Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #1

Back from the South..

Well away the winter glad to be home ..We crossed at Detroit this year a first with the Bus not bad as I had thought it would be .Xmas day that was a help I would think.We had a great time but for the cold as every one will have to agree.The Bus ran great wish fuel was a little less in price but U.S.$ was a help.The Bus is for sale now.Like I said nice to be home great storys to tell the Wife has some pictures to show and I have the Bus to clean the bugs off and the grass to cut.Hi every one ...the Bushman said that...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #2

Glad you had a good winter..back to a 5th wheel?
We even had 8" of snow in S Carolina !!
Ian
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #3

Hi Ian ;I miss the truck so if I can sell the Bus I will go to a 5er again .The things to get done around the house grass cutting and the taxes and just clean up the Bus lots of work.We just missed the big storms in Mississippi...Wow French Camp,Starkville,and Yazu City all hit and We were near them all..We left Dec.25..and home just 4 days the bus never missed a beat but We had a close call going down a little black ice and a car ahead in left lane spun out so the car in My lane slamed his brakes on and I just made it in between the two of them one spinning and one slidding with his brakes locked all to close made Me almost sick why would the car ahead slamed the brakes I will never know.Not to bright on His part...But He wanted to see what was happening and It just about cost His life.He must have soiled his pants when I went past I know He never went by Me after...John
Old 05-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #4

Mighty quiet on this forum!!!! Where did the rest of the Canadians go? We have camping plans for June and July already...weekend or 1 week runs but still......
Ian
Old 05-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Too much WORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groveite View Post
Mighty quiet on this forum!!!! Where did the rest of the Canadians go? ......
SOLD the house, bought a NEW one and are in the middle of packing boxes........ We'll have time from the end of June or so and have to forget the big Northamerica loop.....this summer....!!?

See you
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #6

Where have all the people gone?????????

There sitting on the fence like a flock of birds LOL I sure can not understand the People from Canada most are to stuck up to speak in camp grounds or just can't speak because there French .I enjoy the camping in Canada but it is sure a lot more fun to visit with folks than to always look for a way to avoid them.So jump in and say Hello..........John
Old 05-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Mighty quiet on this forum!!!! Where did the rest of the Canadians go?
Weather has been summerlike this spring here in Ontario so we are all out camping.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 AM   #8

Welcome

Hi to You and welcome to You also where do You camp in Ontario?We are in south end of the St.Clair River area but get north now and again.Point Farms and that way if You know the area Lake Huron coast line. John
Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Koa Niagara Falls Ontario. Seems to be the only place open in April.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #10

Well We have been back home for a month But have been busier than a "One Armed Paper hanger"

What with the Spring To Do List

and the Honey Do List

and the MH to do list

But we are in good shape now and getting to the end of the "Lists"

So will be headed out for some R & R

Rick
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Smile Canucks going to win tonight

Hello fellow Canadian's and hockey fans. The Vancouver Canuck's are going to win tonight's game and then they are going to win Sunday's game in Chicago. I know that is a bold statement, but one i just haveta make cause I AM CANADIAN.

Hey TW, I see you are not registered for the Newmar Spring rally in Fort Langley, (May 15th weekend). We have 11 coaches signed up now. Then as you probably already know, we have a meeting of the Dogwood-lower mainland klub set for Saturday as well. Hope you can at least make the meeting.

The weather out here in BC (bring cash) country has not been that great for camping yet. This seems to be changing and this weekend is promising to be be great, but still a little cool.
All the best to everyone eh...
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #12

Glad You said Hi

The Ont. Prov.Parks have areas open all winter I think Grand Bend Pinery is for sure and they also have a new way to keep the on line bookings in line so people do not hog sites then do not show up...it is about time...it is to do with a deposit that is not refundable.....now if they lay the law down to the dog owners that think the rules are not for them that will be a great improvement also and I hear that is in the works no more puppy's running loose and if they are ..........Your out of the park with out a refund So if this is You clean up Your act and I thank You in advance..Bushman
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #13
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On the ROAD to Chilliwack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hey TW, I see you are not registered for the Newmar Spring rally in Fort Langley, (May 15th weekend). We have 11 coaches signed up now. Then as you probably already know, we have a meeting of the Dogwood-lower mainland klub set for Saturday as well. Hope you can at least make the meeting.
Hello Dave, we do the BIG one to Chilliwack that weekend.... what a bummer... we wait all winter to get going (with the RV). 'Somebody' gave us ENOUGH $ for the house. So - we will move.
We are thinking of making the Sask. Meet in June.
Hope you all have a great time in the old 'capital'.

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We will be staying at the KOA in Niagara Falls this weekend to take advantage of the free night of camping. We love it at this campground and there are lots of familiesa round.
Come on down.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote