Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Canada Region
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #1

Caledon area camping

We are looking for suggestions for a campground near Caledon On for a few days next summer and I thought maybe some of you folks would have a good idea! Just looking for comfortable parking and hookups ....
Used to know that area well 40 yrs ago but having driven around there a few weeks ago on a "crop tour" I see that much has changed....road names included!
Thanks
Ian
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #2

One place comes to mind- leisure Time, on hwy 9 in Palgrave. It is east of airport road and a bit west of the 400. Have never stayed there, but once in awhile buy a few things at their rv store. My daughter lives in Caledon East, and this campground(which looks nice from the road-has a lake) is close to Mono and caledon east. If you have the camping ontario book, I think its in there. The KOA at Cookstown is a bit too far up the 400 to be close to Caledon. There really isn't too much out our way. Earl Rowe State Park in Alliston, have heard its nice, isn't too far.
If I had more time, I would find my book and look for you, but we are all packed up and the trailer is hooked to the truck-headed to Quartzsite Arizona tomorrow morning.. Happy research. Dona

2004 F350/6.0L/turbodiesel/crew-Open Road 359RL3-S5 (2010'Dodge ram 3500 Mega on order)
Dona and Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the lead...I'll check it out. safe trip to AZ...We are off to SC in 2 weeks if all goes well!
Ian
Old 10-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
So far this is the best I can do, hope it helps.

Camping In Ontario

Camp grounds by area Campgrounds - Area Map

Caledon Campground links

http://www.campgrounds.org/?pageid=133&campground=103

http://www.campgrounds.org/?pageid=133&campground=218

or a better site Leisure Time Park and Trailer Sales Inc.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #5

A quick glance and it looks like leisure is the best for us.....We are attending a reunion of sorts just a few miles SE of Caledon Village so it is the most convenient so far. Thanks so much for the info!
Ian
Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
A quick glance and it looks like leisure is the best for us.....
Yep I thought it would be, y'all have a great trip.
There is one road that goes through some kind of a park in that area, my advice is Don't get on it, if you are over 24 ft it's not passable, I just made it around a very sharp "S" turn switchback while climbing a steep hill. County Rd 11 to Inglewood off hwy 10.
Hwy 10 was under construction when I went through in August, should be all new 4 lane now.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote