a protected spot until the wind shifted and got under it. Anyway at least the insurance company did not give me any hassle and they will help pay.